Last new player to excite

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Last new player to excite

Post by Dammy »

After watching our most recent match against Algeria, and some of our hyped players not living up to the hype. I reminisced about which player was the last to really excite me. I thought about the likes of Obafemi Martins, Christian Obodo, Joel Obi etc when they emerged on the scene and how I was really excited about the prospect of these players playing for the SE.
I could not think past Kelechi Iheanacho as the last new talent to emerge and really excite me.
That seems like ages ago now and it seems the conveyor belt of emerging talents is drying up.
Who was the last emerging player to excite CEs?
I am happy
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Last new player to excite

Post by 1naija »

Piss poor bad agent Bret Fart disagrees with you. Adeleye Adebayo is the most exciting new player to ever take the field according to him.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:43 pm After watching our most recent match against Algeria, and some of our hyped players not living up to the hype. I reminisced about which player was the last to really excite me. I thought about the likes of Obafemi Martins, Christian Obodo, Joel Obi etc when they emerged on the scene and how I was really excited about the prospect of these players playing for the SE.
I could not think past Kelechi Iheanacho as the last new talent to emerge and really excite me.
That seems like ages ago now and it seems the conveyor belt of emerging talents is drying up.
Who was the last emerging player to excite CEs?
Osimhen is the last emerging player to excite and he is delivering but still a long way to go. Chukwueze is another one.

But the only player that I have felt excited about in the last few years but who appears to have stagnated is Paul Mukairu.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I am surprised you left out Bartholomew Ogbeche, the bicycle kick seeing/heard around the world.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Osimhen nko?
I don’t remember Joel Obi delivering to the level Osimhen is delivering by any stretch of the imagination.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

You guys forget so fast...once upon a time Rabiu Ibrahim and Lukman Haruna were once sensations in the Nigerian football circa :taunt:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Chrisantus .............
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

:rotf: Ever since I destroyed his agency business I live rent free in 419naija head. It's only going to get worse cos I have more players that are signing up to my agency. I must hammer. Make SE great again :biggrin: :tic: :taunt:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.