Nigeria 0- 0 Columbia (5-6PKs) @ Semi Final U17 Women’s WC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

scholl
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria 0- 0 Columbia (5-6PKs) @ Semi Final U17 Women’s WC

Post by scholl »

Ah ah!! How can Nigeria lose today? Didn’t they pray the last time, before the match and during the match. At the conclusion of the PK’s, did they have their prayer circle, together with the loudest praise and worship?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

scholl wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:07 am Ah ah!! How can Nigeria lose today? Didn’t they pray the last time, before the match and during the match. At the conclusion of the PK’s, did they have their prayer circle, together with the loudest praise and worship?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
davidbam14
Egg
Egg

Post by davidbam14 »

OJI wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:21 pm Issues arising from this women's U17, women's U20, and the SuperFalcons teams.

One Issue
Get the ball, and hoop it forward. Expecting the target striker to pull out some individual, brilliant move. Applies to the men's teams too.

Why is there no ball holding, distributing midfielder coming thru the pipeline?

I believe we have a football philosophical problem that manifests itself when we have tournament activity, and play teams with contrasting philosophies.

Here's my take. The selection, development of midfield players in Naija is currently based on looking for a box-to-box midfielder. Someone with the lungs to cover spaces.

In the 2020 WC, 19 yr old Haruna Lukman was selected for that role. Not for exceptional soccer IQ or distribution but ability to "run back and forth". Keshi struggled to find a midfielder in that mode in his own time despite the one-time heroics of local player Sunday Mba at AFCON 2013. Rohr solved that issue by basically abandoning midfield or whatever his "philosophy" was.

This for a country with at least 10 teams in their premier "league".

Some coaches /philosophies divide the role into strictly two.
One. Attacking midfielders with no defensive responsibilities.
Two. Defensive midfielders with instructions to never cross the midfield. Block/intercept plays, and give it off to attacking players.

E.g. Zidane/Makelele. Zidane/Patrick Viera.

I remember in high school in Naija, the coach wanted us to bring the ball upfront as opposed to the thru pass. And then run back, and be involved in the subsequent plays later! Do we have an off-the-ball philosophy/players? Note in this past AFCON, there was no emphasis on off-the-ball movement. Leading to delay, paralysis from the midfield for quick transitions, etc.

Another issue.
The Senior Men's team struggle with a goalkeeping issue. Cameroon has had a pipeline of world class goalies dating from the '80s.

Not representative, but it highlights the need for serious coaching education at all levels.

I believe the German system requires all their coaches, at all levels, to learn, and operate from the same playbook.

Bottom line, do we have consistent training available to coaches in Naija?

The Nigerian football brand is at a raw material level. Just like some commodities, no further processing before export.
The talent, and skill is there. Added value can only come thru improved coaching. The other administrative component of the game is another topic for another day.

Yes, the lack of resources is an issue but that doesn't explain Cameroonian goalkeeping success.

Somewhat simplified analysis, and summary but a conversation starter.
well said
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Jedi Jedi,

I dont watch female football, so I wasnt able to watch this game. Please can you let me know what happened? :mrgreen:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:16 pm Jedi Jedi,

I dont watch female football, so I wasnt able to watch this game. Please can you let me know what happened? :mrgreen:
Talk to so called sinequanon; He was hailing them as playing real Nigerian football
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

scholl wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:07 am Ah ah!! How can Nigeria lose today? Didn’t they pray the last time, before the match and during the match. At the conclusion of the PK’s, did they have their prayer circle, together with the loudest praise and worship?
Yes they prayed and they lost. Deal with it.

Others that did not pray also lost!

They've not asked you to pray. Live and let live! Let people do what they feel comfortable with for as long as they are not breaking any law.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

wanaj0 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:01 pm
Yes they prayed and they lost. Deal with it.

Others that did not pray also lost!

They've not asked you to pray. Live and let live! Let people do what they feel comfortable with for as long as they are not breaking any law.
Oga no dey play wayo for hia jor! If others prayed and lost nko? Doesn’t it question the uselessness of the shameful display, let alone the efficacy of prayers? Idiotic behaviors are not criminal but they surely are contagious and bad for the overall IQ of the population if we continue to normalize such.