International Friendly: NIG vs. Costa Rica

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: International Friendly: NIG vs. Costa Rica

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:04 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:58 pm So the friendly against Portugal is canceled or what?
Likely a homebased team will be sent to give Costa Rica a win and confidence before the WC.

Portugal game will be the real SE.
Vancity Eagle,

What made you say so? Any 'first-hand' rumor?
Last edited by Odas on Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Odas wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:37 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:58 pm So the friendly against Portugal is canceled or what?
Likely a homebased team will be sent to give Costa Rica a win and confidence before the WC.

Vancity Eagle,

How made you say so? Any 'first-hand' rumor?
The clubs will still be playing matches.

You think Iwobi, Osimehn and co. Will miss their club matches to fly to Costa Rica to play a friendly ?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:08 am

Vancity Eagle,

How made you say so? Any 'first-hand' rumor?

You think Iwobi, Osimehn and co. Will miss their club matches to fly to Costa Rica to play a friendly ?
So what? You are saying they should turn the all-expenses paid invitation down?
Let the local players go if that’s what has to be done.
Are you not the first to scream that there are no local players good enough for the SE?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:32 pm Please somebody explain why on earth the NFF would arrange a friendly while the leagues are still ongoing ?

Please somebody explain why these crooks could not put their energy into organizing a friendly in EUROPE so out players don't have to travel great distance to play some concacaf minnow.

If we had to play Costa Rica, fine, why not in Europe or ME and why not after the leagues are finished.

It's not like there are not plenty of options for teams to play on this break.

Again if anybody is being honest this is simply another opportunity for these crooks to pimp their clients.

Nothing ever changes, and we wonder why we keep failing.
Do you even bother to consider the facts before you decide to rant and rave? If I’m not mistaken, the World Cup kicks of on November 20. I, for one, can’t imagine that players won’t get at least 2 weeks off to prepare for the event. Our Costa Rica friendly is scheduled for November 10 so, unless you know something I don’t, your objections to the friendly don’t seem reasonable in the least.

Aside from your faulty premise that leagues will still be in session, what exactly is wrong with playing Costa Rica in Costa Rica, especially if they’re going to foot the bill? You would rather arrange an expensive friendly which the NFF can ill afford in Europe? By the way, Costa Rica may be minnows, whatever that means, but they are going to the World Cup which Nigeria isn’t and, to boot, are currently ranked above Nigeria in the FIFA world rankings. This, one would think, presents a great opportunity for Peseiro to test his team against a well prepared World Cup team, even if you arrogantly refer to them as minnows🤔❗️

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

You can do a simple internet check instead of arguing like fools.

The leagues are still in session.

So again what is the point of this match ?

And even if the players were off, you think it's a good idea to fly all the way to Central America to play some minnow and then fly all the way back to play Portugal. How many players do you think would drop out and suddenly claim injury ? Do these guys ever use common sense?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Vancity Eagle,

Thus you are saying thie scheduled date for the 'supposed' friendly match - if true - is not FIFA'S window?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:50 pm You can do a simple internet check instead of arguing like fools.

The leagues are still in session.

So again what is the point of this match ?

And even if the players were off, you think it's a good idea to fly all the way to Central America to play some minnow and then fly all the way back to play Portugal. How many players do you think would drop out and suddenly claim injury ? Do these guys ever use common sense?
...world 2022 bound minnow vs an entity that can't put their house in order to win and qualify for a world event.
Naija people get very big mouth sha :(
Granted the trans-atlantic trip may not be a good idea.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Odas wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:59 pm

Vancity Eagle,

Thus you are saying thie scheduled date for the 'supposed' friendly match - if true - is not FIFA'S window?
Correct.

So again the question is why was this friendly scheduled where the NFF purposely intended to use homebased players.

Please somebody try to tell me this is not hammer time.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

some of you should learn to ignore unintelligent rants
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Like you just did? :mad: :mad: :???: :???: :???: :veryangry: :veryangry:

What a daft advice! :mad: :mad: :???: :???: :veryangry: :veryangry:
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:14 pm some of you should learn to ignore unintelligent rants
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

So, what if Costa Rica is footing the bill? I’m getting sick of playing these matches that we barely have 11 players a few days from the match. How are the players building any serious chemistry? Honestly, I’ll prefer us playing a championship club with our full team.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:18 pm

Vancity Eagle,

Correct.

So again the question is why was this friendly scheduled where the NFF purposely intended to use homebased players.

