25 players called up for Costa Rica friendly

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 25 players called up for Costa Rica friendly

Post by vancity eagle »

delisyomie don wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:45 pm what kind of contract did NFF sign with presero,he suppose to be in charge of this team facing costa Rica.
Yusuf will be in charge of this match.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:52 am

https://www.transfermarkt.us/nigeria-pr ... ewerb/NPFL

How the NPFL players performed last season:

Kayode Bankole (Remo Stars) Goalkeeper - 31 Apps (All starts) with 16 clean sheets [debut season]

Isaiah Ejeh (Kwara United) Centre Back - 23 Apps (All starts)

Evans Ogbonda (Akwa United) Left Back - 14 Apps (All starts)

Mustapha Jibril (Abia Warriors) Winger/AM - 20 Apps (7 starts) with 0 goals & 0 Assists

Alex Jerry (Kano Pillars) Wide Forward - 5 Apps (4 starts) with 2 goals & 0 Assists [debut season]

Samuel Kalu (Enyimba) Winger - 28 Apps (23 starts) with 1 goal and 0 Assist

Paul Samson (Abia Warriors) Winger - 34 Apps (33 starts) with 7 goals & 5 Assists.
He'd go on to join Kwara United this season for their Continental run where he made 4 (3 starts) Apps with 1 goal and 0 Assist

Sunday Faleye (Shooting Stars) Wide Forward - 9 Apps (8 starts) with 1 goal & 0 Assist [couldn't return to Europe due to administrative issues so he spent 2022 in the league where he flattered to deceive]

Edidiong Ezekiel (Remo Stars) Centre Forward - 23 Apps (All starts) with 9 goals & 3 Assists
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:16 pm Although it is labeled CHAN Eagles, I think not. We are already out of CHAN. This is more likely the core of the Olympic team mixed with several foreign based lads.
Be honest bro, who do you think should be handling this friendly?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

packerland wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:14 pm
Enugu II wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:16 pm Although it is labeled CHAN Eagles, I think not. We are already out of CHAN. This is more likely the core of the Olympic team mixed with several foreign based lads.
Why is that even an issue? This is a friendly for the Olympic team and the team has Manager. Is that not correct? I am not sure what the issue is.

Would you rather have the u23 coach? Well in this case that coach is also assigned to the Olympic team. Would you have the DE coach? First the SE team cannot play because it is not in the window for international friendlies and secondly the Olympic team has a competitive game imminent.

Not sure what is amiss. All I see is that this is logically a game to be managed by the Olympic manager.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:21 am
Why is that even an issue? This is a friendly for the Olympic team and the team has Manager. Is that not correct? I am not sure what the issue is.

Would you rather have the u23 coach? Well in this case that coach is also assigned to the Olympic team. Would you have the DE coach? First the SE team cannot play because it is not in the window for international friendlies and secondly the Olympic team has a competitive game imminent.

Not sure what is amiss. All I see is that this is logically a game to be managed by the Olympic manager.
I’m not advocating for the SE players to play in this match. But let me make sure we are on the same page. Are we playing Costa Rica’s NT? Don’t we have local players that are above 23 that can potentially step in of our foreign players are unavailable or if some players are doing shakara. I don’t know why we are playing Peseiro. Don’t you think the NT coach should oversee such a matche? Is he supposed to accept any players than Salisu throws at him?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

packerland wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:55 am
Enugu II wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:21 am

I’m not advocating for the SE players to play in this match. But let me make sure we are on the same page. Are we playing Costa Rica’s NT? Don’t we have local players that are above 23 that can potentially step in of our foreign players are unavailable or if some players are doing shakara. I don’t know why we are playing Peseiro. Don’t you think the NT coach should oversee such a matche? Is he supposed to accept any players than Salisu throws at him?
Packerland,

We have been down this road before and you know how it ended. Mexico invited Nigeria to play an international friendly in a non-FIFA window. Nigeria ended up using home-based players who had not trained together. They proceeded late under the Coach Eguavoen and then Coach Gernot Rohr and suffered a humiliating defeat in the USA. I hope you remember.

If you do, that is precisely the scenario that is occurring here. Make no mistake about it. The question is: Do you want to repeat the mistake made by Nigeria at that time? That is the question..... This is a match supposedly against Costa Rica's full squad (same scenario as that Mexico game, if you recall) and outside the FIFA window.

So what is Nigeria trying to do this time? Simple: Avoid making the same errors... use a team that has trained together!! The hope? (1) avoid cobbling locally-based players late. (2) Instead, use the U-23 team that is currently in camp and are by and large fully aged pro players (Those are NPFL lads in the main with some FB players). U-23 is currently in camp having played Tanzania, if you recall. (3) Nigeria is not going to change to a new manager (Peseiro) but will play this game with the U23 Manager who is Salisu.

This, in theory, is a better plan than repeating the mistake that led to the Mexico humiliation.,
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics