International Friendly: NIG vs. Costa Rica

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Next
Egg
Egg
International Friendly: NIG vs. Costa Rica

Post by Next »

SE will be playing Costa Rica in San Jose November 10th, 2022.

https://twitter.com/thenff?lang=nl

TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: International Friendly: NIG vs. Costa Rica

Post by vancity eagle »

How is that possible when we play Portugal in Europe ?

I dont even think this date is within the fifa window.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

So the friendly against Portugal is canceled or what?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:58 pm So the friendly against Portugal is canceled or what?
Likely a homebased team will be sent to give Costa Rica a win and confidence before the WC.

Portugal game will be the real SE.
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:58 pm So the friendly against Portugal is canceled or what?

17th
thanks
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Although the announced games are separated by a full week, there definitely has to be an issue of intercontinental trips especially after a game in one continent. It is doable but I am uncertain of what the current rule is. As for calendar issues? I do not think that is an issue at all given that leagues and other encumbrances are scheduled to be suspended anyway for national teams top prepare for the World Cup.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...that's a long distant travel, and players might end up with jet-lag, bad connection, no practice before the match.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Seems the new NFF board want to kick off their stint with some intensity, good stuff.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:16 pm How is that possible when we play Portugal in Europe ?

The impossible is always possible in naija
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The DNQ world tour is in full gear.
OCCUPY NFF!!
trae_z
Egg
Egg

Post by trae_z »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:16 pm How is that possible when we play Portugal in Europe ?

You're correct.
Internatonal break starts November 13. How wil they raise team to execute this game Nov 10th?
Nov 17th game against portugal looks okay.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:01 pm Although the announced games are separated by a full week, there definitely has to be an issue of intercontinental trips especially after a game in one continent. It is doable but I am uncertain of what the current rule is. As for calendar issues? I do not think that is an issue at all given that leagues and other encumbrances are scheduled to be suspended anyway for national teams top prepare for the World Cup.
There shouldn't be any issues as far as intercontinental trips. The worldcup starts on Nov 20. Many participants will be getting together on the week of the 7th
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Are we trying to see how many matches we could lose in a single year
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

jette1 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:42 pm Are we trying to see how many matches we could lose in a single year
Kai see insult…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:05 pm Seems the new NFF board want to kick off their stint with some intensity, good stuff.
Seems nothing has changed and they are doing the same pointless nonsense.

That's how low we are now, that we have to fly SE all the way to Costa Rica for their World Cup send-off.

This is nothing but another opportunity for the crooks to market their junk like when Mexico raped us 4-0.

They still doing the same nonsense.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

These eediots should be looking for a second opponent for SE to play in Europe or the ME.

Even if they call the main squad (which they wont) but if they did, more than half of them would withdraw.

Imagine the insult of having to fly all the way to Costa Rica to play them in a friendly.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:12 am These eediots should be looking for a second opponent for SE to play in Europe or the ME.

Even if they call the main squad (which they wont) but if they did, more than half of them would withdraw.

Imagine the insult of having to fly all the way to Costa Rica to play them in a friendly.
Please explain to us this insult people regurgitate because your interpretation of it might differ from someone else’s so please talk about it here
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Next wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:33 pm SE will be playing Costa Rica in San Jose November 10th, 2022.

THE QUESTION NEEDS TO BE ASKED:

Does Nigeria ever play any friendlies in Nigeria? Why this beggarly approach, even to little Costa Rica? I can't recall the last friendly played in Nigeria and I ask because I believe the hosting country pays the tab.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:55 am
Next wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:33 pm SE will be playing Costa Rica in San Jose November 10th, 2022.

THE QUESTION NEEDS TO BE ASKED:

Does Nigeria ever play any friendlies in Nigeria? Why this beggarly approach, even to little Costa Rica? I can't recall the last friendly played in Nigeria and I ask because I believe the hosting country pays the tab.
Bell
Of course.
Is it news that the NFF cannot afford high brow friendlies on a regular basis?
So is the beef that we are not borrowing money and running into more debt by arrange these friendlies, or that the Nigerian economy is broke and therefore just can’t afford it?
Or is it more the frustration of losing games?
Which one, because everyone knows you need serious money to host.

We should sit the hell down and decline invitations?
I don’t get the logic going on here… :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:46 am
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:12 am These eediots should be looking for a second opponent for SE to play in Europe or the ME.

Please explain to us this insult people regurgitate because your interpretation of it might differ from someone else’s so please talk about it here
Help me ask him and everyone else whining.
We no play, problem.
We play, wahala.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

We play matches - complain

We don’t play matches - complain

I say to NFF, do what you think is right and deal with consequences later because if we listen to fans nothing will get done
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

akamoke wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:39 pm We play matches - complain

We don’t play matches - complain

I say to NFF, do what you think is right and deal with consequences later because if we listen to fans nothing will get done
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Please somebody explain why on earth the NFF would arrange a friendly while the leagues are still ongoing ?

Please somebody explain why these crooks could not put their energy into organizing a friendly in EUROPE so out players don't have to travel great distance to play some concacaf minnow.

If we had to play Costa Rica, fine, why not in Europe or ME and why not after the leagues are finished.

It's not like there are not plenty of options for teams to play on this break.

Again if anybody is being honest this is simply another opportunity for these crooks to pimp their clients.

Nothing ever changes, and we wonder why we keep failing.