NFF's PRESIDENT GUSAU Speaks on Foreign-based talent.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
NFF's PRESIDENT GUSAU Speaks on Foreign-based talent.....

Post by Enugu II »

Gusau eyes reduction in foreign-born Super Eagles stars
Tope Adefala Follow on Twitter23 hours ago0 1 1 minute read
https://sportsration.com/gusau-eyes-red ... les-stars/

Nigeria Football Federation President, Ibrahim Gusau, has hinted at a move that will see him reduce the number of foreign-born players in the Super Eagles.

The newly elected Nigerian chief in an interview with Tribune said there is a need for this move in other to instill the African mentality in the Super Eagles.

Gusau argues that the current Super Eagles have ‘Oyinbo Mentality’ and since most of the national team games are played in Africa it is right to use players based in Nigeria.

“We so much rely on the foreign players. We have to because you and I know that our league is not where it ought to be. So, we cannot rely on players that one is not sure of and one can only be sure of players you see performing in his club week in and week out.

“I have been trying to see how they (coaches) can get some players from the domestic league but there are arguments they put on the table that one cannot dispute.

“They say if they invite a home-based player for an international match and he does well, a few months later he would become a foreign player. Then start searching for another one to fit in, who will also travel abroad after two or three matches.

“As for me, what to do is try and see how we can reduce the higher number of the Nigerian born in diaspora players in the team. I am not saying they’re not Nigerians nor saying they’re not good enough but their mentality is not good for African football.

“And most of the matches we played are in Africa. At the global level, we only go for tournaments or friendly matches. But all our qualifiers are played within Africa.

“Most of these teams out of 54 countries in Africa, almost 46 countries use the bulk of African players. So many of them use players that are used to African football with the right mentality of African football.

“So, if we bring in players born abroad without an African mentality, there will be problems. But we don’t have a problem with players who are born here and are playing in Europe because they started here,” he concluded.
Olajire clear the air on reported Gusau foreign-born Eagles reduction plans
https://sportsration.com/olajire-clear- ... ion-plans/
Tope Adefala Follow on Twitter5 hours ago0 1 1 minute read

The Nigeria Football Federation says the new Board led by Alhaji Ibrahim Musa Gusau will not discriminate against selection into any of Nigeria’s National Teams of Nigerian players born in any part of the world.

NFF’s Director of Media and Communications, Ademola Olajire, said on Wednesday: “This clarification becomes necessary in view of an incorrect report that has been given wings by sections of the media, insinuating that the NFF President spoke of an impending wall against foreign-born or foreign-based players as far as selection of players into the National Teams is concerned.

“The NFF President spoke about something different from the message that is being conveyed. There is no way an administration that has promised inclusiveness and pledged to stick by merit and quality will go the route of discrimination.”

Olajire assured that selectors of National Teams would be given the free hand to pick players of Nigeria origin from any jurisdiction in the universe as long as they qualify to represent Nigeria and are good enough to make the country proud by ensuring podium appearance for our teams at major competitions.

“The NFF President is unhappy with the slant given the story and insists that no form of discrimination or exclusivity will be tolerated under his tenure. The best will always be in the nest to represent in the best interest of our great nation.

“Primordial sentiments will have no place in the new administration. Anyone who is good enough and is a bonafide Nigerian will be given a level field to fight for the shirt, proudly sing the anthem and play under the flag of our nation.”
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF's PRESIDENT GUSAU Speaks on Foreign-based talent.....

Post by jette1 »

He Ibrahim Gusau said reduction is necessary In order to instill African mentality in the team ?
So is he saying the foreign born players are not Africans enough ? Wao !!! This is an outrageous statement. I warned you guys calling for picnic exile of what you might get in return. This is a mallam way of talking, no filters
Last edited by jette1 on Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Nigeria doesn’t have a professionally run league and NFF has no accountability but yet a whole president can’t address his countries government run flawed footballing system,if he leaves a legacy such as an NFF academy and a football specific national football stadium I’ll say he was an active progressive component in the development of the sport in Nigeria but since that won’t be the case he needs to calm down.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

jette1 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:59 pm He Ibrahim Gusau said reduction is necessary In order to instill African mentality in the team ?
So is he saying the foreign born players are not Africans enough ? Wao !!! This is an outrageous statement. I warned you guys calling for picnic exile of what you might get in return. This is a mallam way of talking, no filters
Gusau might turn out worst than Pinnick but Pinnnick don't know hoe to talk either. He boasts and tries hard to use money as a motivation for the players while his coaches are owed months of salaries. The minister don't know how to talk either with his "we will beat the sh*t out Ghana," that came back and blew up in his Most of our officials and politicians need some serious coaching in public speaking.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I also warned of the celebrations at Pinnicks exit.

This guy sounds like a CLOWN.

I guess we need more of this

Costa Rica 2 Nigeria 0
Mexico 4 Nigeria 0

The fundamentals of hb players is absolutely horrific.

So how many HB players did Senegal and Algeria use to win the last 2 afcons ? (PLAYED IN AFRICA)

I swear these people think like dinosaurs. Just abject stupidity.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The NFF media officer, Demola Olajire, has since clarified the President's comments and insisted that the SE was open.to everyone of Nigerian origin, and only the best will play for the SE.
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:53 pm The NFF media officer, Demola Olajire, has since clarified the President's comments and insisted that the SE was open.to everyone of Nigerian origin, and only the best will play for the SE.
Clarified ?

More like covering for his bosses open stupidity.

It's called PR. I dont trust these types, we've seen them before.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Part of the challenge of meeting the responsibilities of a job is knowing what to say in public and what to keep in your head. I think Gusau has a ways to go there
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

jette1 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:59 pm He Ibrahim Gusau said reduction is necessary In order to instill African mentality in the team ?
You have issues.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:24 am
You have issues.
Lolly

I saw that and could only shake my head. Prejudice is deep and it can be unleashed unconsciously.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Dammy wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:53 pm The NFF media officer, Demola Olajire, has since clarified the President's comments and insisted that the SE was open.to everyone of Nigerian origin, and only the best will play for the SE.
this is what he should have said really
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

sabb wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:19 pm
this is what he should have said really
Many people on this forum, some ex footballers and known TV pundits have at one time or the other called for a reduction of foreign born players. Sad.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:20 pm
You have issues.
Lolly
I saw that and could only shake my head. Prejudice is deep and it can be unleashed unconsciously.
Adorn a pig with gold, and it will soon end up in the gutter.
jette1 might have left his village, but the 'village tribalist' in him was not left behind.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

joao wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:45 pm
You have issues.
Lolly
jette1 might have left his village, but the 'village tribalist' in him was not left behind.
This is how Nigeria has since been reduced to dust and land of beggars and extortionists. Look at where political correctness has taken you. We all know you can never fill a basket with water. Keep it going

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

jette1 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:53 pm
You have issues.
Lolly
This is how Nigeria has since been reduced to dust and land of beggars and extortionists. Look at where political correctness has taken you. We all know you can never fill a basket with water. Keep it going
If you are smart, you will simply take your lumps on this thread and stop digging.
This is less about political correctness, and more about your uncouth social indiscretions.
Live and learn Bro.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

joao wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:04 pm
You have issues.
Lolly
If you are smart, you will simply take your lumps on this thread and stop digging.
This is less about political correctness, and more about your uncouth social indiscretions.
Live and learn Bro.
STFU ; as always angel* would skirt around the real issue. The fellow publicly labels foreign born Nigerians less Africans or somewhat inadequate Africans and that’s what you should be addressing. So let’s hear your take on that.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

jette1 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:36 am
You have issues.
Lolly
Live and learn Bro.
STFU ; as always angel* would skirt around the real issue. The fellow publicly labels foreign born Nigerians less Africans or somewhat inadequate Africans and that’s what you should be addressing. So let’s hear your take on that.
And you are right, that’s what we should be discussing until you added the silly comment at the end. At least be man enough to apologise and let’s go back to discussing the real issue.

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Lolly wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:58 am
jette1 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:36 am
Lolly wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:24 am You have issues.
Lolly
Live and learn Bro.
And you are right, that’s what we should be discussing until you added the silly comment at the end. At least be man enough to apologise and let’s go back to discussing the real issue.
Apologies for what ? Let’s face the people you are going above and beyond to accord all the decency in the world have shown over and over that they care nothing about reciprocating same. It takes collective social contract of shared sense of what is just to float a functional society so bro as long as that ledger ain’t going to be balanced then fuuuk it for now until there is a country again.