SE LINEUP vs ALGERIA TEAM B

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE LINEUP vs ALGERIA TEAM B

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:23 am I just saw the highlights and Maduka will probably delete his social media again for that first goal. Yikes.

Iwobi with a belter!
Maduka should be consoled that this game was not live. What a howler by him!!!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

That was a horrble. What was he thinking? If it was a World cup game he would have been accused of match fixing

Was he the same goalkeeeper that parried the ball from a cross to an Algerian forward that was luckily cleared out by one of defenders? We have backets o...

Enugu II wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:34 am
Ugbowo wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:23 am I just saw the highlights and Maduka will probably delete his social media again for that first goal. Yikes.

Iwobi with a belter!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:57 am That was a horrble. What was he thinking? If it was a World cup game he would have been accused of match fixing

Was he the same goalkeeeper that parried the ball from a cross to an Algerian forward that was luckily cleared out by one of defenders? We have backets o...

Iwobi with a belter!
That was Adeleye, all our keepers are super useless, clearly our weakest area…Kai thank God we wouldn’t embarrass ourselves on the world stage like the bredas…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Orion wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:56 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:53 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:45 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:40 pm So NFF is having SE play against Algeria TEAM B? Algeria is playing against Guinea today!
We play their main senior team next week, this one was just a closed door test game against their CHAN team
So we no get CHAN team to play their CHAN team? Soon our SE will be playing against their women team :taunt:
Considering our CHAN team is already out of the CHAN, they probably decided to use this friendly to have a look at some SE players. Makes sense if that's the thinking.
NFF should have scheduled a better friendly for the SE.

CHAN team can still play friendlies even if they are out of the CHAN tournament
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

wanaj0 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:20 pm
Orion wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:56 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:53 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:45 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:40 pm So NFF is having SE play against Algeria TEAM B? Algeria is playing against Guinea today!
We play their main senior team next week, this one was just a closed door test game against their CHAN team
So we no get CHAN team to play their CHAN team? Soon our SE will be playing against their women team :taunt:
Considering our CHAN team is already out of the CHAN, they probably decided to use this friendly to have a look at some SE players. Makes sense if that's the thinking.
NFF should have scheduled a better friendly for the SE.

CHAN team can still play friendlies even if they are out of the CHAN tournament
When the CHAN team was eliminated, it was too late to change anything re the fixtures. A demoralized CHAN team facing disbandment would have been destroyed by Algeria. What's the point? What do we gain from it? We put together a new CHAN team every two years due to the rapid movement of players. We're likely to have a completely different CHAN team in 2024.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Iwobi with a belter!
Enugu Mendy does the same on a regular. I can recall many so called world class keepers do exact same thing. No one is immune to errors
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

jette1 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:07 pm

Iwobi with a belter!
Enugu Mendy does the same on a regular. I can recall many so called world class keepers do exact same thing. No one is immune to errors
Jette1,

First, I really do not care what Mendy or Kalakuta does for club and country. I care about Super Eagles and Nigeria. Maduka has done it enough times to warrant concern. Enyeama played over 100 games for Nigeria and yet I do not recall him making as many howlers as we have seen Maduka make in significantly less games. That is the point. Already, here are some errors assigned to Maduka ... Responsible for atleast 2 of the goals conceded in the 4-4 S/Leone comeback in Lagos, the AFCON, and now this! Still counting.....
Last edited by Enugu II on Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:38 pm

Iwobi with a belter!
Jette1,

First, I really do not care what Mendy or Kalakuta do for their club and country. I care about Super Eagles and Nigeria. Maduka has done it enough times to warrant concern. Enyeama played over 100 games for Nigeria and yet I do not recall him making as many howlers as we have seen Maduka make in significantly less games. That is the point. Already, here are some errors assigned to Maduka ... Responsible for atleast 2 of the goals conceded in the 4-4 S/Leone comeback in Lagos, the AFCON, and now this! Still counting.....
He’s made more, I’ve posted them here but everyone just ignores it, see this one he’s already inside his own net before the ball is shot directly at him…he’s just a poor keeper fundamentally.

Super Eagus 4 Life!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Iwobi with a belter!
Jette1,

First, I really do not care what Mendy or Kalakuta do for their club and country. I care about Super Eagles and Nigeria. Maduka has done it enough times to warrant concern. Enyeama played over 100 games for Nigeria and yet I do not recall him making as many howlers as we have seen Maduka make in significantly less games. That is the point. Already, here are some errors assigned to Maduka ... Responsible for atleast 2 of the goals conceded in the 4-4 S/Leone comeback in Lagos, the AFCON, and now this! Still counting.....
Chei!... . I cant believe how quickly people hop on the minutest imagery on the web without seeking to know details. Maduka had a cramp as he was trying to pass out the ball ........please go back and watch what happened in slow motion. this doesn't even clout for nothing
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

jette1 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:28 pm

Iwobi with a belter!
Jette1,

Chei!... . I cant believe how quickly people hop on the minutest imagery on the web without seeking to know details. Maduka had a cramp as he was trying to pass out the ball ........please go back and watch what happened in slow motion. this doesn't even clout for nothing
Yep a mental cramp borne from being a poor GK…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

All our keepers are poor. Hilarious to see some mention Akpeyi, that guy was always crap and a bag of nerves. It's just one crap keeper after another. Even this Adeleye guy couldn't hold a routine cross from the highlights. What did we do to deserve this men ?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:59 am All our keepers are poor. Hilarious to see some mention Akpeyi, that guy was always crap and a bag of nerves. It's just one crap keeper after another. Even this Adeleye guy couldn't hold a routine cross from the highlights. What did we do to deserve this men ?
The thing is I don't think we've had a time this bad when we notoriously produced garbage keepers, at least a country that produced the likes of Okala, Rufai, Enyeama, and Ejide who were all far and between decent goalies shouldn't be struggling this bad to produce one single GK who is good enough...
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:28 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:59 am All our keepers are poor. Hilarious to see some mention Akpeyi, that guy was always crap and a bag of nerves. It's just one crap keeper after another. Even this Adeleye guy couldn't hold a routine cross from the highlights. What did we do to deserve this men ?
The thing is I don't think we've had a time this bad when we notoriously produced garbage keepers, at least a country that produced the likes of Okala, Rufai, Enyeama, and Ejide who were all far and between decent goalies shouldn't be struggling this bad to produce one single GK who is good enough...
Guy, Ejide literally “threw” the ball into his own net in one friendly. It was so bad some accused him of match fixing.
Okala has legendary status and rightly so, but he was not without his critics in his time. Plus there’s no footage available from which to make objective analyses today.
Even Rufai’s is mostly from memory and as long as the good bits outnumber the bad, the flaws get deleted.
I’m sure even our GOAT, ENYEAMA, made some terrible blunders which we have all deleted from our memory files.

And Akpeyi wasn’t as terrible as you all make him. One major SE blunder does not define him, but you people have done that and tagteamed from there. Even the Algeria goal you guys want to kill him over from a world class Mahrez fk wasn’t a blunder and I’m sure ‘legends’ like Okala and Enyeama have conceded similar on several occasions, but no one remembers.
Akpeyi’s major problem was he seemed to lack the ability to inspire confidence.. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:51 am
Guy, Ejide literally “threw” the ball into his own net in one friendly. It was so bad some accused him of match fixing.
Okala has legendary status and rightly so, but he was not without his critics in his time. Plus there’s no footage available from which to make objective analyses today.
Even Rufai’s is mostly from memory and as long as the good bits outnumber the bad, the flaws get deleted.
I’m sure even our GOAT, ENYEAMA, made some terrible blunders which we have all deleted from our memory files.

And Akpeyi wasn’t as terrible as you all make him. One major SE blunder does not define him, but you people have done that and tagteamed from there. Even the Algeria goal you guys want to kill him over from a world class Mahrez fk wasn’t a blunder and I’m sure ‘legends’ like Okala and Enyeama have conceded similar on several occasions, but no one remembers.
Akpeyi’s major problem was he seemed to lack the ability to inspire confidence.. :idea:
The Ejide play was blown dead as a foul, so yes it’s a funny/weird moment but didn’t cost us anything so can’t really be used to compare to these multiple actual blunders that have caused us real consequences. Ejide was 100x better than anything we have now and still had to play second fiddle…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:48 am

The Ejide play was blown dead as a foul, so yes it’s a funny/weird moment but didn’t cost us anything so can’t really be used to compare to these multiple actual blunders that have caused us real consequences. Ejide was 100x better than anything we have now and still had to play second fiddle…
Ejide’s blunder was the most memorable, but not the only one. None of us here have been avid followers of the Israeli league, and definitely not back then, so Ejide’s ‘exposure’ to Nigerian fans was limited to the few occasions he was in goal for the SE.
Even if it was a foul, that does not exonerate his ball handling. If the given foul was such a major factor, the incident wouldn’t have reached such ‘legendary’ status.
So if the goal from Okoye’s mistake yesterday was ruled out due to say, offside or even a foul on him, would that exonerate him from the catastrophic blunder?
Nope.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:50 am

