TMW interview with Jose Peseiro

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
TMW interview with Jose Peseiro

Post by Dammy »

TUTTOmercatoWEB.com: news of football and transfer market
MENU NEWS

TMW EXCLUSIVE - Nigeria coach: "Napoli prepare for tough offers for Osimhen to refuse"
10.11.2022 08:00 by Marco Conterio
Photo
© photo by Daniele Buffa / Image Sport
Victor Osimhen top scorer, then the Atalantine marvels of Ademola Lookman and more. It is written Italy, it is read Nigeria. Because the African one is one of the most populous football communities in our Serie A, certainly among the owners. Ola Aina at Turin, Cyriel Dessers and David Okereke at Cremonese, Tyronne Ebuehi at Empoli, Kingsley Ehizibue and Isaac Success at Udinese plus another 'hope' for Nigeria, in addition to Lookman. Caleb Okoli. "For us it is very important that so many Nigerian boys play in Serie A". To say this, exclusively with Tuttomercatoweb.com, in a long interview, is the Portuguese coach José Peseiro. Who was called by the Super Eagles after failing to qualify for the World Cup in Qatar 2022. "These guys, in Italy as in the major leagues in Europe, can grow and improve a lot in their knowledge of football. Everyone knows the history of Italian futbol, ​​they belong to time to the best philosophies in the world and for this I believe they can play and improve on a tactical level, especially in the defensive phase. For Nigerian players it is important to do it in Italy: it is a nation where the tactical aspect is very important ".
The goalkeeper is missing but it is in fact a level formation
"They are all players on the list, by the way: we have to watch every game in every league but it is clear that my staff and I often watch Serie A".

Read on after the ad

And enjoy the show put on by Victor Osimhen
"He scores a lot and he is young. It is certainly not easy, usually a center forward finds this level later on. But he always scores goals, at this moment I don't think I'm wrong if I say that every team in the world he wants to buy it. He knows how to press, he knows how to score, he knows how to use his body: he would know how to play in all teams ".
Meanwhile, he leads Napoli towards the Scudetto dream
"Napoli are playing very well, they are first, the benefits are for both. For him, for the coach, for his teammates. Keeping a player like this for Napoli will not be easy given the value and the requests he will have. Complete center-forward: he assists, scores from the right, left, is strong in the defensive phase, knows how to press and is not easy to defend for a central defense. In June, in the summer, I believe that Napoli will ask for several million for him ... And I think there will be many clubs to offer them: he is young and still has great growth potential. "
The impression is that he has not yet shown the best
"For this I say that he will be a purchase for the present and for the future".

Read on after the ad

Atalanta, among the queens of scouting, has seen well with Ademola Lookman
"Lookman previously played in England Under 21. I think he did well in England and Germany but I think that now, at Atalanta, he has reached the his best level. He will have to do it again but he is doing great things: he scores, he has quality, he has talent, he plays with his teammates. He needs to improve but it also applies to Lookman: he is young and will grow again. Atalanta has placed him in the ideal environment. " .
In November, after a few months, he already seems at home
"It's not easy to adapt immediately, he started with difficulty but then he adapted immediately. And look, in Italy it is not easy: now there are spaces, attacks, there is a lot even in the offensive phase, but it is always a very tactical game.

Is it true that you will try to convince Caleb Okoli, Atalanta defender and Under 21 national team, to wear the Nigeria shirt?
"Yes, we will try. After this friendly match against Portugal, there will be time to talk to him and to understand his decision. Whether he wants to play with us or not. I will talk to him through Lookman: I will present my model to him. , what do I think of him, the project we can have together with Nigeria ".
The one of the many 'Italians'
"Ola Aina is one of our starters, an important player. Ebuehi will come with us, Dessers also scored in the last friendly match. Then there are also Okereke, Success and more: we are really happy with all the guys and we believe in it a lot.

Why is Nigeria, which you took after elimination, not in Qatar?
"At the moment Ghana are an excellent national team but I think Nigeria, in my opinion, are better. And they showed it in both play-off games to qualify for the World Cup. But the result is the result: you can create more. , you can play better, but in the end it depends on whether you score or not and they scored an extra away goal ... And this rule, which no longer exists in Europe, in Africa yes. Nigeria played better than Ghana there, at home not at a great level but in the end it went like this ".
What to expect now from her Nigeria?
"When I signed with the Nigerian Federation, I was clear that I was in charge of the football movement. My goal is to win the next African Cup: I believe that Nigeria belongs to the best national teams in Africa, with many quality players playing among Italy, England, France, Germany, are young and can all grow. Winning and then improving: this is our goal, in the coming years, we want to reach the level of the best national teams. I strongly believe, and I'm not crazy, to be here to win the next Africa Cup ".

What World Cup do you expect for Africans?
"At the moment 95% of African players play in big leagues. There can be surprises, from Senegal to Cameroon, from Tunisia to Morocco: they are important nationals, with important champions, who play in the best teams in the world. Connecting everyone is not It's easy for a coach, it's clear: having all the players in a league is one thing, for an African national team it's always about mixing and putting together many styles of play that the boys are used to ".
Meanwhile, a friendly match against 'his' Portugal awaits you
"Playing against my nation, the best in the world, which can win the World Cup, is extraordinary. But it is also a great opportunity: when you want to create a national team with great goals, you have to do it against great opponents. For now we have played against Mexico. and Ecuador in the United States and then against Algeria. The path must be this: if you just want to win, it's better to play against Nationals without this quality. But if I want to improve the national team, I also have to go through defeats that prepare us for a future better. What motivation do you give to the players against the small national teams? Only points for the UEFA Ranking. But beating Portugal, competing head to head, then it's a different kind of path. "

He worked with Mourinho, of whom he is an excellent friend
"I was with Mourinho and I studied him ... Or he studied me! We are friends, very good friends. And he has shown that he puts on great performances. Over the years he has shown his enthusiasm , motivations. He opened many doors everywhere for us Portuguese coaches. He showed everyone that in Portugal there are great coaches and we all have to thank Mourinho. First he won without money, at Porto, then he became a fighter. In England he is managed to take the Premier League a step forward, he always created something, enthusiasm, attention, results, victories ".
A Special One
"He has long been the star of communication in football. What Mourinho said in interviews or at the conference ... Everyone knew. He is this personality. He wins, he loses, but he has not lost this energy. And it was important for we Portuguese, in England, everywhere. Then at Real Madrid and we defeated the great Barcelona of Pep Guardiola and it wasn't easy. He was the one who beat him, who defeated him. And then at Inter it was wonderful: he made the greatest work of the club's recent history. He left at Manchester United and won a trophy, the Europa League, in a club that hadn't been winning for a long time. He did well but many didn't understand it. And now in Rome I think he feels all the enthusiasm of the city. I talk to him every now and then, he is happy,he wants to improve the team and win but he is very happy. "

The World Cup is approaching: Cristiano Ronaldo is a puzzle in Manchester. Will it be a problem for Portugal?
"Ronaldo will never be a problem for the national team. Never. Never. He brought us to the top. Not only him, of course, but he's not a problem. He's a solution. He did everything for the national team, he fought for us. and he scored, scored, scored and scored again ... In the last twenty years he has shown that Portugal is among the best in the world. Right now everyone respects us, our strength, our quality and everyone thinks that, with Ronaldo, you can always win something ".

© All rights reserved
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: TMW interview with Jose Peseiro

Post by Tobi17 »

Major highlights for me from the article, Peseiro wants,

Lookman to convince Caleb Okoli of Atalanta to consider playing for Nigeria as he (Peseiro) has watched Caleb play and rates him highly.

Peseiro has plans to invite invite Okereke, Isaac Success (this one go sweet Bushboy), and Ebuehi ahead of the Portugal friendly match among other new players he has scouted.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:09 pm Major highlights for me from the article, Peseiro wants,

Lookman to convince Caleb Okoli of Atalanta to consider playing for Nigeria as he (Peseiro) has watched Caleb play and rates him highly.

Peseiro has plans to invite invite Okereke, Isaac Success (this one go sweet Bushboy), and Ebuehi ahead of the Portugal friendly match among other new players he has scouted.

You're misreading.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mystic wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:26 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:09 pm Major highlights for me from the article, Peseiro wants,

You're misreading.
Bro, the standard of education dropped outrageously since we left school. Very sad to see a by-product.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:43 pm

You're misreading.
Bro, the standard of education dropped outrageously since we left school. Very sad to see a by-product.
You went to school? :sneaky: :shock:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

You're misreading.
Peseiro hinted that he will invite the aforementioned players, I watched his interview on https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a ... en-1754703
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

For Nigerian players it is important to do it in Italy: it is a nation where the tactical aspect is very important ".

There you go. Its comforting to know that he knows this...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

txj wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:59 pm
For Nigerian players it is important to do it in Italy: it is a nation where the tactical aspect is very important ".

There you go. Its comforting to know that he knows this...
Who the Interviewer? :lol:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

when you want to create a national team with great goals, you have to do it against great opponents. For now we have played against Mexico. and Ecuador in the United States and then against Algeria. The path must be this: if you just want to win, it's better to play against Nationals without this quality. But if I want to improve the national team, I also have to go through defeats that prepare us for a future better. What motivation do you give to the players against the small national teams? Only points for the UEFA Ranking. But beating Portugal, competing head to head, then it's a different kind of path.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Good to know Ebuehi will be getting called up.