Super Falcons vs Japan in October

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Super Falcons vs Japan in October

Post by bret- hart »

Like is it against the constitution to sack NT managers now? How many games does this Texas version of **** lose before the NFF says enough is enough?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:35 pm Like is it against the constitution to sack NT managers now? How many games does this Texas version of **** lose before the NFF says enough is enough?
And what’s your suggestion of what to do with his successor when the successor comes in and loses 10 straight games.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

waka-man wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:27 pm Just watched the first half.
Man, the falcons have improved since the Afcon.
Better organised, cleaner pressing, smarter use of the ball.
Still need super zee just present more of an unpredictable thread up front and we need to get Agibade in more dangerous parts of the field.
But you can see the work they’re doing on the team. Mildly encouraging.
MORE THAN "MILDLY ENCOURAGING"

Though I've only watched a few minutes (hope to eventually watch the balance), it's hard to believe this is the same old group of Falcons. All the things they were criticized for - lack of team work, inexplicable distractions, bad shot selections, stupid foulings, etc - seem to have been exorcised. This was also evident in their last loss to the US.

People have the right to be unhappy with the scoreline but I choose to focus on the improvements I see. And that's before considering challenges of traveling and playing several time zones away. And for those who may have forgotten, Japan's a recent WC winner and could be one of the favorites in the next.

Very few here are more pro-IC (and pro female for the Falcons) than me, and I'm not out for moral victories, but to be fair the improvements under the current male FC cannot be dismissed. Folks, the Falcons have become watchable. And this we count as gain.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:38 am
Still need super zee just present more of an unpredictable thread up front and we need to get Agibade in more dangerous parts of the field.

Though I've only watched a few minutes (hope to eventually watch the balance), it's hard to believe this is the same old group of Falcons. All the things they were criticized for - lack of team work, inexplicable distractions, bad shot selections, stupid foulings, etc - seem to have been exorcised. This was also evident in their last loss to the US.

People have the right to be unhappy with the scoreline but I choose to focus on the improvements I see. And that's before considering challenges of traveling and playing several time zones away. And for those who may have forgotten, Japan's a recent WC winner and could be one of the favorites in the next.

Very few here are more pro-IC (and pro female for the Falcons) than me, and I'm not out for moral victories, but to be fair the improvements under the current male FC cannot be dismissed. Folks, the Falcons have become watchable. And this we count as gain.
Bell
I agree.
We just had very credible outings against the world’s nos 1 and 10, with under-strength squads and on their home turfs. Yes, draws and wins woulda been great but we are not yet in that league, even if we are getting there.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:18 pm

Bell
I agree.
We just had very credible outings against the world’s nos 1 and 10, with under-strength squads and on their home turfs. Yes, draws and wins woulda been great but we are not yet in that league, even if we are getting there.
To me the ranking of the teams is just icing on the cake. I was one of those who wrote off this coach after watching the Falcons' game against the USA months ago and how lethargic they were and clueless in spite of the the margin of loss at the time. However, their recent games and the coming of some of the youngsters have shown that this team is improving slowly. I like the way the team is playing, currently, in spite of recent results.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:08 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:18 pm

Bell
I agree.
To me the ranking of the teams is just icing on the cake. I was one of those who wrote off this coach after watching the Falcons' game against the USA months ago and how lethargic they were and clueless in spite of the the margin of loss at the time. However, their recent games and the coming of some of the youngsters have shown that this team is improving slowly. I like the way the team is playing, currently, in spite of recent results.
England just beat the USA 2-1 at Wembley by the way.
Great game.
The SF showed in their second game that the USA are not invincible.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:08 pmTo me the ranking of the teams is just icing on the cake. I was one of those who wrote off this coach after watching the Falcons' game against the USA months ago and how lethargic they were and clueless in spite of the the margin of loss at the time. However, their recent games and the coming of some of the youngsters have shown that this team is improving slowly. I like the way the team is playing, currently, in spite of recent results.
To me that’s really been the real X-factor (albeit seems more compelled than strategic)…
Otherwise, coaching hasn’t really changed, with Omonumu again isolated upfront on Thursday and 1 shot on goal.

Personally, I think it’s just too late to start thinking of changing the coaching staff now (if there was going to be a change, it would ideally have been immediately post-WAFCON), but frankly my WWC expectations are quite tame, which is a real shame given the DEPTH of talent presently available to the team. At best, we’ve been saddled with a poor man’s Jose Murinho or, more realistically, the female team’s version of Gernot Rohr’s Super Eagles. But then again (remaining the habitual optimist), 9 months can be a virtual lifetime in football and a lot of (positive) developments are possible. So, we move!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:21 pm
Great game.
...not anymore.
Their gritty days and playing style is gone, current players are too soft.
Any team cam take advantage, "if they see it".
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:04 pm
Great game.
...not anymore.
Interesting, because during our games with them I felt it was OUR girls that looked too soft.
The USA girls are also quite fast but they met their match yesterday.
If our girls can develop that kind of confidence and put a bit of steel into their game, they could easily be a top 10 team.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:40 pm
mcal wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:04 pm
Great game.
...not anymore.
Interesting, because during our games with them I felt it was OUR girls that looked too soft.
The USA girls are also quite fast but they met their match yesterday.
If our girls can develop that kind of confidence and put a bit of steel into their game, they could easily be a top 10 team.
it's either we are tired of complaining of perceived injustices or could be we just need a relief just to feel good for a second. it's obvious what go into these games that we don't even account for or confront and, instead we limit our imaginations, comments to those areas already Subliminally chosen for us by the social dominant hierarchies which our entire realities/lives and existence have been predicated and structured upon. I was having a dialogue earlier on this thread with someone who argued that the American born Nigerian girls have no reasons not being on same aggressive par as their non-Nigerian American counterparts. If you watched the game yesterday one thing was obvious, both teams were equally aggressive knowing fully well that the officials would be mostly openly unprejudiced, impartial and would prosecute the game with little unconscious intentionality swaying them one way or another in calling the game. These things are major factors and are our realities when African women teams play against non African women teams. To think that same inherent inequality issues suffered by Black women all over is limited in the families and corporate world is to say you are numb. So yea our girls looked soft against the US even though more than a quarter of them are American born Nigerians and logically should have been as aggressive as their non-Nigerian counterparts right ? The English and US team met their match only because they played without subliminal constraints of fearing if they would get a straight red. And had it been a Nigerian girl that kicked the opponent in fore-head yesterday that gave England the winning goal nothing short of straight red would be the outcome. For the fact that the Ref didn't even initially call the obvious forehead kick until summoned by VAR spoke volume of the fact that none of the two teams was deemed "bad guys", something that would never happen in a Nigeria VS a non African team. we often come into these games already labeled and officials looking to earn favors if only they skew the playing field in favor of the racial dominant hierarchies
Last edited by jette1 on Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Meanwhile, Africa champions, South Africa just received another hiding today. This time from Australia, who thrashed them 4-1. This was Australia's first victory since April. It's safe to say our performances have been far better considering we have been playing the very best & largely holding our own. We seem to be Africa's only hope of a decent outing.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Adisboy wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:58 pm Meanwhile, Africa champions, South Africa just received another hiding today. This time from Australia, who thrashed them 4-1. This was Australia's first victory since April. It's safe to say our performances have been far better considering we have been playing the very best & largely holding our own. We seem to be Africa's only hope of a decent outing.
I think Zambia will have a good outing as well; they could be the dark horse especially if their captain gets cleared to play. Her testosterone level made Caf ban her in morocco

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

jette1 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:44 pm
Adisboy wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:58 pm Meanwhile, Africa champions, South Africa just received another hiding today. This time from Australia, who thrashed them 4-1. This was Australia's first victory since April. It's safe to say our performances have been far better considering we have been playing the very best & largely holding our own. We seem to be Africa's only hope of a decent outing.
I think Zambia will have a good outing as well; they could be the dark horse especially if their captain gets cleared to play. Her testosterone level made Caf ban her in morocco
That ban was stupid. Just come out and say she you think she is a man or ban her for taking a banned substance. That ban was to make sure SA wins the cup. Thank God Zambia is going to the WC too.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:06 pm
That ban was stupid. Just come out and say she you think she is a man or ban her for taking a banned substance. That ban was to make sure SA wins the cup. Thank God Zambia is going to the WC too.
Not sure it’s as simple as that.
These kind of issues are always contentious.
A slippery slope.

Remember Clara Luvanga of Tanzania is about to represent them in the Women’s U17 World Cup in a few days and has been causing a lot of consternation in African football circles.

By the time she starts playing at the senior level, you can be sure the issue will really blow up and calls for her banning will escalate.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:37 am
A slippery slope.

Remember Clara Luvanga of Tanzania is about to represent them in the Women’s U17 World Cup in a few days and has been causing a lot of consternation in African football circles.

By the time she starts playing at the senior level, you can be sure the issue will really blow up and calls for her banning will escalate.
So, what are they banning her for? I am a bit confused. It not uncommon for men to have high estrogen levels. I’m sure some women might have high testosterone levels too. I’m no expert in this area so maybe you know better than me.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

packerland wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:31 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:37 am
A slippery slope.

