The New NFF President is Ibrahim Gusau

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The New NFF President is Ibrahim Gusau

Post by vancity eagle »

Odas wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:50 am
1naija wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:52 pm Uncle Odas, you will soon wish Uncle Pinnick had remained the president. We are back to the days of players mysteriously copping injuries days before qualifiers, and the era of bribing referees to qualify for major tournament. Like him or hate him, Pinnick is the first President (NFF or NFA) to bring professionalism to the organization and the team.

Mark my words .... we will struggle to qualify for 2026
Odas wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:54 pm Well, I hope he will do a better job than Pinnick did
Master 1Naija,

Perhaps you are correct, but let's wait till then. For now, a new leader of the NFF seems better.
Unless the new NFF leader has correctly identified the problem with the previous administration, it will all be just theater and we will continue the cycle of piss poor results.

They will result to cheap slogans and rhetoric without actually doing anything, and may even take us even further backwards. This IMO is more likely than any improvement.

I have no faith in any of these guys. Hope I am proven wrong.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:34 pm
Odas wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:50 am
1naija wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:52 pm Uncle Odas, you will soon wish Uncle Pinnick had remained the president. We are back to the days of players mysteriously copping injuries days before qualifiers, and the era of bribing referees to qualify for major tournament. Like him or hate him, Pinnick is the first President (NFF or NFA) to bring professionalism to the organization and the team.

Mark my words .... we will struggle to qualify for 2026
Odas wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:54 pm Well, I hope he will do a better job than Pinnick did
Master 1Naija,

Perhaps you are correct, but let's wait till then. For now, a new leader of the NFF seems better.
Unless the new NFF leader has correctly identified the problem with the previous administration, it will all be just theater and we will continue the cycle of piss poor results.

They will result to cheap slogans and rhetoric without actually doing anything, and may even take us even further backwards. This IMO is more likely than any improvement.

I have no faith in any of these guys. Hope I am proven wrong.
Well, we cannot assume the incoming NFF President has no idea of what to do, or will do worse than Pinnick did in the position. Let's wait and see how it goes before castigating him.

My concern about the new NFF's electoral victory is - according to rumors - he 'probably bought' his victory. If so, the best candidate who would have done better, might have been denied the chances to lead us to the promised land in football
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Heard on Arise news sports segment delegates where paid over $10k each to vote for a candidate.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Chief Bambostic
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Bambostic »

Cellular wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:54 pm
Chief Bambostic wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:58 pm Just a quick note: Alhaji Ibrahim Musa Gusau who is now NFF President is not to be confused with the immediate former AFN President, who is Engr. Ibrahim Shehu Gusau - in short, if you see any article online relating to Athletics like the first one above, then it will definitely be referring to a different Ibrahim Gusau...

What are the odds that 2 different politicians, both from Zamfara and both with exactly the same first and last names, would separately rise to lead Nigerian Athletics (2017-2021) and then Nigerian Football (2022-2026)? You really couldn't write this script - this will easily be a source of confusion in both Athletics & Football circles from time to time, lol...

I do wonder if the two men are related in any way - does anyone know? Mind you, the immediate past AFN tenure which ended last year was not pretty and was characterized by a battle for control of the sport between the AFN President and his AFN Board which, supported by the Sports Ministry, suspended him amidst several allegations, only for him to counter-suspend them, which led to 2 different AFN Boards running separate Competitions and Congresses for most of his 4-year tenure - sounds familiar?

In short, Athletics has suffered serious leadership turmoil in the last few years, not dissimilar to the challenges facing Nigerian Football & Basketball. As football fans we've all really got to hope that the new NFF President will do a heck of a lot better than his namesake did in the AFN, or else Nigerian Football is really screwed! I just checked, and apparently till today the former AFN President is still claiming he should still be in charge even though the AFN and World Athletics have moved on from him since last year!

https://guardian.ng/sport/afn-president ... g-135-000/
https://guardian.ng/sport/its-a-big-sin ... -says-afn/
https://www.completesports.com/gusau-fa ... or-to-aiu/
https://punchng.com/afn-parallel-electi ... m-website/
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2 ... president/

Chief Bambostic,

Good to see you back on these pages.

Congratulations on the success of Making of Champions. Man, you have gone above and beyond the passion you have for athletics.

Good stuff man.

Keep it up!
Hi Cellular, thanks! Over the years I've always dipped in and out but the time to actively contribute hasn't always been there - it's incredible that we've both been on here for nearly 20 years now right, since 2003!

Thanks for the comments on MoC! It's almost been a decade but in many ways we're still just getting started! It's interesting because my passion for Nigerian Sports started with Football like most of us but I just saw a gap that needed to be filled (and still needs to be) with regards to Nigerian Athletics!

Will always be a Super Eagles fan first and foremost but they (we as a nation) need to get our act together because it seems like our Football has been going nowhere for a long time - last great moment was Afcon 2013 but much too fleeting!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Still early doors but looks like the NFF are being proactive with this seasons Federations Cup to avoid what occurred with the last edition that didn't conclude.