Nigeria 1-1 USA (Nigeria win 4-3 penalties) @U17 Women’s WC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria 1-1 USA (Nigeria win 4-3 penalties) @U17 Women’s WC

Post by 1naija »

They are replaying it on FS2 now
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

That first penalty for Nigerian was a bit harsh on the US sha.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

:taunt:
1naija wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:30 am That first penalty for Nigerian was a bit harsh on the US sha.
Uncle,

That was not a penalty. In fact the Nigerian Keeper was off her line in the second penalty, so was the US keeper. But that’s ok cos for once we are on the other side of injustice. The girls need to improve in their next game.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

packerland wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:03 am :taunt:
1naija wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:30 am That first penalty for Nigerian was a bit harsh on the US sha.
Uncle,

That was not a penalty. In fact the Nigerian Keeper was off her line in the second penalty, so was the US keeper. But that’s ok cos for once we are on the other side of injustice. The girls need to improve in their next game.
So does that mean the officials were not the bias bunch you always accused of
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

The penalty was a penalty, by any measure. Not really sure why there’s a debate.
Foot is on the line and gets taken away. Stone cold.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

packerland wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:03 am:taunt:
1naija wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:30 amThat first penalty for Nigerian was a bit harsh on the US sha.
Uncle,

So, despite all the preceding explanations, some of you still do not understand basic penalty rules?
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Uncle,

Are you aware that the VAR is consulted after every kick, when a safe is made?
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Uncle, what are the basic penalty rules? For me, it's not about whether it was a penalty or not, but where the foul occurred. It looks to me it occurred outside the 18. But like Scarface told Sosa about Omar, "That's history. I here, he's not". We are in the Semis and they are not.
Gotti wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:14 am
1naija wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:30 amThat first penalty for Nigerian was a bit harsh on the US sha.
Uncle,

So, despite all the preceding explanations, some of you still do not understand basic penalty rules?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Uncle,

Gotti,

I know the rules. It was an infringement for sure. But 8/10 referees would have called it outside. It was a soft penalty/foul but I ain’t complaining. If the referee didn’t call that foul none of us will be complaining this morning.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Thunder wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:17 am
Uncle,

Are you aware that the VAR is consulted after every kick, when a safe is made?
How many times have VAR screwed us? In fact VAR is often used to screw lesser teams. Nigeria should have had 2 penalties gain at Argentina at the WC.
I’m just saying let’s give some props to that referee even though she was doing her job. Let’s be honest, had we lost that game the way USA lost, many here will be screaming racism and bashing female referees.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Let me check when this post was made...... Friday evening???
Guys, pls forgive and ignore our uncle. The post was influenced by uncontrollable forces.
1naija wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:20 am Uncle, what are the basic penalty rules? For me, it's not about whether it was a penalty or not, but where the foul occurred. It looks to me it occurred outside the 18. But like Scarface told Sosa about Omar, "That's history. I here, he's not". We are in the Semis and they are not.
Uncle,

*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Just finished watching the Vicky Lopez(Spanish Nigerian) show against Japan. What a player! Earlier, it was Columbia’s Linda Calcedo show against Tanzania. We’ve got to keep her quiet.
These two girls are generational players!! Maximum respects for them two.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

packerland wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:57 pm
Uncle,

Gotti,

I know the rules. It was an infringement for sure. But 8/10 referees would have called it outside. It was a soft penalty/foul but I ain’t complaining. If the referee didn’t call that foul none of us will be complaining this morning.
8 out 10 referees might not have even made the call initially… but that’s why we have VAR. Soft as the foul might have seemed, the infraction did occur right on the 18-yard line which, according to the rules, is part of the penalty box. Once VAR stepped in, the ref had no choice but to follow the rule❗️

Cheers.
cybersoccerfan
Egg
Egg

Post by cybersoccerfan »

Thunder wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:38 pm Just finished watching the Vicky Lopez(Spanish Nigerian) show against Japan. What a player! Earlier, it was Columbia’s Linda Calcedo show against Tanzania. We’ve got to keep her quiet.
Just made the move to Real Madrid:
https://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2023 ... id-signing

So both now with top Spanish teams.

Hopefully, someday Nigerian players will have better platforms - in terms of organization of the league/national team - to be able to make such moves.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

cybersoccerfan wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:19 pm
Thunder wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:38 pm Just finished watching the Vicky Lopez(Spanish Nigerian) show against Japan. What a player! Earlier, it was Columbia’s Linda Calcedo show against Tanzania. We’ve got to keep her quiet.
Just made the move to Real Madrid:
https://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2023 ... id-signing

So both now with top Spanish teams.

Hopefully, someday Nigerian players will have better platforms - in terms of organization of the league/national team - to be able to make such moves.
seriously ?; there out to be suspension for posting non nigerian related posts here
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."