Caf champions League: Rivers United V Wydad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Caf champions League: Rivers United V Wydad

Post by Purity »

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Caf champions League: Rivers United V Wydad

Post by Purity »

Biggest match for Rivers United in Africa since it was merged in 2015..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Purity wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:18 pm Biggest match for Rivers United in Africa since it was merged in 2015..
United can do it! Believe......
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:57 pm
Purity wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:18 pm Biggest match for Rivers United in Africa since it was merged in 2015..
That is the heart talking. I believe they will be in the Confederations Cup in the next 3 weeks. I can't see them going past this stage.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Adisboy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:03 pm
That is the heart talking. I believe they will be in the Confederations Cup in the next 3 weeks. I can't see them going past this stage.
No game is played on paper. You have to do the business on the field and it starts off 11 v 11. I see absolutely no reason why United cannot win this game if they come out fighting.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

A very tough round for all our Reps to be fair not only are Rivers facing the current Champions of the CL, Kwara will also be facing reigning champions of the Confederations cup while Plateau will be facing Tunisian giants Esperance, these are all sides we regularly see in the knockout stages of the tournaments and would be quite the feat if even one of our sides overcome them.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:29 pm
No game is played on paper. You have to do the business on the field and it starts off 11 v 11. I see absolutely no reason why United cannot win this game if they come out fighting.
I hope so. But I have seen nothing right now that inspires confidence ad typically the current set of NPFL players don't seem to have the mentality or experience to overcome Africa's elite clubs. Let's see.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Everything is possible

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Adisboy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:15 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:29 pm
I hope so. But I have seen nothing right now that inspires confidence ad typically the current set of NPFL players don't seem to have the mentality or experience to overcome Africa's elite clubs. Let's see.
Adisboy,

I agree that the mentality of these clubs and their managers can be concerning especially when paying away from home. However, the talent is there to challenge the North African clubs. What matters is the self-belief in their play.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Beat Wydad Athlectic Club and get $40,000.00 USD each, Gov. Wike promises Rivers United players.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Purity wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:07 am Beat Wydad Athlectic Club and get $40,000.00 USD each, Gov. Wike promises Rivers United players.
From personal or government funds?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Purity wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:50 pm
Jaja

These are disappointing photos. Such a big game and yet the stands are empty??? Football is dead there.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Sad.. Port Harcourt people prefer to watch Liverpool v Arsenal instead of Rivets United v Wydad .
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

That is one of the reason CAF. chose Enyimba for CAF super League .

CAF wants full stadium for Super league matches..
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Not too impressive attendance..

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Purity wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:18 pm Sad.. Port Harcourt people prefer to watch Liverpool v Arsenal instead of Rivets United v Wydad .
Frankly, I do not blame CAF. These pictures do not put CAF competition in good light. These clubs must work to fill their home grounds. I would rather to watch Kano Pillars because you are certain that the stadium in Kano will be full to the brim.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Port Harcourt and Kano are completely different cities. Most inhabitants of Kano are from around Kano and can relate to the team. Port Harcourt on the other hand is a much diverse city with people from all over Nigeria living there. You have a large number of inhabitants from Abia state, Imo state, and Akwa Ibom state, all with no emotitional attachment to Rivers United. Most core Rivers state indigenes don't live in Port Harcourt except for work, and therefore do not have the type of emotional attachment to Rivers United like Kano residents do Kano Pillars.

Having said that, I think the poor attendance in this game was due to poor advertisement and marketing by the Rivers state Government and CAF. Wike is saving all the state's money for the election and on nonsensical fight with PDP and on songs like .."As e dey pain dem, e dey sweet us,.. as e dey sweet us e dey pain them". :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Enugu II wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:27 pm
Purity wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:18 pm Sad.. Port Harcourt people prefer to watch Liverpool v Arsenal instead of Rivets United v Wydad .
Frankly, I do not blame CAF. These pictures do not put CAF competition in good light. These clubs must work to fill their home grounds. I would rather to watch Kano Pillars because you are certain that the stadium in Kano will be full to the brim.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.