Victor Osimhen has got to be one of the BEST strikers on the planet! - Gab Marcotti

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Victor Osimhen has got to be one of the BEST strikers on the planet! - Gab Marcotti

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: Victor Osimhen has got to be one of the BEST strikers on the planet! - Gab Marcotti

Post by Synopsis »

He’s on his way to being world class. Keep working hard.
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: Victor Osimhen has got to be one of the BEST strikers on the planet! - Gab Marcotti

Post by waka-man »

At this very moment, he’s certainly up there. And unlike many of the others, he has so many things he could get better at.

Arguably ahead of Mane and Mo Salah as best out and out striker in Africa (they have much better all round games and are arguably not out and out strikers) and the best in Italy.

He’s only gonna get better.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

He is already "world class", unless you mean he is not in the right team yet. If he was in a team like like Manchester city 2 years ago when they had talent at every position he would score 30 goals easily and you would call him world class. Mo Salah was world class at Liverpool last couple of years when Mane was there creating chances and providing assists. Would you consider him world class this season? Likewise Mane himself. Osimhen is a world class talent, period. He has produced everywhere he has been!

Synopsis wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:16 am He’s on his way to being world class. Keep working hard.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Osimhen is something else. The fact that defenders are scared of him says a lot. I ponder if Napoli can keep him after this season . The guy bullies and harasses the crap out of defenders. He runs 90 mins . I have never seen such a very hungry striker. What a player . He will also break the Nigeria record . Let us see if CAF will do another wuru wuru and not nominate him for APOY next year
SuperEagles

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

How does this narrative get manufactured? Salah was world class because of Mane? Are you guys drunk? Mane is not nearly as good as Salah, quite frankly❗️

Cheers.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

From today's tuttomercatoweb
Naples, Osimhen masterpiece: knock down Mourinho's wall and sign the eleventh victory in a row
24.10.2022 07:00 by Antonio Gaito
Photo
© photo by www.imagephotoagency.it
Cyclone Osimhen hits the championship. after two clips with Ajax and Bologna - both with goals. After the exploits of Raspadori and Simeone someone tried to question their ownership, or at least to hypothesize a more gradual return, but not Luciano Spalletti who waited for him as he does with the champions and ls - he launched the owner at the Olimpico and reaped the rewards. A masterpiece is the insertion and protection of the ball on a colossus like Smalling and then starting a right-hand masterpiece that allowed Napoli to find the eleventh victory in a row this season (as only in 86 in Italian history) and to exit from the grip of Mourinho which also lasted from 180 'last season.

Third consecutive goal
And already the fifth in the season overall, despite four games missed in the league and two in the Champions League due to a muscle injury against Liverpool, one of the games that ended without scoring but after forty minutes driving the English rearguard crazy. Then a month after the goals against Ajax and Bologna, also the latter from three points, before the return from the start at the Olimpico to lay out Roma and sign Napoli's message to the championship.

Immediately the next in the crosshairs
"These are three important points against a tough opponent, but Napoli proved to be a difficult opponent for anyone to beat - the words of the Nigerian forward in the immediate post-match - Where can this Napoli go? I don't want to think about it, let's think from game to game and we'll see where we can get ", the mentality of a hungry striker like few others, capable of not breaking down after a mistake a few minutes earlier on one of the very few opportunities granted by Rome.
I am happy
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Lay off the Kai-kai so you can understand what is written. I said Osimhen is already world class considering the quality of the players around him compared to other so called world class players. The Salah and Mane example was to show how each player put in "world class" performances game in game out when they were playing together compared to now that they are no longer playing together. If you think they have been performing the same this season as they did last season when they playing together, then I underestimated the strength of the unadulterated kai-kai you have been drinking.

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:14 am How does this narrative get manufactured? Salah was world class because of Mane? Are you guys drunk? Mane is not nearly as good as Salah, quite frankly❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

1naija wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:42 pm Lay off the Kai-kai so you can understand what is written. I said Osimhen is already world class considering the quality of the players around him compared to other so called world class players. The Salah and Mane example was to show how each player put in "world class" performances game in game out when they were playing together compared to now that they are no longer playing together. If you think they have been performing the same this season as they did last season when they playing together, then I underestimated the strength of the unadulterated kai-kai you have been drinking.

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:14 am How does this narrative get manufactured? Salah was world class because of Mane? Are you guys drunk? Mane is not nearly as good as Salah, quite frankly❗️

Cheers.
What else is new? You talk nonsense and when you’re found out, you always come back to say, ‘oh, that’s not what I meant’. Well, why don’t you start out by saying exactly what you really mean? You be real suegbe. It would be too easy to blame your cluelessness on akpeteshi because I know you can’t handle it❗️

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:27 am Osimhen is something else. The fact that defenders are scared of him says a lot. I ponder if Napoli can keep him after this season . The guy bullies and harasses the crap out of defenders. He runs 90 mins . I have never seen such a very hungry striker. What a player . He will also break the Nigeria record . Let us see if CAF will do another wuru wuru and not nominate him for APOY next year
CAF hasn’t done him any wrong. Goal output matters when it comes to winning the award. Osimhen will win the award once he stays healthy. If he stays healthy he will score 25+ goals in Seria A alone.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

packerland wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:32 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:27 am Osimhen is something else. The fact that defenders are scared of him says a lot. I ponder if Napoli can keep him after this season . The guy bullies and harasses the crap out of defenders. He runs 90 mins . I have never seen such a very hungry striker. What a player . He will also break the Nigeria record . Let us see if CAF will do another wuru wuru and not nominate him for APOY next year
CAF hasn’t done him any wrong. Goal output matters when it comes to winning the award. Osimhen will win the award once he stays healthy. If he stays healthy he will score 25+ goals in Seria A alone.
It’s hard getting that amount of goals if you consistently miss the easy ones but score the much fewer harder ones. He currently has 5 goals in 9 games which is about 1 every 2 games so would need 50+ Serie A games to get to that amount and we know he’s gonna miss quite a few with injuries…I was hoping for 20 overall this season esp as I was expecting him to be the PK taker but doesn’t seem like that would be the case so hopefully he gets 15+ goals this season at least.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:05 pm
It’s hard getting that amount of goals if you consistently miss the easy ones but score the much fewer harder ones. He currently has 5 goals in 9 games which is about 1 every 2 games so would need 50+ Serie A games to get to that amount and we know he’s gonna miss quite a few with injuries…I was hoping for 20 overall this season esp as I was expecting him to be the PK taker but doesn’t seem like that would be the case so hopefully he gets 15+ goals this season at least.
Yep, he has to start scoring braces and hatricks. He is still young,
but hopefully he can get to the Lewandoski-Halland level.

Napoli has a lot of mouth to feed but I like that his current teammates is less selfish now that Insigne and Mertens gone. That Mexican, Chucky Lozano, is a bit selfish. He takes too many outside shots.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Again, lay off the kai-kai. Again, what part of this statement is unclear? The point, which flew over your old head was that a player is more "world class" based on the quality of players around him. Point in case, Salah and Mane, and Mane and Salah! Lay of the kai-kai!
He is already "world class" .... If he was in a team like like Manchester city 2 years ago when they had talent at every position he would score 30 goals easily and you would call him world class. Mo Salah was world class at Liverpool last couple of years when Mane was there creating chances and providing assists. Would you consider him world class this season? Likewise Mane himself.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:50 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:42 pm Lay off the Kai-kai so you can understand what is written. I said Osimhen is already world class considering the quality of the players around him compared to other so called world class players. The Salah and Mane example was to show how each player put in "world class" performances game in game out when they were playing together compared to now that they are no longer playing together. If you think they have been performing the same this season as they did last season when they playing together, then I underestimated the strength of the unadulterated kai-kai you have been drinking.

Cheers.
What else is new? You talk nonsense and when you’re found out, you always come back to say, ‘oh, that’s not what I meant’. Well, why don’t you start out by saying exactly what you really mean? You be real suegbe. It would be too easy to blame your cluelessness on akpeteshi because I know you can’t handle it❗️

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

whatever
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

packerland wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:14 pm
maceo4 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:05 pm
Yep, he has to start scoring braces and hatricks. He is still young,
but hopefully he can get to the Lewandoski-Halland level.

Napoli has a lot of mouth to feed but I like that his current teammates is less selfish now that Insigne and Mertens gone. That Mexican, Chucky Lozano, is a bit selfish. He takes too many outside shots.
Yep those selfish guys are gone thank God, likes of Kvara seem to just play for the team and pick whoever is in a better scoring position. That Kvara is something else too if they can stay healthy and combine well sky is the limit.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

1naija wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:21 am He is already "world class", unless you mean he is not in the right team yet. If he was in a team like like Manchester city 2 years ago when they had talent at every position he would score 30 goals easily and you would call him world class. Mo Salah was world class at Liverpool last couple of years when Mane was there creating chances and providing assists. Would you consider him world class this season? Likewise Mane himself. Osimhen is a world class talent, period. He has produced everywhere he has been!

Synopsis wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:16 am He’s on his way to being world class. Keep working hard.
Which team does he play for? How many goals has he scored this season?
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:59 am
1naija wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:21 am He is already "world class", unless you mean he is not in the right team yet. If he was in a team like like Manchester city 2 years ago when they had talent at every position he would score 30 goals easily and you would call him world class. Mo Salah was world class at Liverpool last couple of years when Mane was there creating chances and providing assists. Would you consider him world class this season? Likewise Mane himself. Osimhen is a world class talent, period. He has produced everywhere he has been!

Milan
5 goals
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

sabb wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:42 am
Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:59 am

Milan
5 goals
Nothing to write home about. I think the late Yekini was more prolific (but more of a finisher than anything else).
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz