TIME TO ASK: Is HE Better than JJ??

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: TIME TO ASK: Is HE Better than JJ??

Post by jette1 »

anointed wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:30 pm
jette1 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:23 pm
anointed wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:55 pm
jette1 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:18 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:38 pm
jette1 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:04 pm I think though Okocha was already in his late late 20s/early 30s when he blossomed
Okocha was only 20 at the 1994 World Cup❗️

Cheers.
yea but he was nobody until he went Bolton and signed by Reebok and he was 28
Apparently, you never watched Football Made in Germany, where he started his Euro career.

Is it even necessary we talk of his 2-time WC appearance, Olympics gold, AFCON title et al, all of which were before Bolton?

You are very funny, bro.
Try reading preceding replies before boring us; anyways answer this question - at what team was his peak ? I hope you know what peak means ( top of pyramid)
M

Maybe you need to repent so you don't tell lies.

This is what you wrote:
You said he was nobody until he went to Bolton. That's what I responded to.

Do you care to revise your falsehood, having now drunk your peak milk?
What does that really mean May be what I mean isn’t as serious as what you are taking it to me. Ok now you can tell me where he hit his peak
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

JJ was so good the Brazilian coach Mario Zagalo asked for his shirt and declared him as having Brazilian like creativity. He was so good Ronaldinho copied his signature move.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

kali wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:37 pm JJ was so good the Brazilian coach Mario Zagalo asked for his shirt and declared him as having Brazilian like creativity. He was so good Ronaldinho copied his signature move.
JJ was all that, no doubt. But this is not about ball magician. This is about textbook midfield domination offensively and defensively.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Are we comparing Iwobi’s quarter of a season to JJ’s 15 years here?
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

The worst of JJ is better than the best of Iwobi! What an insult :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

jette1 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:04 pm I think though Okocha was already in his late late 20s/early 30s when he blossomed

Cheers.
Apparently, you never watched Football Made in Germany, where he started his Euro career.

Is it even necessary we talk of his 2-time WC appearance, Olympics gold, AFCON title et al, all of which were before Bolton?

You are very funny, bro.
Try reading preceding replies before boring us; anyways answer this question - at what team was his peak ? I hope you know what peak means ( top of pyramid)
At PSG! He came to Bolton to retire and was collecting pension at Hull.

JJ announced his arrival at Eintracht Frankfurt, showcased himself as a world class player at Fenebarche and retired at Bolton :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:08 am

Cheers.

You are very funny, bro.

JJ announced his arrival at Eintracht Frankfurt, showcased himself as a world class player at Fenebarche and retired at Bolton :taunt:
Terrifying that there are Nigerians that think Bolton (!!!!!) was the pinnacle of JJ’s career. Dude was already in decline.

At PSG and in the early stages of his Turkish career, JJ was off on another planet. Big Sam, as he always did, gave him a nice swan song. Many EPL fans only discovered him then, but I didn’t know it was the same for many Nigerians too.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

waka-man wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:07 pm

Cheers.

You are very funny, bro.

Terrifying that there are Nigerians that think Bolton (!!!!!) was the pinnacle of JJ’s career. Dude was already in decline.

At PSG and in the early stages of his Turkish career, JJ was off on another planet. Big Sam, as he always did, gave him a nice swan song. Many EPL fans only discovered him then, but I didn’t know it was the same for many Nigerians too.
When did jette1 become many Nigerians❓🤷🏾‍♀️❗️

Cheers.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:07 pm
waka-man wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:07 pm

Cheers.

You are very funny, bro.

When did jette1 become many Nigerians❓🤷🏾‍♀️❗️

Cheers.
I was trying to avoid a fight by calling out an individual. But you ask a fair question
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.