What is Eguavoen's input after all these Peserio matches?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

OJI
Egg
Egg
What is Eguavoen's input after all these Peserio matches?

Post by OJI »

After all these matches managed by Peserio, does anyone have an idea of the technical department and/or Eguavoen's feedback / insight /criticism(s) of his performance?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What is Eguavoen's input after all these Peserio matches?

Post by jette1 »

OJI wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:27 pm After all these matches managed by Peserio, does anyone have an idea of the technical department and/or Eguavoen's feedback / insight /criticism(s) of his performance?
Are you missing him so badly to give you something to talk about
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I am surprised Eguavoen accepted
to continue in his previous job. He should have resigned and gone on to do other things.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Have you heard of anyone resigning in Nigeria? What else will he do if he resigns? The guy will just lay low for a couple of years and come back with colored draft next time to further mesmerize the heck out of uncle cellulite.
Lolly wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:37 pm I am surprised Eguavoen accepted
to continue in his previous job. He should have resigned and gone on to do other things.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

His contract is paid by FIFA and not the NFF. He will not resign from such a cosy job.
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

442 is his input.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Dammy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:29 pm
His contract is paid by FIFA and not the NFF. He will not resign from such a cosy job.
So, that explains why they didn’t fire him after ANC. I guess it’s true the NFF are piss broke. Relieving him of his duties means hiring and paying someone else (most likely a foreign coach).

Men, those people really gambled with our WCQ.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

packerland wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:55 pm
So, that explains why they didn’t fire him after ANC. I guess it’s true the NFF are piss broke. Relieving him of his duties means hiring and paying someone else (most likely a foreign coach).

Packerland

Firing him would not have been a clear thing.

Recall, that he was never hired to manage the team. So how can he reasonably be fired for a job that he was never hired to execute? He was hired for another position and was only seconded to lead the team to the AFCON. After the AFCON, he went back to the position for which he was hired.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:30 pm

Packerland

Firing him would not have been a clear thing.

Recall, that he was never hired to manage the team. So how can he reasonably be fired for a job that he was never hired to execute? He was hired for another position and was only seconded to lead the team to the AFCON. After the AFCON, he went back to the position for which he was hired.
Let me correct my verb. Relieving him from managing the SE still meant they had to hire somebody to take over. Mostly likely an FC since Pinnick was still in charge.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...like what?
Government job is freest and easiest in Nigeria.
I bet he got government car or cars, bodyguards and all to boot.
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

After travelling to South America in May and then to Europe in late July, FIFA’s Head of Technical Leadership Jamie Houchen and his team paid a visit to Africa earlier this week. The delegation headed to Accra in Ghana, where the Technical Directors of 21 member associations in Africa awaited them. On the agenda: a seminar on the development of technical leadership.

“The Technical Leadership team are delighted to offer this initial course, which has a real focus on leadership skills, for experienced Technical Directors working in CAF,” explained Houchen. “With the collective responsibility for communities representing 528 million people, it’s clear that, if we can help Technical Directors to become more effective leaders and then hand them the tools to do so, the potential impact is considerable, because we are improving the football environment within each member association.”

https://www.fifa.com/news/technical-lea ... na-seminar

List of participants
https://cdn.ghanafa.org/2022/09/List-of ... -Ghana.pdf
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

At least a gambler knows what he is doing, these ones did not gamble, they just did not know what they were doing or what they wanted to do.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho