Okoye is better than Uzoho

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Okoye is better than Uzoho

Post by maceo4 »

gochino wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:50 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:44 pm
gochino wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:55 am
maceo4 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:09 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:38 pm Maceo is a totalist.
He either loves you totally or hates you totally.
So it was my hate that caused Okoye to have a poor showing against CHAN players? If that was our actual CHAN keeper that did that I’m sure you would be waxing about how poor our local league is and their training of GKs, but this is someone who was trained in Germany doing something like that against local CHAN players, but you guys want to make it about me.

All our keepers are proving they suck, they are interchangeable I could care less who starts and wouldn’t need to hate on anybody. But you guys are showing the same bias that’s been making me go harder on Okoye. His mistake was way worse than Uzoho, especially given the level of competition he did it against and how it was self inflicted and amateurish. But you guys are still saying he is better. After Uzohos mistakes you don’t hear me standing on that hill that I think he is better, to me they are proving that they are all about the same level of crap. Both keep crapping each time they play but you guys keep only supporting one and dumping on the other for some odd reason as if they don’t all suck…
Uzoho is a bad keeper, period! From laliga to bench warming in Cyprus . The main issue is actually that he can't play out from the back. Infact he is woeful in that aspect! We can't keep possession each time he is in goal . We are not even sure he is 22, at least we know Okoye is also bad but he is using his real age, so there is room for inprovement.
Hmmm, so thats the main issue, but you know Uzoho's younger brother just played U-17 and looks really young. You are judging him on his looks which is unfair. And please be truthful, both Uzoho and Okoye are "bad keepers", so basically Okoye gets a pass from you because he's oyinbo...well thanks for admitting that.
Nope, he gets a pass because his age can easily be verified. The fact that Uzohoh's brother played U17 does not say anything, you and I know that. Also, I talked about possession, we have better ball possession when Okoye is in goal but I agree both are not top quality.
First of all, do you have a concrete reason (other than being born in Nigeria) why you doubt Uzoho's age? He went to 2018 WC and did pretty well for his age. He then had that bad knee injury in the Brazil friendly (after he was doing very well in that game) and since coming back he hasn't been able to follow the same upward trajectory he was going on before. To me I put it more to that injury as it was really serious more so than "age" as (unlike outfield players) keepers really don't hit their full stride till they are older.

But as far as ball possession and playing out of the back, how can you say that when Okoye just did what he did in the last friendly again local CHAN guys, showing he too can't be trusted with ball possession in his box or playing out from the back in a high intensity game. I know Uzoho had issues with ball distribution, but I do feel he's improved and his kicks are getting over the half-way line and with more accuracy more so than they used to before. He however seems to have regressed in his overall speed off his line and diving ability - which I think his injury has played a big part in. Maybe Okoye will end up having a better career than Uzoho, nobody knows, but I will continue to call it as I see it. If they improve I will reevaluate my opinions same if they regress. I'm not rigid and will not make unfounded claims on Uzoho's age which I can't back up, or use that to guide my judgement of his ability as a GK...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Nigerian football must be so bad that we now debate who's better between two sh#t Gks...
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:00 pm Nigerian football must be so bad that we now debate who's better between two sh#t Gks...
Opinion is free.. Slow toad is apparently slow in comprehending.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:21 pm
gochino wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:50 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:44 pm
gochino wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:55 am
maceo4 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:09 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:38 pm Maceo is a totalist.
He either loves you totally or hates you totally.
So it was my hate that caused Okoye to have a poor showing against CHAN players? If that was our actual CHAN keeper that did that I’m sure you would be waxing about how poor our local league is and their training of GKs, but this is someone who was trained in Germany doing something like that against local CHAN players, but you guys want to make it about me.

All our keepers are proving they suck, they are interchangeable I could care less who starts and wouldn’t need to hate on anybody. But you guys are showing the same bias that’s been making me go harder on Okoye. His mistake was way worse than Uzoho, especially given the level of competition he did it against and how it was self inflicted and amateurish. But you guys are still saying he is better. After Uzohos mistakes you don’t hear me standing on that hill that I think he is better, to me they are proving that they are all about the same level of crap. Both keep crapping each time they play but you guys keep only supporting one and dumping on the other for some odd reason as if they don’t all suck…
Uzoho is a bad keeper, period! From laliga to bench warming in Cyprus . The main issue is actually that he can't play out from the back. Infact he is woeful in that aspect! We can't keep possession each time he is in goal . We are not even sure he is 22, at least we know Okoye is also bad but he is using his real age, so there is room for inprovement.
Hmmm, so thats the main issue, but you know Uzoho's younger brother just played U-17 and looks really young. You are judging him on his looks which is unfair. And please be truthful, both Uzoho and Okoye are "bad keepers", so basically Okoye gets a pass from you because he's oyinbo...well thanks for admitting that.
Nope, he gets a pass because his age can easily be verified. The fact that Uzohoh's brother played U17 does not say anything, you and I know that. Also, I talked about possession, we have better ball possession when Okoye is in goal but I agree both are not top quality.
First of all, do you have a concrete reason (other than being born in Nigeria) why you doubt Uzoho's age? He went to 2018 WC and did pretty well for his age. He then had that bad knee injury in the Brazil friendly (after he was doing very well in that game) and since coming back he hasn't been able to follow the same upward trajectory he was going on before. To me I put it more to that injury as it was really serious more so than "age" as (unlike outfield players) keepers really don't hit their full stride till they are older.

But as far as ball possession and playing out of the back, how can you say that when Okoye just did what he did in the last friendly again local CHAN guys, showing he too can't be trusted with ball possession in his box or playing out from the back in a high intensity game. I know Uzoho had issues with ball distribution, but I do feel he's improved and his kicks are getting over the half-way line and with more accuracy more so than they used to before. He however seems to have regressed in his overall speed off his line and diving ability - which I think his injury has played a big part in. Maybe Okoye will end up having a better career than Uzoho, nobody knows, but I will continue to call it as I see it. If they improve I will reevaluate my opinions same if they regress. I'm not rigid and will not make unfounded claims on Uzoho's age which I can't back up, or use that to guide my judgement of his ability as a GK...
Uzoho has not improved in the aspect of playing out from the back. We all watched the last friendly! The decline of his overall speed and diving ability you talked about is as a result of him sitting on the bench for his club in Cyprus! He is match rusty! Very bad for a keeper. The question is why should we be so sentimental and keep inviting him ?There are other young goal keepers that are dreaming of this opportunity. It has already cost us the world cup and might even cost us more in the longrun.
Okoye tried playing out from the back and was cought up in the process, at least, he attempted it in a meaningless friendly match. The same thing Mendy tried to do for Chelsea and was punished. Playing out from the back and using your feet as a keeper is key in modern football.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

To me, based on their performance so far, they are both bad and so, are the same.

Having said the above, exactly what happened to Uzoho? The young man was showing a lot prospect at the beginning of his playing for the Super-eagles. But now, I believe I can man the goalposts better than he does. Again, what happened to him?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:38 am To me, based on their performance so far, they are both bad and so, are the same.

Having said the above, exactly what happened to Uzoho? The young man was showing a lot prospect at the beginning of his playing for the Super-eagles. But now, I believe I can man the goalposts better than he does. Again, what happened to him?
:clap: :clap:

I am shocked at some statements made about two individuals as per who is better than the other. We have seen both with the national team and none of them is up to snuff at the moment. They are both bad. Uzoho conceded a goal from distance but so did Maduka at the AFCON. Then Maduka conceded a godawful goal in this last friendlies. We have seen Uzoho concede a terrible one against Ghana recently. They are both BAD.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:03 am
Odas wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:38 am To me, based on their performance so far, they are both bad and so, are the same.

I am shocked at some statements made about two individuals as per who is better than the other. We have seen both with the national team and none of them is up to snuff at the moment. They are both bad. Uzoho conceded a goal from distance but so did Maduka at the AFCON. Then Maduka conceded a godawful goal in this last friendlies. We have seen Uzoho concede a terrible one against Ghana recently. They are both BAD.
Prof, haba, Oyinbo cannot be bad now…only naija made..
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Remember he had a bad knee injury in the Brazil friendly that kept him out for like a year plus…he’s not been the same since…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

This is like arguing that a used condom is less useless than piss. What a daft trend and Suprise Suprise the OP is the one and only Ibadan dunce who is also a resident chimpanzee at the Portland zoo. :glare: :glare:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

odas nah fabu you just dey blow. you no sabi keep nada. if you see shot nah dodge you go dodge am. go keep in front on 60k naija fans and then come tell us say you sabi..kai see mouth
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:49 am

Remember he had a bad knee injury in the Brazil friendly that kept him out for like a year plus…he’s not been the same since
Thx a lot Maceo4 for refreshing my memory. Now that you mentioned it, I remember the injury and certainly, Uzoho hasn't been himself thereafter. I think it will be fair to say the injury has derailed his progress, and perhaps his fortune.as a goalkeeper
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:40 am

odas nah fabu you just dey blow. you no sabi keep nada. if you see shot nah dodge you go dodge am. go keep in front on 60k naija fans and then come tell us say you sabi..kai see mouth
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bigpokey24, you are probably correct, especially because that think (goalpost) is too wide. But heck, they are young and agile, so dealing with shots and/or stopping the ball from going into our net shouldn't be a problem for them, else they should let me come and try
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:48 am

That’s the subtle, projected racist undertone against our own countryman that I was talking about.
What has his racial makeup got to do with his evaluation?
You shouldn’t be perpetuating such an obnoxious viewpoint.
No excuse.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:07 am

That’s the subtle, projected racist undertone against our own countryman that I was talking about.
No excuse.
Why are you getting worked up over this
SuperEagles

gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

But we all know they will continue to be invited regardless of form, just like Musa, Abdullahi, Ekong, Balogun and Simon... So we need to choose between Cholera and Pest! So the question is which do you choose?
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Why should we choose only between Uzoho and Okoye? They are both bench warmers in their clubs.
We should try other players, like:

Adebayo Adeleye: 1st GK at Hapoel Jerusalem
Adewale Adeyinka: 1st GK at Kwara United
Kayode Bankole: 1st GK at Remo Stars
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

pindal123 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:51 am Why should we choose only between Uzoho and Okoye? They are both bench warmers in their clubs.
We should try other players, like:

Adebayo Adeleye: 1st GK at Hapoel Jerusalem
Adewale Adeyinka: 1st GK at Kwara United
Kayode Bankole: 1st GK at Remo Stars
Good question! But we know the guys incharge are too sentimental and not that smart! Watch them call Okoye and Uzoho over and over again.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

I blame Rohr and those who encouraged Rohr.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:57 am

No excuse.
When you love oyinbo you go fighting for it at every chance hehe
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

No excuse.
I get "worked up"(to use your words) anywhere and anytime I see prejudice, even if it were to be against you.
Sometimes people do not realise they are actually perpetuating other people's bigotry.
But I don't expect you of all people to get it....
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:30 pm

No excuse.
When you love oyinbo you go fighting for it at every chance hehe
SMH.
You're descending.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:38 pm

No excuse.
I get "worked up"(to use your words) anywhere and anytime I see prejudice, even if it were to be against you.
Sometimes people do not realise they are actually perpetuating other people's bigotry.
But I don't expect you of all people to get it....
my goodness, you are too sensitive
SuperEagles