So, what are they banning her for? I am a bit confused. It not uncommon for men to have high estrogen levels. I’m sure some women might have high testosterone levels too. I’m no expert in this area so maybe you know better than me.
why do I tend to think you picked and choose to comment on one thing while totaling ignoring the obvious

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:31 pm So, what are they banning her for? I am a bit confused. It not uncommon for men to have high estrogen levels. I’m sure some women might have high testosterone levels too. I’m no expert in this area so maybe you know better than me.
That's why I say it is contentious.
Its both a biological and ethical issue.
Testosterone is essentially a masculinizing or 'virilizing' male hormone and unnaturally high levels in women gives them an unfair advantage. The main advantage being increased muscle mass and therefore strength.

The ethical issue is that this occurs quite naturally in a few very peculiar individuals (Intersex for instance) who do not really fit into the male/female gender classifications. It is an anomaly, but not their fault. It is 'natural' to them but 'unnaturally' high to probably 99.99% of women and probably higher than even in women athletes stupid or dubious enough to use virilizing drugs. Its like using a performance-enhancing drug, only it occurs in them naturally.

So is it right to 'ban' them, or as has been the case elsewhere, to ask them to lower their testosterone levels?
Another argument is why do they not compete with males over whom they do not have an 'unnatural' advantage?
Note that it is the same hormone used in female-to-male transexual therapy, but in this case, the hormones exist naturally.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:58 pm
packerland wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:31 pm So, what are they banning her for? I am a bit confused. It not uncommon for men to have high estrogen levels. I’m sure some women might have high testosterone levels too. I’m no expert in this area so maybe you know better than me.
High testosterone is essentially a masculinizing or 'virilizing' male hormone and unnaturally high levels in women gives them an unfair advantage. The main advantage being increased muscle mass and therefore strength.
The ethical issue is that this occurs quite naturally in a few very peculiar individuals (Intersex for instance) who do not really fit into male/female gender classifications. But it is an anomaly but not their fault. It is 'natural' to them but 'unnaturally' high to probably 99.99% of women and probably higher even in women athletes stupid or dubious enough to use virilizing drugs.Its like using a performance-enhancing drug, only it occurs in them naturally.

So is it right to 'ban' them, or as has been the case elsewhere, to ask them to lower their testosterone levels.
Another argument is why do they not compete with males over whom they do not have an 'unnatural' advantage?
Note that it is the same hormone used in female-to-male transexual therapy, but in this case, the hormones exist naturally.
meanwhile Hopefully this explanation above would begin to enlighten our resident CE homophobic cavemen; There are two significant factors often responsible for steering people towards a given sexual orientation; One such factor is environment or socialization and the other factor is of course nature as explained above. Often these people are not the criminals Nigerian government wants you to believe they are. Mind you that these hormones apart from determining your physical build also determine your affects & and your mental dispositions which is why these people often say they feel like being trapped in someone else's body, fact is that their body feels incongruent to the cultural impositions of their environment. Hence the ethical issues of the whole thing is the reason civilized world have criminalized discriminations based on ones sexual orientations
Last edited by jette1 on Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

I'll be surprising for same people advocating the rights a a transgender male
to compete in women sports, make a turn to ban her.
If she is a striker, she certainly will compete with Erling Haaland for goals scoring record.
...And that's what those proposing her ban are afraid of.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

That is what I have struggled with.
If they have higher than female testosterone levels, why not compete with men?
Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:58 pm
High testosterone is essentially a masculinizing or 'virilizing' male hormone and unnaturally high levels in women gives them an unfair advantage. The main advantage being increased muscle mass and therefore strength.
The ethical issue is that this occurs quite naturally in a few very peculiar individuals (Intersex for instance) who do not really fit into male/female gender classifications. But it is an anomaly but not their fault. It is 'natural' to them but 'unnaturally' high to probably 99.99% of women and probably higher even in women athletes stupid or dubious enough to use virilizing drugs.Its like using a performance-enhancing drug, only it occurs in them naturally.

So is it right to 'ban' them, or as has been the case elsewhere, to ask them to lower their testosterone levels.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Otitokoro wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:38 am That is what I have struggled with.
...And men with lower level of testosterone than normal males should compete with women?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

What's your definition of 'normal'?
The discussion is about women with abnormally high testosterone levels.
Medically, the average man has testosterone levels about 15 times that of an average woman.
joao wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:14 am
...And men with lower level of testosterone than normal males should compete with women?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

joao wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:14 am
I can’t say for sure, but ‘low’ testosterone levels in men would rarely be found at levels seen in the average female.
As for females with high testosterone levels, they don’t need to match male levels to have that clear physical advantage.
It is probably why even male U16 teams can match senior female teams physically. Not too long ago the Australian women’s national team rated top 5 in the world at the time lost 7-kondo to an Australian U-16 male team in a friendly.
Testosterone don kick in even at 13-14 years of age.