My Telephone Conversation With Peseiro After The Game (Nigeria 1 Algeria 2)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
My Telephone Conversation With Peseiro After The Game (Nigeria 1 Algeria 2)

Post by Enugu II »

IN PESEIRO'S HEAD AND MIND AFTER THE LOSS IN ORAN...
This is not a true story by any imagination but a Lazer-like excusion into the Manager's Mind. Be Aware!!!

Well, the good thing is that Jose Peseiro did not hang up the telephone when I called. Surprisingly, he was upbeat and thought the team should have at least earned a draw. He felt calls went against his team and that perhaps in Lagos, the disallowed goal would have counted and he protested when I argued that Ademola may have been offside and that there are electronic replays these days. Nevertheless, here is what he surmised.

First..... my team is coming around gradually. It is not yet where I know it would be when the next AFCON comes around but I am encouraged. Do not forget that there were several players that were unavailable ....especially Victor.

Well, I have been thinking about building a core and strong center of the defense. My skipper was absemt and I took the opportunity to look at Kevin. Well, even if the captain was here, I had already planned to take a look at Kevin. You know, this is why I did not start him in the game against Algeria B. Today, Kevin showed that he belonged. There was only one mistake. He must watch straying up too far....too far, you know! Late in the game, he was cut off too far yup front. In any case, I will take a further look at him in the coming games. As for Bassey, you will agree with me that he is growing and I am convinced that he is our heart of the defense going forward.

Now, at the wide backs? They are playing to my instructions not to stray to far up front. This had been a problem with Aina in the last few games but today he was really good. I yelled sometimes but I think he is beginning to understand how I want him to play. Sanusi had opportunities and he used it at times. He really can cross the ball and I want him to do so when he goes up. His defending needs a bit more work. .... I am referring to more awareness of dangerous moments, you know.

Yea, I did not skip the goalkeeping. I wanted to not start with it....This is where we have work to do. They are good lads but being alert is a continuing problem. As the last line of defense, your errors can be magnified and you must be 110% alert. We saw it with Maduka a few days ago and today Uzoho appeared to be late judging a ball from 40 yards. This has to change. In any case, I continue to look for stability in this important position. It is a key won if we hope to become champion of Africa.

The midfield was good. I missed Ndidi but we must build a team that can miss a player or two and still play the same. Frank (Onyeka) was good today. Although he gave up a soft penalty today, I was impressed with his energy. He presented himself often as an outlet and was not afraid to win the ball back. Further up, Iwobi was a bit more subdued than usual and we need him at his best. He is our best player by far. Today, he was a bit off but still contributed. He made one telling pass late in the opening half that could have led to a second goal. The wide midfielders were more quiet than I would want. Lookman was okay in some parts of the first half but I need more awareness from him. Not being aware cost us one opportunity in the early part of the second half.... But I still think his goal should have stayed. Simon was quiet. Not sure if it was the armband. You know, the armband can weigh heavily on some. I will talk with him because he is such a key player for us.

Aha.... the attack? You know, Victor is Victor! The energy, the hunger, and the agility. We missed that a lot today. But we have to realize that we have one Victor. Today, the others gave a good account of themselves but it is not the same. Moffi is a really good lad. I like him a lot. You saw today how opportunistic that he can be. How many players would have been in position to score that opening goal? That is Murphy for you. He will do kore in the future as he gets more comfortable. Iheanacho is really a tweener.... not quite a striker, not quite a midfielder.... he plays in-between the two positions. Today, he tried his best but we need more.

With the subs, I am trying to see more of what they can give us. Today was very difficult because we had difficulty keeping the ball for long. I think there will be better games where it will be more to see and think about the substitutes.

Thank you for calling......
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: My Telephone Conversation With Peseiro After The Game (Nigeria 1 Algeria 2)

Post by Purity »

Thanks for sharing.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Great comments from the coach. Hr saw all what we saw during the game. Goalies and midfielders
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The defence with Kelvin and Bassey as the main anchors is slowly coming together, the "Oyinbo wall" is about as good as replaced for good...now we should look to build more on depth by scouting more quality defenders, Jordan Torunarigha, Olisa Ndah and any NPFL revelation should be monitored. The main crisis is the midfield and GK, aside from Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi and Onyeka we lack quality badly...Yusuf, Nwakali, Ejaria, Amoo should definitely be called up going forward, Onyedika should still be monitored cause he's a decent player for depth. I pray Southgate does a "Southgate" by not picking Eze and/Olise in his world cup squad, that's our chance to make our move for either or both players.

NOW that Goal Keeping position needs immediate surgery.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:46 pm Great comments from the coach. Hr saw all what we saw during the game. Goalies and midfielders
Bigpokey

For avoidance of doubt, this is based on clairvoyantly getting into the mind of the coach and not a real conversation.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:46 pm Great comments from the coach. Hr saw all what we saw during the game. Goalies and midfielders
BP, did you not see the first sentence in the story that said, this is not a true story❓🤷🏾‍♀️❗️

Cheers.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:47 pm
Bigpokey

For avoidance of doubt, this is based on clairvoyantly getting into the mind of the coach and not a real conversation.
@Enugu, you got me for a minute there! :lol: :lol: :lol: Keep up the good work, because I always like reading your post match articles.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

well guys I didn't see the top part and skipped to the article, however when i finished reading it , i felt lazy editing my comment and just went to get ready for the morning .
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

This is not a true story by any imagination but a Lazer-like excusion into the Manager's Mind. Be Aware!!!

