OSIMHEN, IWOBI, BASSEY are the foundation...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OSIMHEN, IWOBI, BASSEY are the foundation...

Post by Enugu II »

packerland wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:53 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:03 pm Have you watched both of them play for the SE? Most are crowning Bassey the greatest to ever play CB, not because they have watched him play, but because Ajax signed him. And it based solely on their nostalgic idea of Ajax during the Finidi and Kanu days. I will bet 1naira that uncle EII has not seen Bassey play this season.
packerland wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:23 pm Bassey is way better than Ajayi. However, one Ajax legend recently blasted him because of his passing and occasion lapses in defense. Bassey is still a stud in the making.
Uncle,

The sample is very small. He has mostly played as a LB for the NT. During the Ghana game he was winded plus his adrenaline was very high with the 60,000 home fans. He probably saw more crows that day than any Rangers vs Celtics derby game.

Ajayi is probably our best defender when it comes to scoring from set pieces but the guy na Calamity Jane. Whenever I see him defending I fear he might score an own goal.
Gove me Bassey anyway.

First I watch all SE games and my evaluation is based on those alone. I had seen enough of those to me my proclamation even before Basse played second for Ajax. This all about SE. I make bold yo say thain the few games that I saw Bassey for SE was enough to make me rank him even a head of Yobo who played a century of games for Nigeria. Above Balogun, above Ekong, and above Omeruo. Make no mistake about that. Ajayi does not even enter that conversation for me. I have seen enough and I did not start watching SE today.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics