CAF confederation cup draws: Rivers and Plateau United

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
CAF confederation cup draws: Rivers and Plateau United

Post by Purity »

:boo:
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAF confederation cup draws: Rivers and Plateau United

Post by Purity »

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

As e dey pain dem ....
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I believe PUnited are the better team and will advance. How the heck did Rivers win the NPFL? hmmmm
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:38 pm As e dey pain dem ....
1naija aka mammy water FC, I am going to send you a picture on WhatsApp of my new home office setup on how i will watch Rivers disgrace our country again. check you phone . In fact i will broadcast it
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

^^^

Do I know you? Everybody in my WhatsApp contact has a gaddem JOB! I don't know any JBless bad belle person.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:23 pm ^^^

Do I know you? Everybody in my WhatsApp contact has a gaddem JOB! I don't know any JBless bad belle person.
what has badbelle got to do with this? Did Mammy water Fc lose 6-0 ? why did mammy water Fc sign a ghana man as their goalie. why not Noble? this is just like Benin Republic trying to change their football name from squirrels to cheetah , thinking this will make them win the worldcup
SuperEagles

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

These draws get as dem be oooo!1 How come Nigerian clubs get the poor luck of meeting the top draws like finalists ort champion in the previous round band suddenly they now play two Libyan clubs? Na real waa. Why we no for get these LIbyan clubs for previous round? Dis draw get as im be.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:35 pm These draws get as dem be oooo!1 How come Nigerian clubs get the poor luck of meeting the top draws like finalists ort champion in the previous round band suddenly they now play two Libyan clubs? Na real waa. Why we no for get these LIbyan clubs for previous round? Dis draw get as im be.
That's more so a result of their CAF rankings as neither club have much of a reputation at the continental level, though at the same time it doesn't make sense why there are so few spots in the group stages in the first place, IMO clubs of the caliber of Wydad, Al Ahly, Sundowns, etc shouldn't having to take part in qualifiers makes little sense anyway. A club like Pyramids FC is a champions League level club but can't compete there due to Ahly and Zamalek.

In the end there's no excuses for our reps at this stage.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:40 pm
Enugu II wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:35 pm These draws get as dem be oooo!1 How come Nigerian clubs get the poor luck of meeting the top draws like finalists ort champion in the previous round band suddenly they now play two Libyan clubs? Na real waa. Why we no for get these LIbyan clubs for previous round? Dis draw get as im be.
That's more so a result of their CAF rankings as neither club have much of a reputation at the continental level, though at the same time it doesn't make sense why there are so few spots in the group stages in the first place, IMO clubs of the caliber of Wydad, Al Ahly, Sundowns, etc shouldn't having to take part in qualifiers makes little sense anyway. A club like Pyramids FC is a champions League level club but can't compete there due to Ahly and Zamalek.

Sunset

The challenge is balancing the need for diverse representation as well as performance strength. Those are key considerations and I have no problem with those goals if a continent-wide interest is to be maintained.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:09 am
Sunset wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:40 pm

Sunset

The challenge is balancing the need for diverse representation as well as performance strength. Those are key considerations and I have no problem with those goals if a continent-wide interest is to be maintained.
And that diversity is what will make the competitions that much more valuable IMO in terms of continental reach. Because right now the levels are quite skewed due to the current format of things that stops the likes of Pyramids and even Berkane in Morocco from competing because they're only allowed two CL slots. Changing that and expanding the group stage would probably create a far more formidable Champions League as well as bring a new lease of life to the Confederations cup where clubs from the less fancied nations would get some vital experience at that level.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

How Rivers United won the league..
watch Npfl people at end

quote=Bigpokey24 post_id=5811573 time=1666094332 user_id=141]
1naija wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:38 pm As e dey pain dem ....
1naija aka mammy water FC, I am going to send you a picture on WhatsApp of my new home office setup on how i will watch Rivers disgrace our country again. check you phone . In fact i will broadcast it
[/quote]