Nigeria vs Portugal(0-4) 2 wins in 10, chei !!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kbt
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Portugal(0-4)

Post by kbt »

metalalloy wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:53 pm
kbt wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:51 pm I don't understand teams who argue about who takes a penalty. That shows lack of planning and the blame lies solely with the coach. There has to be a penalty taking pecking order for every team that everyone knows and understands. This should be drilled to the players on the training ground. Any decent coach numbers the penalty takers in order and the most ranked player on the pitch takes it. It's not rocket science.
There appeared to be one, It makes no difference when a player insists on ignoring the ordained pk taker.
If that was the case, it's still on the coach for not insisting that that order remains and if Dennis was breaking that, he should have subbed him off before the kick was taken (just to prove a point that indiscipline will not be tolerated). I don't have an issue with him missing. Any player can miss a penalty even the best takers, but what transpired before the kick should never happen if you have a coach worth his salt. I'm just surprised how many times I see it on a football pitch.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Portugal(0-3)

Post by Gotti »

Cellular wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:55 pmLots of positives...

We had just begun to play well before the dude missed a PK and the momentum swung.

I liked the back 4... they can gel better.
I liked Iwobi
I like Onyeka
Liked what I saw of Chukwueze
Even the cameo from Onachu...
Not with Ekong in it…
A trier, but we desperately need a change.
Last edited by Gotti on Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Portugal(0-4) 2 wins in 10, chei !!!!

Post by Odas »

In all, it seems those who think our DNQ for Qatar is a good thing are correct in the position they took
Last edited by Odas on Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

airwolex wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:57 pm I had no problems with Dennis taking the pk. He missed? So what? The overall team performance is what worried me. We need to do better
This is one of the problems with Naijaria.

The coach, Onachu and the captain were trying to take the ball from him but he refused and insisted on taking it.

You played team sports, you captained a team... na like dat pesin dey carry behave?

Even if he had scored that PK it would still have been a problem.

Una too dey like support nonsense.

Insubordination for anything including sports is BAD!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Bassey should stick to CB. He doesn’t have the lungs and speed to be a LB.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:57 pm
maceo4 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:52 pm
txj wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:47 pm We have to keep working. That is just the reality for us
As opposed to??? :rotf:
As opposed to ‘marketing’ :lol: :lol: :lol:
:bump: :bump:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:00 pm In all, it seems those who think our DNQ for Qatar is a good think are correct in the position they took
it is a blessing . The fact we kept **** for so long, the team is completely rubbish.. We must do away with that useless style of play **** punished us with 6 plus years or park the bus football will be so hard to get rid off in 6 months..I feel sorry for pasero, bobo go suffer and may end up losing his job.. thanks to the useless ****

**** built nothing , just left the SE the way they are.. very similar to how Sir Alex left United ...kai we are in serious trouble ooooo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:01 pm
airwolex wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:57 pm I had no problems with Dennis taking the pk. He missed? So what? The overall team performance is what worried me. We need to do better

The coach, Onachu and the captain were trying to take the ball from him but he refused and insisted on taking it.

You played team sports, you captained a team... na like dat pesin dey carry behave?

I think everybody can agree that it was bad behavior from Dennis and most have said he shouldn't be called back again...but the overall team performance was ALSO bad....2 things can be true, but the Dennis one is easier to fix by just not inviting him back....how do we fix the rest of the team? :???:
Last edited by maceo4 on Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Cellular wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:01 pm

Coach wey dem never pay? Bros leave story. Dennis is not our problem. If you put him in a structured environment he will conform.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

airwolex wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:57 pm I had no problems with Dennis taking the pk. He missed? So what?The overall team performance is what worried me. We need to do better
World of difference between missing a PK and ‘fighting’ to take a PK and then missing it - and thereafter proceeding to stink up the joint. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

olu wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:52 pm I didn't watch the first half, but the second half performance was decent. I think we need to be patient and not panic. Let's not forget that on paper very few teams can match Portugal.

I still think we are showing signs of improvements. Other than the 4-0 scoreline the other losses haven't been bad. I still believe this team will get it right when it matters, that's in the ANC and the world cup qualifiers.
Improvement compared to what? How can you say this is an improvement? Is it because it's an oyibo coach?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:00 pm

We had just begun to play well before the dude missed a PK and the momentum swung.

I liked Iwobi
I like Onyeka
Not with Ekong in it…
Gotti, you not gonna challenge the clear lie by including a Basketballers name in his list? What exactly did he do right? He was very useless in his cameo...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Gotti wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:06 pm
airwolex wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:57 pm I had no problems with Dennis taking the pk. He missed? So what?The overall team performance is what worried me. We need to do better
World of difference between missing a PK and ‘fighting’ to take a PK and then missing it - and thereafter proceeding to stink up the joint. SMH
This can only happen when there is no structure or leadership. That is the bigger issue.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Cellular wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:55 pm
packerland wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:48 pm
anointed wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:44 pm
ikemba wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:36 pm
anointed wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:34 pm We"ve lost our shape
For where?
How can you loose something you never had?
They were actually knocking the ball well, better than in the first half until Dennis came and tore the team apart
Please stop it! Take no positive from this watch. Some American coaches after a heavy defeat like this, will gather the team and take the game ball and bury it on the ground.
Lots of positives...

I liked Iwobi
I like Onyeka
Thought I was the only one who saw we were on the up.

Just imagine if we were 2-1 down, the closing minutes would have been edgy and kinda nail-biting but I can imagine the players still getting pissed at Dennis and voila 2 tap-ins happened in the process.

Happens all the time. One annoying situation, a bad refree's call etc and a team just loses composure.
Last edited by anointed on Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Synopsis wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:02 pm Bassey should stick to CB. He doesn’t have the lungs and speed to be a LB.
He’s playing LB at Ajax these days (with Blind moved into LCB) and he regularly played LB at Rangers…
Lungs and speed are hardly Bassey’s issues, I just suspect that coming off injury he was less than up for it today.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:58 pm
txj wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:54 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:46 pm
Cellular wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:40 pm
metalalloy wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:38 pm Dennis really has no business being on this team.
He doesn't.

See how one act of petulance just changed the momentum and destabilized a team that was ascending.

And the dude did the same nonchalant attitude during WCQ.

He is best left to concentrate on his club career.
The top coaches say "football is about details... small details!" Just look at that! The funny thing is that majority of Nigerians and out management wouldnt even recognize this. They will gloss over it and nothing will change. Kaii! How did I get born into this country to share fortune with these people???!! :oops: :oops:

Missing the PK for me was of zero importance, given the overall performance of the team.
We were ascending before the missed PK...

And if you don't see how one indisciplined action can affect a whole team then I can't help you out.

Ascending where? Ojuelegba bridge?

You cannot be serious!

Did you see the coach on the sidelines throughout the game?

Whatever he might have told them, in the game itself, we lacked zero coherence in terms of our play design.

Especially on the defensive rotations.

And the work rate, my goodness! That was just abysmal.

Look at Ndidi? Gave absolutely nothing to his manager...

This was one one the most poorly executed 4-3-3 I ever saw...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gotti wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:10 pm
Synopsis wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:02 pm Bassey should stick to CB. He doesn’t have the lungs and speed to be a LB.
He’s playing LB at Ajax these days (with Blind moved into LCB) and he regularly played LB at Rangers…
Lungs and speed are hardly Bassey’s issues, I just suspect that coming off injury he was less than up for it today.

Its the other way round. Bassey is the LCB
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:07 pm

I liked Iwobi
I like Onyeka
Not with Ekong in it…
Gotti, you not gonna challenge the clear lie by including a Basketballers name in his list? What exactly did he do right? He was very useless in his cameo...
LOL! Basketballer did well o tonight… :lol:
Held up the ball, spread passes well, but slipped on one chance - much better than Moffi today.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

We actually don't have bad individual players. The problem is there is no direction and leadership from the top. Hence why players are fighting to play pks. Until we get leadership right from the top thatbis committed to SE being the best they can be, we are toast. Dennis is just a scapegoat. I don't even like the guy but he has guts and fight.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:49 pm This wasn’t going to be your World Cup people: the game is a friendly and it did what it is supposed to do. They weren’t that bad. Don’t forget It’s a team under construction

June 5th, 1998
Amsterdam Arena
Five days to the World Cup.
Netherlands 5 Nigeria 1

What happened next, as in one week later? :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

txj wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:14 pmIts the other way round. Bassey is the LCB
It’s NOT…

After Ajax’s poor UCL campaign, Bassey and Blind have switched roles…
Bassey is CURRENTLY playing at LB, while Blind has been moved in to LCB.
Last edited by Gotti on Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:07 pm

I liked Iwobi
I like Onyeka
Not with Ekong in it…
:rotf: :rotf:

I thought he was better at showing up for the ball holding up and passing to the other forwards to his side. A lot better than Moffi, although they could have switched up tactics when Onuachu came on.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: