Caf champions League: Rivers United V Wydad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Caf champions League: Rivers United V Wydad

Post by Purity »

Wike gave Rivers United 20k USD each before the match.. He even promised 40k(USD) if they beat Wydad. So underfunding is not a factor.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Go back a d read what i wrote. Giving each player money does not equate to advertising and marketing the game to the public. Would the stadium had been empty if he had given N1000 or even N500 to each fan like they all do for their political rallies? If he changed one of those $40000 to recruit fans to the stadium, at N500 per fan, 58000 fans would have jam-packed the stadium. They would have even sang .. "As e dey pain them e dey sweet us, as e dey sweet us e dey pain them", to motivate the team.
Purity wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:43 pm Wike gave Rivers United 20k USD each before the match.. He even promised 40k(USD) if they beat Wydad. So underfunding is not a factor.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:17 pm Port Harcourt and Kano are completely different cities. Most inhabitants of Kano are from around Kano and can relate to the team. Port Harcourt on the other hand is a much diverse city with people from all over Nigeria living there. You have a large number of inhabitants from Abia state, Imo state, and Akwa Ibom state, all with no emotitional attachment to Rivers United. Most core Rivers state indigenes don't live in Port Harcourt except for work, and therefore do not have the type of emotional attachment to Rivers United like Kano residents do Kano Pillars.

Having said that, I think the poor attendance in this game was due to poor advertisement and marketing by the Rivers state Government and CAF. Wike is saving all the state's money for the election and on nonsensical fight with PDP and on songs like .."As e dey pain dem, e dey sweet us,.. as e dey sweet us e dey pain them". :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Enugu II wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:27 pm
Purity wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:18 pm Sad.. Port Harcourt people prefer to watch Liverpool v Arsenal instead of Rivets United v Wydad .
Frankly, I do not blame CAF. These pictures do not put CAF competition in good light. These clubs must work to fill their home grounds. I would rather to watch Kano Pillars because you are certain that the stadium in Kano will be full to the brim.
1naija,

I understand the point you make above about the city's make up. However, a journalist close to the team notes that a bigger factor (related one, I must state) is that the venue is far bigger than the stadium that the club frequently uses in PH. He showed photos of other parts of the stadium, indicating that those (covered stand areas, I guess VIP end?) was filled up. My surprise is that this is perhaps the biggest game ever played by Rivers United and I was expecting even a 60,000 capacity stadium in PH to be packed.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

The stadium is too far from town..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Rivers United Ends Wydad Casablanca's impressive record in CAF champions League Away matches.

See their last results:

Belouizdad 🇩🇿 0-1 Wydad 🇲🇦 ✅.

Zamalek 🇪🇬 0-1 Wydad 🇲🇦 ✅.

Petro du Luanda🇦🇴 1-3 Wydad 🇲🇦 ✅.

Rivers United 🇳🇬 2-1 Wydad 🇲🇦 ❌.

A STATEMENT WAS MADE.

Well done guys
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Purity wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:33 am Rivers United Ends Wydad Casablanca's impressive record in CAF champions League Away matches.

See their last results:

Belouizdad 🇩🇿 0-1 Wydad 🇲🇦 ✅.

Zamalek 🇪🇬 0-1 Wydad 🇲🇦 ✅.

Petro du Luanda🇦🇴 1-3 Wydad 🇲🇦 ✅.

Rivers United 🇳🇬 2-1 Wydad 🇲🇦 ❌.

A STATEMENT WAS MADE.

Well done guys
Sorry but I so not see rivers advancing. Nigerian club teams are horrible away
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

But the stadium is packed when SE play there. If you Port Harcourt big boys can drive to all the way to the airport to pick up imports from Lagos, you can drive to the stadium that is a stone through from the airport. Besides, there are lots of people that live in those Ikwerre villages near the stadium. They could have gone to the games instead of blocking roads with their umbrella kiosks. :D
Purity wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:41 am The stadium is too far from town..
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Super Eagles are 3 times African champions.. big brand..

Rivers United is a very new team. Founded in 2015.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You complained about poor attendance, and now you are making excuses for it. Which is it?

BTW, from town to that stadium is 20 minutes tops if there is no traffic. Some people travel hundreds of miles to go and watch their favorite team play. I bet if Wike hosted one of his "As e dey pain them.." press conference there, people will travel all the way from Borikiri there to cheer him on ....
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Purity wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:34 am
Best wishes. Must look to score away from home.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Wydad v Rivers United Part 2

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Wydad Casablanca stops Rivers United training with police officers

Nigeria Professional Football League champions Rivers United have been prevented from leaving their hotel by Moroccan police officers ahead of their crucial return leg in the first round of the CAF Champions League.

The Pride of Rivers who landed in Morocco in the late hours of Thursday had secured a facility for training this afternoon in preparation for the game. However, in the process of leaving for the training session, police officers have restricted the players and officials of the team from leaving the hotel citing not getting clearance from the government, in spite of the facility being paid for.

Rivers United are duly scheduled to train at the Mohammed V Stadium on Saturday as mandated by CAF, but, on a good account the team has learnt that they will be prevented from using the said facility tomorrow as well.

The team has so far informed the Nigerian embassy in Morocco of this shocking development through the Nigeria Football Federation who has also informed the Confederation of African Football (CAF) while we wait for their response.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Rivers will chop serious beatings
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

It's people like you that walk around with talisman for village
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:38 am Rivers will chop serious beatings
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:37 pm It's people like you that walk around with talisman for village
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:38 am Rivers will chop serious beatings
I am not a Rivers United fan
SuperEagles

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »