Okocha insists Ghana will struggle

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Okocha insists Ghana will struggle

Post by Rawlings »

2022 World Cup: Ex-Nigeria superstar Jay-Jay Okocha insists Ghana will struggle

Ex-Nigeria superstar Jay-Jay Okocha has insisted that the five African representatives at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar will struggle at the tournament.

The former Super Eagles skipper says he is not confident about Africa's chances ahead of the Mundial which kicks off in a month.

Senegal, Morocco, Tunisia, Cameroon and Ghana hold Africa's ticket at this year's global showpiece in Qatar as they aim at breaking the quarter-finals hoodoo.

Africa's best achievement at the World Cup has been at the quarter-finals which only three countries Cameroon, Senegal and Ghana chalking the feat in 1990, 2002 and 2010 respectively.

The continent aims at breaking the jinx at next month's World Cup by reaching the semi-finals but Nigeria's great Okocha thinks otherwise.

"It is the first time I'm not confident about Africa's chances in the World Cup," Jay Jay Okocha said as quoted by Cartonsport.com

"If you look at Asia and North America, they seem stronger and more advanced than us. We were already 50 paces behind South America and Europe, and now North America and Asia seem to be ahead of us.

"We have hopes in Senegal and Morocco, they seem the strongest. Tunisia, Ghana and Cameroon seem to be a stepping stone for other teams to reach the knockout stages.

Okocha made an appearance at the World Cup three times with Nigeria in the 1994, 1998 and 2002 editions.

Ghana, who make a return to the tournament after missing out on the 2018 edition in Russia take on Portugal in their opening game in Group H on November 24.

The Black Stars will then play South Korea and Uruguay on November 28 and December 2 respectively in the other group games

https://ghanasoccernet.com/2022-world-c ... um=twitter
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Okocha is Lost

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Abeg change that title with alacrity. :curse:
OCCUPY NFF!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Rawlings wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:08 pm 2022 World Cup: Ex-Nigeria superstar Jay-Jay Okocha insists Ghana will struggle

Ex-Nigeria superstar Jay-Jay Okocha has insisted that the five African representatives at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar will struggle at the tournament.

The former Super Eagles skipper says he is not confident about Africa's chances ahead of the Mundial which kicks off in a month.

Senegal, Morocco, Tunisia, Cameroon and Ghana hold Africa's ticket at this year's global showpiece in Qatar as they aim at breaking the quarter-finals hoodoo.

Africa's best achievement at the World Cup has been at the quarter-finals which only three countries Cameroon, Senegal and Ghana chalking the feat in 1990, 2002 and 2010 respectively.

The continent aims at breaking the jinx at next month's World Cup by reaching the semi-finals but Nigeria's great Okocha thinks otherwise.

"It is the first time I'm not confident about Africa's chances in the World Cup," Jay Jay Okocha said as quoted by Cartonsport.com

"If you look at Asia and North America, they seem stronger and more advanced than us. We were already 50 paces behind South America and Europe, and now North America and Asia seem to be ahead of us.

"We have hopes in Senegal and Morocco, they seem the strongest. Tunisia, Ghana and Cameroon seem to be a stepping stone for other teams to reach the knockout stages.

Okocha made an appearance at the World Cup three times with Nigeria in the 1994, 1998 and 2002 editions.

Ghana, who make a return to the tournament after missing out on the 2018 edition in Russia take on Portugal in their opening game in Group H on November 24.

The Black Stars will then play South Korea and Uruguay on November 28 and December 2 respectively in the other group games

The Ghana I watched against Nigeria and Brazil will disgrace africa at the World cup.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

He’s entitled to his opinion which I agree with…It’s up to African teams to prove him wrong…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

He ain't wrong. Senegal is the best of the bunch but they are too defensive for my liking. Morocco got good players but they are inconsistent. The Morocco that played against the U.S will get molly whopped at the WC.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

He said she said
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

packerland wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:31 pm He ain't wrong. Senegal is the best of the bunch but they are too defensive for my liking. Morocco got good players but they are inconsistent. The Morocco that played against the U.S will get molly whopped at the WC.
In 2006, it was Ghana, Angola, Ivory Coast, Togo, Tunisia.
Having lost out to Angola, Nigerians came out with this same nonsense. Ghana made it to the round of 16.
I remember this same doomsday analysis & prophesies when Ghana almost got to the Semifinals in 2010

Africa will no longer be disgraced like we were in Russia (when Naija was there)
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Rawlings wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:59 am
packerland wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:31 pm He ain't wrong. Senegal is the best of the bunch but they are too defensive for my liking. Morocco got good players but they are inconsistent. The Morocco that played against the U.S will get molly whopped at the WC.
Having lost out to Angola, Nigerians came out with this same nonsense. Ghana made it to the round of 16.
I remember this same doomsday analysis & prophesies when Ghana almost got to the Semifinals in 2010

Africa will no longer be disgraced like we were in Russia (when Naija was there)
What are you talking about, can you compare that Ghana team to your current one? There’s no comparison. I hope you won’t disappear again after the 3rd game…prove us wrong and we will support you well well…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:09 am

What are you talking about, can you compare that Ghana team to your current one? There’s no comparison. I hope you won’t disappear again after the 3rd game…prove us wrong and we will support you well well…
YES.
We have a better team today. The proof will be in the pudding (Qatar)
Just sit and wait for the biggest shock in world football
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Rawlings wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:05 am

YES.
You too talk sha. Dang, I don't know how old you're but you sound so childish
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

highbury wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:15 am

YES.
The world is gone to the dogs
Naija man complaining that somebody "too dey talk". :ohmy:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Rawlings wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:18 pm

YES.
Did someone make you change the heading?
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Okocha insists Ghana will struggle

Post by Tobi17 »

This Ghanaian team is easily the worst I've seen of them, the fact that we failed to qualify ahead of them shows the embarrassing state of our football
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

jette1 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:43 pm
Did someone make you change the heading?
The "Gestapo" changed it
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:22 pm This Ghanaian team is easily the worst I've seen of them, the fact that we failed to qualify ahead of them shows the embarrassing state of our football
It will not be the first time I hear this from a "bad belle" Nigerianese
I remember our first world cup in 2006
Prior to the WC, the Naija doomsday prophets all came out in full force, predicting a doomsday scenario:
"Ghana is going to disgrace Africa"
" Ghana go chop 6-0"
"Ghana does not have the quality"

we made it out of the group.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

If Ghana manage to score more than 1 goal they’ve done well but I think it’s 3 games and out for them,Nigeria just didn’t do enough to out score a team that knew that not losing would get them to the World Cup and they drew 2 games and got their wish.Good luck to Ghana anyway.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Rawlings wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:18 pm

YES.
Stop it bro! If this Ghana team gets 2 draws and 1 loss (2pts), I’ll say they’ve done well. Ghana players are going to Qatar for shopping.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Rawlings wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:08 pm 2022 World Cup: Ex-Nigeria superstar Jay-Jay Okocha insists Ghana will struggle

Ghana will not struggle.

They just have to pray that Partey is healthy.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

gochino wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:45 pm

The Ghana I watched against Nigeria and Brazil will disgrace africa at the World cup.
I don't know why you guys are saying these things. I am even more disappointed Jay-Jay said such a thing if really he made tge statements attributed to him.

In this thing, any thing can happen in any game. All it takes is an ERROR by a team's player and it's over for the team
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:55 pm He’s entitled to his opinion which I agree with…It’s up to African teams to prove him wrong…
Maceo4,

While I agree with you J-J is entitled to his opinion, I also think J-J should have provided suggestions for the teams if he knows of any weakness they need to address before the World cup tournament commences
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:27 am
gochino wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:45 pm

I don't know why you guys are saying these things. I am even more disappointed Jay-Jay said such a thing if really he made tge statements attributed to him.

In this thing, any thing can happen in any game. All it takes is an ERROR by a team's player and it's over for the team
SIGNED.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics