IWOBI SHOULD HAVE WORN THE BAND

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
IWOBI SHOULD HAVE WORN THE BAND

Post by jette1 »

Again I’m basing this on seniority in the team but whatever the motivation is for Moses to wear it didn’t not pay off though he did ok. The perfect psychological position for band is IWOBI position even seniority aside in the absence of EKONG
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: IWOBI SHOULD HAVE WORN THE BAND

Post by Enugu II »

jette1 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:11 am Again I’m basing this on seniority in the team but whatever the motivation is for Moses to wear it didn’t not pay off though he did ok. The perfect psychological position for band is IWOBI position even seniority aside in the absence of EKONG
Agreed. I thought about it as well. He has more appearances than Simon. However (I need to check this), Simon may have earned his debut before Alex.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Iwobi is not a leader…..and you cannot pick your captain based on caps or date of debut….

The armband should have gone to Bassey…
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Enyi wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:17 am Iwobi is not a leader…..and you cannot pick your captain based on caps or date of debut….

You defeated your own argument. Going by your logic So IWOBI is not a leader therefore he didn’t get the band. Moses is more of a leader than IWOBI because he got the band after all but BASSEY is less of a leader than IWOBI and Moses because after all Bassey didn’t get the band either. Well done and crap for yourself.
Last edited by jette1 on Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Simon Moses should never be in that NT, he's not a good player
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Enyi wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:17 am Iwobi is not a leader…..and you cannot pick your captain based on caps or date of debut….

Enyi

Why do you reach this conclusion and how? I see no reason why Alex cannot lead. What is too tough about leading a bunch of his mates?

In any case, the fact is that Moses Simon DOES have seniority over Alex Iwobi and that is how Nigerian captainship has been historically decided. Moses debuted on March 15, 2015 and Alex debuted on October 120, 2015.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics