Onome Ebi: Veteran African history maker, 39, joins Spain's top flight

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Onome Ebi: Veteran African history maker, 39, joins Spain's top flight

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Veteran Nigeria defender Onome Ebi has joined newly-promoted Spanish women's top-flight side Levante Las Planas ten months before the next Women's World Cup.

The 39-year-old, who started her career in 2001 in Nigeria, penned a one-year deal as she tries to stay in shape ahead of the 2023 finals.

The seven-time Women's Africa Cup of Nations (Wafcon) participant is aiming to become the first African to play in six World Cups.

Next year's finals, where Ebi is set to captain the Super Falcons, will take place in Australia and New Zealand.

At the 2019 Women's World Cup in France, Ebi became the first African player, man or woman, to appear at five World Cups.

After debuting at the 2003 tournament in the United States aged 20, she has become a mainstay of the Nigerian defence through the 2007, 2011, 2015 and 2019 events.

Part of Nigeria's beaten semi-finalists at this year's Wafcon in Morocco, Ebi is a four-time winner of the continental competition.

Her move to Spain means the much-travelled and vastly-experienced centre back joins her tenth

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fledy
Egg
Egg
Re: Onome Ebi: Veteran African history maker, 39, joins Spain's top flight

Post by fledy »

Congratulations young lady!
What an impressive career
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Correct athlete. I have always liked her game. Plays like how a defender should play. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

i mean do they now allow depends
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."