Emmanuel Denis is a bum!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Emmanuel Denis is a bum!

Post by 1naija »

Dayuuuuuuuum Damunkey! That's elderly abuse!
Damunk wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:13 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:11 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:09 pm
Dammy wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:56 pm I believe Dennis was pissed off not to start the match hence his petulance. Nigerians have already started descending on him on social media. Okoye's SM abuse will be child's play compared to what he will face!
Denis has an attitude problem, pure and simple.
Funny enough, I was watching him closely during his birthday bash in camp a few days ago.
He just couldn’t lift himself to show his appreciation.
He was on his phone and they had to keep prompting him to show some love.
Everything seemed half-hearted and I said to myself it’s either this guy really is full of himself, or he is so low on self confidence that he covers it with bad attitude.
look at this one judging someone he has never ever met in his life..carry on. You are also so full of yourself if you don't know....
Still better to be full of self than to be full of shytt.
Or even pork…. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:56 pm I believe Dennis was pissed off not to start the match hence his petulance. Nigerians have already started descending on him on social media. Okoye's SM abuse will be child's play compared to what he will face!
Funny enough, I was watching him closely during his birthday bash in camp a few days ago.
Everything seemed half-hearted and I said to myself it’s either this guy really is full of himself, or he is so low on self confidence that he covers it with bad attitude.
Always had an attitude problem. Rumour is that Watford players celebrated when they heard he signed for Nottingham Forest. They were happy to see him go.

I never rated him as a player. He does more bad than good. Loses the ball to frequently with his nonchalant attitude and clearly does not follow instructions.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

same with his club, no suprises
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:00 pm Oh please. Patapata it would have been 2-1 and yall would be feeling all was well. I don't like him like that but don't put the blame on him.
Not true.
On balance, we tend to be more critical than anything else.
Even when bwe beat Argentina, we were happy but the criticisms were still rife.
Go and check.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

King Futcha wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:02 am
one cannot know for sure but it seemed to be shyness, rather than rudeness, he was recording the proceedings on his phone.
Shyness is always a possibility, which is why I suggested e might be covering it up with 'attitude'.
Many shy (and/or anxious) people are thought to be arrogant until you really get to know them.

But this Denis guy....I don't even know. He keeps carrying this bad attitude vibe around like a bad smell....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Its tough to diagnose what the issue might be...I somewhat feel for him, as he seems to have a questionable attitude about him and his well publicized issues at Club Brugge, Koln and Watford readily come to mind. Ditto that at the National level, with the U23 team and now the Super Eagles.

It might not be such a bad idea for the National team handlers to give him a rest and excuse him from national assignments, in order that he get himself right.
Damunk wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:59 pm
Shyness is always a possibility, which is why I suggested e might be covering it up with 'attitude'.
Many shy (and/or anxious) people are thought to be arrogant until you really get to know them.

But this Denis guy....I don't even know. He keeps carrying this bad attitude vibe around like a bad smell....
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Loads of players with massive egos in the game, as long as the coach is fine with including the player, I'm cool with it. I won't make a big deal of him wanting to take the penalty nor the miss as it was a friendly. Doubt he'll do that and not follow protocol in a competitive game (may be wrong). There's a lot more to be upset about in the match. Our experienced players didn't show their experience and if you didn't know our team, you couldn't tell the mainstays from the JJCs. Hopefully we get more grade A friendlies like this.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

felarey wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:57 pm Loads of players with massive egos in the game, as long as the coach is fine with including the player, I'm cool with it. I won't make a big deal of him wanting to take the penalty nor the miss as it was a friendly. Doubt he'll do that and not follow protocol in a competitive game (may be wrong). There's a lot more to be upset about in the match. Our experienced players didn't show their experience and if you didn't know our team, you couldn't tell the mainstays from the JJCs. Hopefully we get more grade A friendlies like this.
He kinda did the same in our 10-0 game, but because we were up by so much no one really argued with him and he scored…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

u guys remember that these players are humans right? what exactly are they playing for? pride?

we didnt turn up and it showed...not because the players are bad, because they didnt care in a practically useless game to them...
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Enyi wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:32 am u guys remember that these players are humans right? what exactly are they playing for? pride?

we didnt turn up and it showed...not because the players are bad, because they didnt care in a practically useless game to them...
Uhmmm, beyond just a mere friendly, there's something called discipline and it was obvious discipline was severely lacking in this team...when a player refuses to listen to his captain and coach and goes ahead to take a PK...that should worry you as a fan.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:47 am
Enyi wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:32 am u guys remember that these players are humans right? what exactly are they playing for? pride?

Uhmmm, beyond just a mere friendly, there's something called discipline and it was obvious discipline was severely lacking in this team...when a player refuses to listen to his captain and coach and goes ahead to take a PK...that should worry you as a fan.
You are right, no question about that.....devils advocate here...

I might be wrong here but go and watch the game again, I believe that someone actually gave him the ball...maybe they was some understanding b4 the game....not sure.

Another angle.....Dennis wanted to take the penalty, others tried to talk him out of it but he refused.....Why didn't the captain then try and calm the situation and then address it in the dressing room?

On the game itself....I don't believe anyone cared, cant blame them really...
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:24 pm Its tough to diagnose what the issue might be...I somewhat feel for him, as he seems to have a questionable attitude about him and his well publicized issues at Club Brugge, Koln and Watford readily come to mind. Ditto that at the National level, with the U23 team and now the Super Eagles.

