Nigeria 3 - Germany 3(3-2PKs) @ U17 Women’s WC 3rd Place

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 3 - Germany 3(3-2PKs) @ U17 Women’s WC 3rd Place

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Thunder wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:22 pm Can anyone please explain why Germany’s second goal wasn’t offsides? The Refs & VAR almost derailed us. But we move!!!
It is comical how the offsides rule is selectively interpreted. The girl who scored the goal was initially offsides… she scored without a Nigerian player ever touching the ball. I can only fathom that the ref was following instructions to keep the game close❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Odas wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:31 pm In all, I thank God we won. At least we got a medal out of the tournament
Go and thank God in secret! Why behave like the Pharisees :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
2think
Egg
Egg

Post by 2think »

Congrats to the team
May the Lord God Bless U real Good
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Congrats to our girls! Very happy to see them achieve something in this tournament. Faith Omilana and Opayemi Ajakaye stand out as future Super Falcons; and there are a handful of other promising talents in this team as well.

Well done!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:32 pm
Thunder wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:22 pm Can anyone please explain why Germany’s second goal wasn’t offsides? The Refs & VAR almost derailed us. But we move!!!
It is comical how the offsides rule is selectively interpreted. The girl who scored the goal was initially offsides… she scored without a Nigerian player touching the ball. I can only fathom that the ref was following instructions to keep the game close❗️

Cheers.
Yeah! Perhaps instructions from the 'powers that be' to ensure Germany wins
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:33 pm
Odas wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:31 pm In all, I thank God we won. At least we got a medal out of the tournament
Go and thank God in secret! Why behave like the Pharisees :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I already did. I only typed it here for you to know, or did you see me kneeling down with HANDS raised to the SKY and EYES close? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

It’s onside. During the initial passage of play , the ball came in the scorer was off but not interfering with play. When the passer got the ball, the previous passage of play was over and she passed to the scorer who was ON at this point.

Good goal.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Before I forget, Wanaj0, where is the lunch you've been owing me for years? I haven't forgotten, bro.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria 3 - Germany 1 @ U17 Women’s WC 3rd Place

Post by mcal »

Gotti wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:19 pm
bret- hart wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:17 pm Faith is Falcons material. If she had kept vs Colombia in pk shootout we would be in the finals.
In fact, I am beginning to wonder why she kept getting subbed-off for PKs… :D
...probably good during training
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

It is comical how the offsides rule is selectively interpreted. The girl who scored the goal was initially offsides… she scored without a Nigerian player ever touching the ball. I can only fathom that the ref was following instructions to keep the game close❗️

Cheers.
Germany’s first goal was just like in the first meeting, which was referee assisted thru a rigged corner kick.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Odas wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:40 pm
Before I forget, Wanaj0, where is the lunch you've been owing me for years? I haven't forgotten, bro.
Owing you? when and how?

Oya come let us wash the golden bronze :thumbs:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
iworo
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria 3 - Germany 1 @ U17 Women’s WC 3rd Place

Post by iworo »

Odas wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:22 pm
Gotti wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:19 pm
bret- hart wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:17 pm Faith is Falcons material. If she had kept vs Colombia in pk shootout we would be in the finals.
In fact, I am beginning to wonder why she kept getting subbed-off for PKs… 8-)
Okaaaay! So if she is better than the reserve keeper, why was she usually subbed during impending penalty shoot-out?
Very good question my brother.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Gotti wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:24 pm
The refs did their bit to help the Germans…
Awarding them dodgy free-kicks and even one fathom corner-kick.
I noticed that too….It was so obvious.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Cheers.
The offside rule is pretty clear. The player was not offside when the ball was passed to her. Not sure what we are complaining about. It is a new phase once another player touches it. Doesn’t have to be a member of the opposing team.

Good call by the ref.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

waka-man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:56 pm

Cheers.
The offside rule is pretty clear. The player was not offside when the ball was passed to her. Not sure what we are complaining about. It is a new phase once another player touches it. Doesn’t have to be a member of the opposing team.

Good call by the ref.
It’s called the Algerian offside rule
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

So they decided make each 3 continent take something go home

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cito wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:38 pmIt’s onside. During the initial passage of play , the ball came in the scorer was off but not interfering with play. When the passer got the ball, the previous passage of play was over and she passed to the scorer who was ON at this point.

Good goal.
waka-man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:56 pmThe offside rule is pretty clear. The player was not offside when the ball was passed to her. Not sure what we are complaining about. It is a new phase once another player touches it. Doesn’t have to be a member of the opposing team.

Good call by the ref.
It was actually NOT called by the ref, but rather by VAR…

Nonetheless (while I personally think, and agree, that ultimately it was the right call to make), if it was so obvious then the assistant ref would not have raised her flag, and neither would the ref have initially disallowed the goal. Ultimately, it was a JUDGMENT call on whether the scorer was “interfering” with play while in an offside position (in FRONT OF THE OPPOSITION’S GOAL) and/or whether it was actually a “new” phase of play when the ball came to her (barely ONE PASS later).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Gotti wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:40 pm
Cito wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:38 pmIt’s onside. During the initial passage of play , the ball came in the scorer was off but not interfering with play. When the passer got the ball, the previous passage of play was over and she passed to the scorer who was ON at this point.

Good goal.
waka-man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:56 pmThe offside rule is pretty clear. The player was not offside when the ball was passed to her. Not sure what we are complaining about. It is a new phase once another player touches it. Doesn’t have to be a member of the opposing team.

Good call by the ref.
It was actually NOT called by the ref, but rather by VAR…

Nonetheless (while I personally think, and agree, that ultimately it was the right call to make), if it was so obvious then the assistant ref would not have raised her flag, and neither would the ref have initially disallowed the goal. Ultimately, it was a JUDGMENT call on whether the scorer was “interfering” with play while in an offside position (in FRONT OF THE OPPOSITION’S GOAL) and/or whether it was actually a “new” phase of play when the ball came to her (barely ONE PASS later).
Sounds like on the substantive point (that it was not offside), we agree.

The rest na grammar :D :D :D
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

waka-man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:56 pm

Cheers.

Good call by the ref.
Yes, the offside rule is clear but you are misinterpreting it, just as the officials selectively misinterpret it. Whenever a player comes back from an offside position to receive a pass, the player is deemed offsides unless a defender touches the ball. How was that particular play different? You are ever so willing to accept anything that’s dished out to you. The on-field officials knew, without any doubts, that she was offside at the time the play occurred. Notice that the ref didn’t even go to the monitor for a second look after she made a decisive call. That’s pretty strange. The bottom line is she was instructed to allow the goal, period❗️

Cheers.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

I don’t care what crooked logic that got put in place that goal couldn’t possibly be a legal play. The German player was offside when ball got played and remained offside when ball got passed to her. Barring the rules; Logically, how does simply passing the ball to her make her onside while she was still in the same offside spot ? Effed up rule. Glad Ajekaye finally got her open play goal. It was criminal haven her start in the bench against Colombia. And can’t believe that #11 has been on the bench all this while, goes to show the defaults in this coaching crew.
Last edited by jette1 on Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Congratulations 🎉🎉👏👏 to our girls. The sky remains your limit.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 3 - Germany 3(3-2PKs) @ U17 Women’s WC 3rd Pla

Post by Gotti »

waka-man wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:26 pmSounds like on the substantive point (that it was not offside), we agree.
Actually, having since re-watched the game, I DO NOT AGREE with you (or the refs)…
It was a judgment call alright, but it was BAD judgment. The ball bouncing off a team-mate does not cure the scorer’s offsides.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Post-match enjoyment...

theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!