Ejide’s blunder was the most memorable, but not the only one. None of us here have been avid followers of the Israeli league, and definitely not back then, so Ejide’s ‘exposure’ to Nigerian fans was limited to the few occasions he was in goal for the SE.
Even if it was a foul, that does not exonerate his ball handling. If the given foul was such a major factor, the incident wouldn’t have reached such ‘legendary’ status.
So if the goal from Okoye’s mistake yesterday was ruled out due to say, offside or even a foul on him, would that exonerate him from the catastrophic blunder?
Nope.
Why are you even trying to equate the two? What exactly is your point? Ejide when he kept for the SE was a much better goalie than Okoye period. That in a friendly he went up for a ball was bumped and fouled by an opponent which seemed to launched his arm in a weird motion that flung the ball into his net has exactly what to do with Okoyes continued poor keeping?

I thought by now you would realize how dire our keeping situation is, but it seems you would rather attempt these weird and pointless discussions either to deflect from Okoyes continued issues or maybe you simply want to bury your head in the sand and say all is well because one time eons ago there was this particular night where Ejide had a weird incident where he was fouled and the ball ended in the net but wasn’t a goal. It’s just funny how you left out the most important part of the Ejide sequence in that he was fouled, it was called a foul by the ref and so everything else that followed (though odd) was null and void. And most importantly the furor at the time wasn’t about poor keeping (as we all considered him a good GK) but that it was an attempt at match fixing. Ejide for SE kept throughout the 2008 ANC and was a much much much better keeper than Okoye saving our blushes multiple times.

There shouldn’t even be a comparison just let it go, your boy sucks, it’s why he was never seen as any sort of prospect in the German system, it’s why he can’t even get a run with a championship team and when he does let’s in shots from anywhere and can’t be trusted. Yes he’s young, there’s the potential he’ll get better, but even at that his fundamentals are so poor that even getting better won’t necessarily make him a NT caliber keeper. But we got what we got until we find better ones, but doesn’t mean they are not still poor.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:50 am

Nope.
Damunk

Bros, your argument get as I'm be. First, we are comparing games for NIGERIA only. We have not mentioned numerous Okoye blunders in 0-5 and 0-4 losses at his club. This is about SE strictly and his blunders are surely far more numerous than Enyeama's or Ejide's when compared to number of appearances. That is the issue.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Iwobi with a belter!
Jette1,

First, I really do not care what Mendy or Kalakuta does for club and country. I care about Super Eagles and Nigeria. Maduka has done it enough times to warrant concern. Enyeama played over 100 games for Nigeria and yet I do not recall him making as many howlers as we have seen Maduka make in significantly less games. That is the point. Already, here are some errors assigned to Maduka ... Responsible for atleast 2 of the goals conceded in the 4-4 S/Leone comeback in Lagos, the AFCON, and now this! Still counting.....
Enyeama was the best goal keeper we ever had so the comparison is unfair. Having said that though, Vin REGULARLY flapped at crosses and left us vulnerable. Even in WCs. Game versus France comes to mind.

So the the thing is, especially in these days of playing out from the back the kind of mistake Okoye made happens to the best of them. It’s not what I would judge him on.

On the whole though and notwithstanding, he is yet to show he can become a world class goalkeeper. The search must continue. The real shame is as with the rest of the country, our talent development process has collapsed so we’re probably going to have to trawl through European leagues and beg some dude to switch allegiances.

Dark days ahead.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk, you should rewatch the video of that play if it’s still accessible. Ejide was tapped on the elbow as he grabbed the ball. When you’re holding something in your hand and you get tapped on the elbow, even if inadvertently, the object will fly out of your hands 99 times out of a hundred. Give Ejide a break. You’re being too unkind to him.

… and by the way, we had Ezenwa who got the rawest deal of all just because he wasn’t born in Germany or something. He was excellent for Nigeria despite what some are saying now. Did he ever lose a game? How many goals did he concede while manning the posts for the SuperEagles? I can only remember one penalty that he conceded❗️

Cheers.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:52 pm
Damunk, you should rewatch the video of that play if it’s still accessible. Ejide was tapped on the elbow as he grabbed the ball. When you’re holding something in your hand and you get tapped on the elbow, even if inadvertently, the object will fly out of your hands 99 times out of a hundred. Give Ejide a break. You’re being too unkind to him.

and by the way, we had Ezenwa who got the rawest deal of all just because he wasn’t born in Germany or something. He was excellent for Nigeria despite what some are saying now. Did he ever lose a game? How many goals did he concede while manning the posts for the SuperEagles? I can only remember one penalty that he conceded❗️

Cheers.
Ezenwa, was not tall enough. Rohr loves tall GKs. The truth is Ezenwa is more experienced than Uzoho and Okoye combined (international and professionally).
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim