Okoye is better than Uzoho

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Okoye is better than Uzoho

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:40 pm
maceo4 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:30 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:57 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:07 am
maceo4 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:48 am
Enugu II wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:03 am
Odas wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:38 am To me, based on their performance so far, they are both bad and so, are the same.

Having said the above, exactly what happened to Uzoho? The young man was showing a lot prospect at the beginning of his playing for the Super-eagles. But now, I believe I can man the goalposts better than he does. Again, what happened to him?
:clap: :clap:

I am shocked at some statements made about two individuals as per who is better than the other. We have seen both with the national team and none of them is up to snuff at the moment. They are both bad. Uzoho conceded a goal from distance but so did Maduka at the AFCON. Then Maduka conceded a godawful goal in this last friendlies. We have seen Uzoho concede a terrible one against Ghana recently. They are both BAD.
Prof, haba, Oyinbo cannot be bad now…only naija made..
That’s the subtle, projected racist undertone against our own countryman that I was talking about.
What has his racial makeup got to do with his evaluation?
You shouldn’t be perpetuating such an obnoxious viewpoint.
No excuse.
Why are you getting worked up over this
When you love oyinbo you go fighting for it at every chance hehe
SMH.
You're descending.
No be you and Emir carry my name enter your oyinbo matter? Wetin consign me?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:53 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:38 pm
Odas wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:38 am To me, based on their performance so far, they are both bad and so, are the same.

Having said the above, exactly what happened to Uzoho? The young man was showing a lot prospect at the beginning of his playing for the Super-eagles. But now, I believe I can man the goalposts better than he does. Again, what happened to him?

I am shocked at some statements made about two individuals as per who is better than the other. We have seen both with the national team and none of them is up to snuff at the moment. They are both bad. Uzoho conceded a goal from distance but so did Maduka at the AFCON. Then Maduka conceded a godawful goal in this last friendlies. We have seen Uzoho concede a terrible one against Ghana recently. They are both BAD.
That’s the subtle, projected racist undertone against our own countryman that I was talking about.
No excuse.
I get "worked up"(to use your words) anywhere and anytime I see prejudice, even if it were to be against you.
Sometimes people do not realise they are actually perpetuating other people's bigotry.
But I don't expect you of all people to get it....
my goodness, you are too sensitive
You dey mind am, same person accused me of using jazz against Okoye now he can’t take a joke…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:56 pm

No excuse.
I get "worked up"(to use your words) anywhere and anytime I see prejudice, even if it were to be against you.
Sometimes people do not realise they are actually perpetuating other people's bigotry.
You dey mind am, same person accused me of using jazz against Okoye
So you actually thought I was "accusing" you?
:oops: :oops: :oops:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
...now he can’t take a joke
But guy, there's no such thing as a racist joke.
You didn't know?
Dang! :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:24 pm

No excuse.
You didn't know?
Racist? By saying he was developed by oyinbo's. You didn't see gochino's only argument against Uzoho is that he was born in Nigeria rather than obodo oyinbo so he can't trust his age so doesn't think he will improve? Is that also a racist argument? That is what I was joking about...if you don't get it, just move along and stop being so thick and acting holier than thou...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Saying that Uzoho's age may ba false is a racist statemant.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Uzoho in action, Europa league vs Manchester Utd, but on the bench.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:03 pm
No excuse.
You didn't know?
Racist? By saying he was developed by oyinbo's. You didn't see gochino's only argument against Uzoho is that he was born in Nigeria rather than obodo oyinbo so he can't trust his age so doesn't think he will improve? Is that also a racist argument? That is what I was joking about...if you don't get it, just move along and stop being so thick and acting holier than thou...
If you wanna start insults I can play that game too.
You’ve been inching closer to it and I wonder why. Lighthearted banter don turn to borderline insult. For what?
Thought you were above all that.

Na you sabi weytin dey bite you. But when you bring the ‘Oyibo’ factor into the matter, you’re subtly playing the race card, even if you’re too thick to realise it. :idea:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pindal123 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:38 am Saying that Uzoho's age may ba false is a racist statemant.
So if you believe that, then don’t say it and don’t entertain it.
Zero tolerance.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:28 pm
maceo4 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:03 pm

You didn't know?
If you wanna start insults I can play that game too.
You’ve been inching closer to it and I wonder why. Lighthearted banter don turn to borderline insult. For what?
Thought you were above all that.

Na you sabi weytin dey bite you. But when you bring the ‘Oyibo’ factor into the matter, you’re subtly playing the race card, even if you’re too thick to realise it. :idea:
Ok Doc I apologize if I offended you, no vex abeg. But we use oyinbo on this forum all the time nobody accuses anybody of racism. But I just found that gochino argument quite interesting and I just hope you guys don’t share that same sentiment. I mean Uzoho went through our U-17 and went through the wrist scans, so it’s unfair to use his place of birth against him. But there also does seem to be an irrational support of Okoye which I wonder whether it’s simply because he was trained in obodo oyinbo or what. Because if that’s the case then one should wonder why he was under their noses and they never found him good enough even for their various youth teams (U-15+)…I mean he’s been keeping there since the age of 10, plenty of time for their vast scouts to spot his ‘talent’…and please don’t play the racism card to defend Okoye..only fair abi :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:18 pm Ok Doc I apologize if I offended you, no vex abeg. But we use oyinbo on this forum all the time nobody accuses anybody of racism. But I just found that gochino argument quite interesting and I just hope you guys don’t share that same sentiment. I mean Uzoho went through our U-17 and went through the wrist scans, so it’s unfair to use his place of birth against him. But there also does seem to be an irrational support of Okoye which I wonder whether it’s simply because he was trained in obodo oyinbo or what. Because if that’s the case then one should wonder why he was under their noses and they never found him good enough even for their various youth teams (U-15+)…I mean he’s been keeping there since the age of 10, plenty of time for their vast scouts to spot his ‘talent’…and please don’t play the racism card to defend Okoye..only fair abi :taunt:
Maceo4, no wahala.
I have absolutely no empathy with all those that cast aspersions on Uzoho wrt his age. Absolutely none. There were raging arguments when he first burst onto the scene and I gave all those ageologists a really hard time.
You can check the threads. They’re all still there, so I dunno what gochino is talking about tbh.

As for Okoye, I am not ready to throw him under the bus at such a young age -and nether would I throw Uzoho either. I just happen to believe Okoye has the edge over Uzoho. It has nothing to do with where he was born or where his mother is from. They’ve both cost us dearly with their errors. But I do not believe we have better options elsewhere - but that is only until proven otherwise.
All those SE keepers under the Eko bridge should be persuaded to come out of hiding.
Nigeria needs them…
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:52 pm
maceo4 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:18 pm Ok Doc I apologize if I offended you, no vex abeg. But we use oyinbo on this forum all the time nobody accuses anybody of racism. But I just found that gochino argument quite interesting and I just hope you guys don’t share that same sentiment. I mean Uzoho went through our U-17 and went through the wrist scans, so it’s unfair to use his place of birth against him. But there also does seem to be an irrational support of Okoye which I wonder whether it’s simply because he was trained in obodo oyinbo or what. Because if that’s the case then one should wonder why he was under their noses and they never found him good enough even for their various youth teams (U-15+)…I mean he’s been keeping there since the age of 10, plenty of time for their vast scouts to spot his ‘talent’…and please don’t play the racism card to defend Okoye..only fair abi :taunt:
Maceo4, no wahala.
I have absolutely no empathy with all those that cast aspersions on Uzoho wrt his age. Absolutely none. There were raging arguments when he first burst onto the scene and I gave all those ageologists a really hard time.
You can check the threads. They’re all still there, so I dunno what gochino is talking about tbh.

As for Okoye, I am not ready to throw him under the bus at such a young age -and nether would I throw Uzoho either. I just happen to believe Okoye has the edge over Uzoho. It has nothing to do with where he was born or where his mother is from. They’ve both cost us dearly with their errors. But I do not believe we have better options elsewhere - but that is only until proven otherwise.
All those SE keepers under the Eko bridge should be persuaded to come out of hiding.
Nigeria needs them…
Fair enough, me I’m just tired of both, I don’t know anymore who I think is better, they just….*shakes head* I don taya for dem lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!