Our national team is becoming a butt of joke for this article to be published and accepted (in some quarters).
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This is how a true coach assesses performance, not the short-circuited robotic concentrated gibberish that old man ATF txj spew here after every game.
Enugu II wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:11 am

Well, the good thing is that Jose Peseiro did not hang up the telephone when I called. Surprisingly, he was upbeat and thought the team should have at least earned a draw. He felt calls went against his team and that perhaps in Lagos, the disallowed goal would have counted and he protested when I argued that Ademola may have been offside and that there are electronic replays these days. Nevertheless, here is what he surmised.

First..... my team is coming around gradually. It is not yet where I know it would be when the next AFCON comes around but I am encouraged. Do not forget that there were several players that were unavailable ....especially Victor.

Well, I have been thinking about building a core and strong center of the defense. My skipper was absemt and I took the opportunity to look at Kevin. Well, even if the captain was here, I had already planned to take a look at Kevin. You know, this is why I did not start him in the game against Algeria B. Today, Kevin showed that he belonged. There was only one mistake. He must watch straying up too far....too far, you know! Late in the game, he was cut off too far yup front. In any case, I will take a further look at him in the coming games. As for Bassey, you will agree with me that he is growing and I am convinced that he is our heart of the defense going forward.

Now, at the wide backs? They are playing to my instructions not to stray to far up front. This had been a problem with Aina in the last few games but today he was really good. I yelled sometimes but I think he is beginning to understand how I want him to play. Sanusi had opportunities and he used it at times. He really can cross the ball and I want him to do so when he goes up. His defending needs a bit more work. .... I am referring to more awareness of dangerous moments, you know.

Yea, I did not skip the goalkeeping. I wanted to not start with it....This is where we have work to do. They are good lads but being alert is a continuing problem. As the last line of defense, your errors can be magnified and you must be 110% alert. We saw it with Maduka a few days ago and today Uzoho appeared to be late judging a ball from 40 yards. This has to change. In any case, I continue to look for stability in this important position. It is a key won if we hope to become champion of Africa.

The midfield was good. I missed Ndidi but we must build a team that can miss a player or two and still play the same. Frank (Onyeka) was good today. Although he gave up a soft penalty today, I was impressed with his energy. He presented himself often as an outlet and was not afraid to win the ball back. Further up, Iwobi was a bit more subdued than usual and we need him at his best. He is our best player by far. Today, he was a bit off but still contributed. He made one telling pass late in the opening half that could have led to a second goal. The wide midfielders were more quiet than I would want. Lookman was okay in some parts of the first half but I need more awareness from him. Not being aware cost us one opportunity in the early part of the second half.... But I still think his goal should have stayed. Simon was quiet. Not sure if it was the armband. You know, the armband can weigh heavily on some. I will talk with him because he is such a key player for us.

Aha.... the attack? You know, Victor is Victor! The energy, the hunger, and the agility. We missed that a lot today. But we have to realize that we have one Victor. Today, the others gave a good account of themselves but it is not the same. Moffi is a really good lad. I like him a lot. You saw today how opportunistic that he can be. How many players would have been in position to score that opening goal? That is Murphy for you. He will do kore in the future as he gets more comfortable. Iheanacho is really a tweener.... not quite a striker, not quite a midfielder.... he plays in-between the two positions. Today, he tried his best but we need more.

With the subs, I am trying to see more of what they can give us. Today was very difficult because we had difficulty keeping the ball for long. I think there will be better games where it will be more to see and think about the substitutes.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ummm it wasn’t really the coach it was EII…lol
1naija wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:51 pm This is how a true coach assesses performance, not the short-circuited robotic concentrated gibberish that old man ATF txj spew here after every game.
Enugu II wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:11 am

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:17 pm well guys I didn't see the top part and skipped to the article, however when i finished reading it , i felt lazy editing my comment and just went to get ready for the morning .
You see yasef?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:17 pm well guys I didn't see the top part and skipped to the article, however when i finished reading it , i felt lazy editing my comment and just went to get ready for the morning .
You mean didn't vacuum the Taxi again after last night shift and you are new hire ? :taunt:
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Thanks EII.
As usual you went to the core of the matter and presented a much better perspective.

Cheers Bro!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

It appears Enugu made an effort to projecting the coach's rudimental English positively & in good light which essentially makes him no longer an impartial observer / reporter. it's understably hard to remain objective in that situation where you are helping him ensure his message is well packaged for better digestion by us his audience. otherwise how could he not misspeak (not grammatically) but tactically at some point.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What a nonsensical write up then. :taunt:
maceo4 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:02 pm Ummm it wasn’t really the coach it was EII…lol
1naija wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:51 pm This is how a true coach assesses performance, not the short-circuited robotic concentrated gibberish that old man ATF txj spew here after every game.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bigpokey

Like explaining astrophysics to a chihuahua.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:46 pm
Bigpokey

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

txj wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:03 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:46 pm
Bigpokey

Bigplonkey dropped his critical thinking skills he never had.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

🤦🏽