Super Eagles (2) vs Algeria HB (2) - Highlights & Full Match

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Super Eagles (2) vs Algeria HB (2) - Highlights

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:46 am I am mostly amused by the goal keeping complaints. Medicine after death, as far as I’m concerned. When Rohr was foisting these incredibly incompetent youngsters on the SuperEagles, you guys didn’t complain; you mostly hailed him for his foresight and coaching acumen. Now, the chicken has come home to roost🤔❗️

Cheers.
Did you fight for Akpeyi?
Good if you did.
But if you allowed the abuse to slide unchallenged, then you too are just as guilty.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:26 am Maduka is such a clown! a division 2 benchwarming clown!

Last edited by return2k2 on Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Finally you people can now see why Eguavoen didn't win the nation's cup or qualify for the worldcup. Goalkeeping

Fortunately we have a very attacking minded coach . What a classic goal by Iwobi
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:51 am Finally you people can now see why Eguavoen didn't win the nation's cup or qualify for the worldcup. Goalkeeping

Fortunately we have a very attacking minded coach . What a classic goal by Iwobi
Thats not the reason bro. Eguavoen struggled because he is still stuck in 1994 trying to do "wing play" and "Amokachi and Yekini" :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Na real wa for Okoye it just keeps getting worst!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:46 am I am mostly amused by the goal keeping complaints. Medicine after death, as far as I’m concerned. When Rohr was foisting these incredibly incompetent youngsters on the SuperEagles, you guys didn’t complain; you mostly hailed him for his foresight and coaching acumen. Now, the chicken has come home to roost🤔❗️

Cheers.
Some actually did. But again it was done by an ''Óyinbo" so it must be right!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:41 am

Cheers.
Good if you did.
But if you allowed the abuse to slide unchallenged, then you too are just as guilty.
I have been constantly ridiculed on this forum for supporting local goalies like Ezenwa and akpeyi❗️

Cheers.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:27 pm

Cheers.
Good if you did.
I have been constantly ridiculed on this forum for supporting local goalies like Ezenwa and akpeyi❗️

Cheers.

What do you expect if you are supporting clown act duo like Ezenwa and Akpeyi?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:26 am Maduka is such a clown! a division 2 benchwarming clown!

He's actually not a bad GK. Just watch his games at Rotterdam...the fundamentals are very strong...

Problem is, he lacks match sharpness and was badly advised to move to Watford...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

wanaj0 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:16 pm

Cheers.
Some actually did. But again it was done by an ''Óyinbo" so it must be right!
The likes of E11 and Gotti criticised Rohr's decision to upgrade these goalkeepers especially Okoye and it seems they were right!
Both Okoye and Uzoho have skipped developmental phases in their career to be projected into the national team and it appears that project has failed with goalkeeping errors being responsible for our ouster in AFCON and the WCQs.
I am happy
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

We must have goalkeepers in the NPFL better than these two guys in terms of reflexes and shot-stopping abilities. Otherwise, there is something seriously wrong with our league.

Maduka and Uzoho have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're not good enough. They have glaring flaws that'll keep SE from achieving anything of note.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Orion wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:01 pm We must have goalkeepers in the NPFL better than these two guys in terms of reflexes and shot-stopping abilities. Otherwise, there is something seriously wrong with our league.

Maduka and Uzoho have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're not good enough. They have glaring flaws that'll keep SE from achieving anything of note.
But there is!
I thought we were all agreed on that? :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Damunk wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:22 pm
Orion wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:01 pm We must have goalkeepers in the NPFL better than these two guys in terms of reflexes and shot-stopping abilities. Otherwise, there is something seriously wrong with our league.

But there is!
I thought we were all agreed on that? :D
We got the likes of Ezenwa in 2018 from our league tho. And even then, he was apparently not the best local goalkeeper. I refuse to believe our league is so bad we don't have goalkeepers better than Uzoho and Okoye.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Well it's the preconceived bias against our HB goalkeepers that put us in this situation in the first place. Take Akpeyi for example who spent most of his career in the NPFL and wasn't rated even for our CHAN or Olympic teams (rightly so), but as soon as he moved to South Africa, he was all of a sudden part of the reckoning with the main SE due to that status alone.

I wouldn't put Uzoho in the same category as Maduka just yet IMO, he made one big mistake, it has not developed into a trend as of yet.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

its just a practice/test game people; it did what it is supposed to do. So baby calm down, calm down, calm down, lo,lo, lo ,lo
maduka or akpeyi are still our only hope
Last edited by jette1 on Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Sunset wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:37 pm

Well it's the preconceived bias against our HB goalkeepers that put us in this situation in the first place. Take Akpeyi for example who spent most of his career in the NPFL and wasn't rated even for our CHAN or Olympic teams (rightly so), but as soon as he moved to South Africa, he was all of a sudden part of the reckoning with the main SE due to that status alone.

I wouldn't put Uzoho in the same category as Maduka just yet IMO, he made one big mistake, it has not developed into a trend as of yet.
Unfortunately, Uzoho is not much better. Rohr replaced him with Okoye in the first place because of his errors. His problems go way back to 2018. A decent goalie wouldn't have conceded that 2nd goal against Argentina at the World Cup. Both are not good enough if we want to achieve anything. They're just about OK against the likes of Kenya and Liberia. :mrgreen: Our strikers can often outscore their mistakes, but not when we start playing the top 5 in Africa. We need to make the change now and take a chance with the best goalies we can find locally.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Orion wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:56 pm
Sunset wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:37 pm

Unfortunately, Uzoho is not much better. Rohr replaced him with Okoye in the first place because of his errors. His problems go way back to 2018. A decent goalie wouldn't have conceded that 2nd goal against Argentina at the World Cup. Both are not good enough if we want to achieve anything. They're just about OK against the likes of Kenya and Liberia. :mrgreen: Our strikers can often outscore their mistakes, but not when we start playing the top 5 in Africa. We need to make the change now and take a chance with the best goalies we can find locally.
Actually Rohr benched Uzoho for Akpeyi at the 2019 AFCON while Maduka only got his chance (debut) due to Uzoho's injury in that Brazil friendly where he would miss a whole year of football.
Its a position that mistakes have a higher chance of being punished and they will happen but the issue is when the mistakes outweigh the positives, another issue with these two is the lack of PT at their clubs
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Let’s select a goalkeeper from a league where a goalkeeper let in 79 goals in a single match and another let in 64
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Flex Swift wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:23 pm

Let’s select a goalkeeper from a league where a goalkeeper let in 79 goals in a single match and another let in 64
And this happened in the NPFL?? You should probably double check your source
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

txj wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:42 pm

Cheers.
Good if you did.

Cheers.

If we had Ezenwa and Akpeyi instead of Okoye and Uzoho, we’d be heading for the World Cup🤔❗️

Cheers.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:38 am
maceo4 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:26 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:34 am
olu wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:07 am Wow! What a comical error by Okoye.
We have a serious goalkeeping crisis
Uncle Damunk will beg to differ lol
I don’t actually.
I just disagree with you that we have “far better” hiding under Eko bridge. :taunt:
Dont know where this Eko bridge is located, but suffice it to say, these are not the best that a nation of 100 million plus can produce.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Now that I think about it more, Ezenwa was actually not a bad GK for Nigeria, sad he got overshadowed by the "foreign boys" when he was just growing into the role.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:57 pm
txj wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:42 pm

Cheers.
Good if you did.

Cheers.

If we had Ezenwa and Akpeyi instead of Okoye and Uzoho, we’d be heading for the World Cup🤔❗️

Cheers.

Like we headed to AFCON finals in 2019, right?