Not correct. Enough with your invalid contentions. The FIFA calendar is accessible to everyone for viewing. Below are some FIFA friendlies scheduled for the 1st and 2nd weeks of November:

November 6
Saudi Arabia vs Iceland in Abu Dhabi

November 9
Mexico vs Iraq in Gerona
Costa Rica vs Nigeria in San Jose

November 10
Panama vs Saudi Arabia

November 14
Iraq vs Belgium in Basra

So, there you are…❗️

Cheers.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

packerland wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:31 am So, what if Costa Rica is footing the bill? I’m getting sick of playing these matches that we barely have 11 players a few days from the match. How are the players building any serious chemistry? Honestly, I’ll prefer us playing a championship club with our full team.
...has always been the case with Nigeria and preparation for a match, real or friendly.
Players never collectively arrive on time to practice hence the poor cohesiveness on match day on the field.
We find it difficult to beat even minnows in Africa.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:41 am
packerland wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:31 am So, what if Costa Rica is footing the bill? I’m getting sick of playing these matches that we barely have 11 players a few days from the match. How are the players building any serious chemistry? Honestly, I’ll prefer us playing a championship club with our full team.
...has always been the case with Nigeria and preparation for a match, real or friendly.
Players never collectively arrive on time to practice hence the poor cohesiveness on match day on the field.
I don’t think it is nearly as common as you people are making out at all. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The very recent case of the Super Falcons in Japan is probably distorting your perception.
It just doesn’t happen that often.
The occasional late comer or withdrawal due to injury is normal.
But only 13, 14 players in camp before a game?
Mba.
That one na exaggeration. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:15 am
mcal wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:41 am
I don’t think it is nearly as common as you people are making out at all. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The very recent case of the Super Falcons in Japan is probably distorting your perception.
It just doesn’t happen that often.
The occasional late comer or withdrawal due to injury is normal.
But only 13, 14 players in camp before a game?
Mba.
That one na exaggeration. :idea:
Damunk,

I never cease to marvel at this penny-wise, pound-foolish economics that people like packerland come up with all the time. Instead of discussing the real issue of players not showing up on time, they quarrel with the fact that we’ve been able to arrange an invaluable friendly match. Someone even said they’d prefer we play a championship team with our full team. Well, what’s the guarantee that our players will show up for a game against a championship team❓😁❗️

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:04 am

Vancity Eagle,

Correct.

Not correct. Enough with your invalid contentions. The FIFA calendar is accessible to everyone for viewing. Below are some FIFA friendlies scheduled for the 1st and 2nd weeks of November:

November 6

November 9
Mexico vs Iraq in Gerona

November 10
Panama vs Saudi Arabia

November 14
Iraq vs Belgium in Basra

So, there you are…❗️

Cheers.
I hope you are smart enough to realize that teams like Saudi Arabia, Panama, and Costa Rica, Iraq for the vast majority of their players DO NOT PLAY IN EUROPE.

Mexico will also be using homebased for that match you listed, like when we played them last. Their squad is actually quite a lot of homebased so no problem for them.

Surely you cannot have missed that.

The Belgium match is a full FOUR DAYS after our own.

Do the math and stop arguing foolishly.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:28 pm

Vancity Eagle,

Correct.

November 6

November 9
Mexico vs Iraq in Gerona

November 10
Panama vs Saudi Arabia

November 14
Iraq vs Belgium in Basra

So, there you are…❗️

Cheers.
I hope you are smart enough to realize that teams like Saudi Arabia, Panama, and Costa Rica, Iraq for the vast majority of their players DO NOT PLAY IN EUROPE.

Mexico will also be using homebased for that match you listed, like when we played them last. Their squad is actually quite a lot of homebased so no problem for them.

You are insatiably arrogant. Take corrections for once in your life and make yourself a better person. Iceland’s league is in Europe and a number of their players play in high profile clubs across Europe yet they are going to Abu Dhabi on the sixth of November. That makes your entire argument nonsensical… and I already know what you’re silly comeback will be… Iceland is a minnow so it doesn’t matter🤣🤣🤣❗️

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:37 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:28 pm
Vancity Eagle,

Correct.

November 6

November 9
Mexico vs Iraq in Gerona

November 10
Panama vs Saudi Arabia

November 14
Iraq vs Belgium in Basra

So, there you are…❗️

Cheers.

You are insatiably arrogant. Take corrections for once in your life and make yourself a better person. Iceland’s league is in Europe and a number of their players play in high profile clubs across Europe yet they are going to Abu Dhabi on the sixth of November. That makes your entire argument nonsensical… and I already know what you’re silly comeback will be… Iceland is a minnow so it doesn’t matter🤣🤣🤣❗️

Cheers.
Take your own advice and stop acting a fool ?

. The Iceland league ENDED mid September by the way. So they will send a domestic team to play Saudi Arabia.

Instead of continuously making an #$% out of yourself why don't you do a SIMPLE Google check and see that the Euro leagues will be ongoing at the time we play Costa Rica.

You cannot seriously be this dense.