It might not be such a bad idea for the National team handlers to give him a rest and excuse him from national assignments, in order that he get himself right.
Damunk wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:59 pm

:clap: :clap:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

once again , people, it was a friendly, so what if he missed a PK in a friendly, we all know he isn't the designated kicker and won't be kicking any PK soon for the SE . We cannot be beating our chest and thinking we have world-class players in abundance( our only top player is victor) just look at Portugal, they hand Bruno, Silva, and so many player toying with us.. cancelo didn't play and the man u right back was playing like Cafu.. kai

let us go back and invest in out u20s etc ... we can see how we are suffering since peakmilk never ever took interest in investing in the u17s u20s etc... see how we now have to be scouting England for championship level players to come and play for the SE.. you people forget the likes of Mikel, Obiina, Obasi, Victor, etc all came from our u 20s them ...we really don suffer.. something that used to work well for us is now a thing of the past .
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I still think people are hurt and just looking for a scapegoat, imagine banning someone from a team for what is so simple to fix. The coach should just call him and tell him never to play a pk again...finito.

There are a million and one more pressing problems with the SE. That performance was worrying.

I have a hard time looking at Uzoho in the face without wanting to scream. We can't pass our way out of a paper back and too many dead weight all over the pitch.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

airwolex wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:15 pm I still think people are hurt and just looking for a scapegoat, imagine banning someone from a team for what is so simple to fix. The coach should just call him and tell him never to play a pk again...finito.

There are a million and one more pressing problems with the SE. That performance was worrying.

I have a hard time looking at Uzoho in the face without wanting to scream. We can't pass our way out of a paper back and too many dead weight all over the pitch.
Uzoho is a terrible GK, from bottom to the top we have a VERY terrible team, we should look to honestly disband this team- keep only Osimhen and one or two players from this crop and start integrating the youth level players into the NT, it's not too late to start afresh and just be patient with the rebuilding project. I've come to the conclusion that our problem isn't necessarily a "coaching problem" but a player problem, we just don't have good players right now in the senior NT save for Osimhen.

We're not going to get better with these players, majority of them have been in this national team system for close to a decade now and are still stagnant in their growth, time to press the restart button and go again.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:27 pm
airwolex wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:15 pm I still think people are hurt and just looking for a scapegoat, imagine banning someone from a team for what is so simple to fix. The coach should just call him and tell him never to play a pk again...finito.

Uzoho is a terrible GK, from bottom to the top we have a VERY terrible team, we should look to honestly disband this team- keep only Osimhen and one or two players from this crop and start integrating the youth level players into the NT, it's not too late to start afresh and just be patient with the rebuilding project. I've come to the conclusion that our problem isn't necessarily a "coaching problem" but a player problem, we just don't have good players right now in the senior NT save for Osimhen.

We're not going to get better with these players, majority of them have been in this national team system for close to a decade now and are still stagnant in their growth, time to press the restart button and go again.
Which youth level players when picnic was ignoring this area and focusing on getting foreign left overs?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:28 pm

Which youth level players when picnic was ignoring this area and focusing on getting foreign left overs?
Pinnick ruined our football no doubt
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I defended Uzoho, but I can't get that Partey goal out of my mind lol. Okoye is even worse.

I am pretty sure the goalkeeping issue is more of a pressing problem than Denis. Denis is a player with a lot of people that can play his role. It is easy to deal with him if he persists on being disruptive.

If we had a half-decent goalie we would have been at the WC and might even have beaten Tunisia in the last AFCON. It really is a serious headache.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

airwolex wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:10 pm

I defended Uzoho, but I can't get that Partey goal out of my mind lol. Okoye is even worse.

I am pretty sure the goalkeeping issue is more of a pressing problem than Denis. Denis is a player with a lot of people that can play his role. It is easy to deal with him if he persists on being disruptive.

If we had a half-decent goalie we would have been at the WC and might even have beaten Tunisia in the last AFCON. It really is a serious headache.
SIGNED.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

airwolex wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:10 pm

Those who rushed Uzoho and Okoye to the SE should be blamed, as well as those who encouraged it.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Actually, per your comment, those who chased out Daniel Akpeyi and Ikechukwu Ezenwa (which effectively paved the way for Uzoho and Okoye to be in the spotlight) SHOULD shoulder the blame.

...pray tell, where you not one of the vocal ones on CE advocating for their ouster?
fabio wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:08 pm Those who rushed Uzoho and Okoye to the SE should be blamed, as well as those who encouraged it.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Otitokoro wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:04 pm Actually, per your comment, those who chased out Daniel Akpeyi and Ikechukwu Ezenwa (which effectively paved the way for Uzoho and Okoye to be in the spotlight) SHOULD shoulder the blame.

...pray tell, where you not one of the vocal ones on CE advocating for their ouster?
fabio wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:08 pm Those who rushed Uzoho and Okoye to the SE should be blamed, as well as those who encouraged it.
No.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Otitokoro wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:04 pm Actually, per your comment, those who chased out Daniel Akpeyi and Ikechukwu Ezenwa (which effectively paved the way for Uzoho and Okoye to be in the spotlight) SHOULD shoulder the blame.

These were my thoughts on two different threads.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=307340&p=5735492&hilit=Ike#p5735492
I am not a fan of fast tracking GKs especially youngs GK to the SE. They can be back ups and understudy in the SE.

Our last two very good gks Vincent Enyeama and Ike Shorunmu were never rushed into the SE starting 11.
Senior Uncle, we must learn to develop or allow players to develop and not to rush them, because we don't have luxury.

Like it or not, our most experience gk is Akpeyi, in terms of cumulative matches played. Akpeyi is not as bad as people make him... This is chap who went to loan to his club and dethroned the South African first choice gk.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=307286&p=5734980&hilit=Ike#p5734980
Memories are short. We must not forget the likes of Vincent Enyeama and Ike Shoromu t al, were not rushed or fast tracked into the SE. It took years of being understudy before they become SE no.1 GK.
And I have consistently critic the fast tracking of both Uzoho and Okoye to SE 1 GK.