The One Positive from 4-0 Loss to Portugal...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
The One Positive from 4-0 Loss to Portugal...

Post by txj »

Is the embarrassed look on Peseiro's face at the end of the game, after his team was stripped naked in the marketplace!

Not the scoreline, but the performance.
Portugal are one of the contenders for the WC for a reason and this is Peseiro's 2nd real game...

But the organization of the team? Whatever he may have planned ahead of the game, this was a team bereft of organization; not in attack; especially not in defensive transitions. At times it was as wide open as a hawker on Ayillara Street!

In a 4-3-3 with Ndidi as anchor he offered less than zero.
Gave his manager less than hot air.
The work rate of the entire team put together, could hardly match that of Otavio alone!

Peseiro needs to be absolutely ruthless or he will fail.
This business of wasting spots on the team for the benefit of agency deals needs to end...

Nigeria is not just unprofessional off the field, but on the field the players leave their professionalism behind in Europe on return to play for Nigeria. Even the late Keshi spoke about this back in his playing days.

If Peseiro wants to succeed, he must take the matchete and cut through the dross that goes all the way back more than 10yrs...

I didn't expect us to win; but not this kind of performance...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The One Positive from 4-0 Loss to Portugal...

Post by vancity eagle »

Kpom.

Moses Simon is useless. We've known this for a while.

Etebo. How can he be getting called ahead of Yusuf, Nwakali, Ejaria etc.

Ndidi may be done.

Chukwueze I'm almost ready to give up on.

Aribo looked lost.

The whole team was sluggish.

Why is Iwobi always so far back ? This team will not succeed with Iwobi playing a defacto DM.

Osay Samuel I think was good. He is here to stay.

Not sure about Bassey at LB anymore

But guys make no mistake, this is a very good team we played. Possible WC winners. We have to be on for 90 plus minutes.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:00 pm Kpom.

Ndidi may be done.

Aribo looked lost.

Why is Iwobi always so far back ? This team will not succeed with Iwobi playing a defacto DM.

But guys make no mistake, this is a very good team we played. Possible WC winners. We have to be on for 90 plus minutes.
He had to drop back a couple of times to bring the ball up from the back as no one else appeared capable of bringing the ball up, but he wasn't playing as a DM
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Work-in-progress… :sneaky:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gotti wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:21 pm Work-in-progress… :sneaky:

If only they worked...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

No team with Ndidi in the middle will ever flow, a DM that hides from the ball. Aribo is not an athletic player, one of the luckiest football players I have ever seen. Ndidi + Aribo = No midfield.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

txj wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:35 pm

If only they worked...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

oscar52 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:40 pm No team with Ndidi in the middle will ever flow, a DM that hides from the ball. Aribo is not an athletic player, one of the luckiest football players I have ever seen. Ndidi + Aribo = No midfield.
crux of the matter
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

oscar52 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:40 pm No team with Ndidi in the middle will ever flow, a DM that hides from the ball. Aribo is not an athletic player, one of the luckiest football players I have ever seen. Ndidi + Aribo = No midfield.

SMDH :blushing:

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

You do realize Ndidi has struggled with injury most of this season. Ndidi isn't great going forward, however, for the SE he doesn't hide from the ball. Aribo is more athletic than you give him credit for. I personally he needs to be given more time to slowly get back to his best.
sabb wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:45 pm
crux of the matter
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

So glad i didnt disrupt my work to watch this crap. Just lashed 4 kondo like we stole something. chei, i'm ashamed o
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ndidi may be done.

Aribo looked lost.

From someone who hailed the line up and the formation :tic:

If it was a local coach.......
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

txj wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:40 pm Is the embarrassed look on Peseiro's face at the end of the game, after his team was stripped naked in the marketplace!

Portugal are one of the contenders for the WC for a reason and this is Peseiro's 2nd real game...

But the organization of the team? Whatever he may have planned ahead of the game, this was a team bereft of organization; not in attack; especially not in defensive transitions. At times it was as wide open as a hawker on Ayillara Street!

The work rate of the entire team put together, could hardly match that of Otavio alone!

This business of wasting spots on the team for the benefit of agency deals needs to end...

Nigeria is not just unprofessional off the field, but on the field the players leave their professionalism behind in Europe on return to play for Nigeria. Even the late Keshi spoke about this back in his playing days.

If Peseiro wants to succeed, he must take the matchete and cut through the dross that goes all the way back more than 10yrs...

Now we are left with the look on a coach as the positive from a game!

I still remember when Berti Stash was seen as the BEST because of the massage and clean shirts.

The look on the coach??? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Ndidi may be done.

Aribo looked lost.

It is pointless to selectively critique players. You always do that. Open your eyes. The whole team was bad! All this patch patch isn't helping matters. The whole team sucks!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

wanaj0 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:28 am
txj wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:40 pm Is the embarrassed look on Peseiro's face at the end of the game, after his team was stripped naked in the marketplace!

I still remember when Berti Stash was seen as the BEST because of the massage and clean shirts.

Wanaho.

I told you more than 5yrs ago that you are semi literate.

You apparently do not understand use of metaphors...

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

txj wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:28 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:28 am

Wanaho.

I told you more than 5yrs ago that you are semi literate.

You apparently do not understand use of metaphors...
Thanks you for the compliment :taunt: And yes you are right

Berti stash says hi. You do need a massage
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Before the match it was reported in the news that Bassey was injured and would not play. If that was the case he was not match fit neither was Ndidi or Etebo. It then begs the question why call up so few midfield players? Why the rush to call up players returning from injury? and why play injured players?

I now think this team needs a midfield over haul. Raphael Onyedika has champions league experience and can replace a recovering Ndidi. Kelechi Nwakali can replace a recovering Etebo.

I don’t think Bassey should have featured in yesterday’s game and he should not be playing LB because he doesn’t understand the role and left gaps in the defence (no one covered when he ventured forward).

Why do we play with two wingers none of whom feed the striker? The only winger we have had that provided assists to our strikers was Samuel Kalu (who is currently unfit).

I don’t think playing a right footed winger on the left has worked for us. We need somebody else on the left Simon Moses is not the answer.

Some people are calling for Eze the same clamor was made for Lukemon (who has been very ordinary in GWG).

To be honest I did not have any issues with the squad selection. However I knew we would struggle upfront if Moffi led the attack (good player but not international level yet) his replacement Onauchu needs service how many crossed did either Samu or Moses provide? Even from free kicks it was a problem.
A gassed out Bassey in the second half delivered crosses to nobody on the box.

The new right back gave away a pen and I thought it was a pen having seen it on replay. He played well as did Akpoguma. I am not sure about Iwobi’s free role,it just seems he is running all over the place. That midfield needed ball winners and ball handlers.Somebody needs to take the number 10 shirt away from Aribo.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ndidi may be done.

Aribo looked lost.

Nwakali and Co won’t be an upgrade and if he is then they need to look harde.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I saw neither work nor progress…
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:38 pm

Ndidi may be done.

Aribo looked lost.

Nwakali and Co won’t be an upgrade and if he is then they need to look harde.
I say we keep changing players until we hit a good group of midfield players & toss out the dead wood of Moffi, Dennis, Simon, Aribo, Etebo, Lookman, Ndidi Bassey, & Ekong,….. very similar to what Arsenal have done and are now topping the league table going into the World Cup. They got rid of Torreira, Bellerin, Maitland-Niles,Aubameyang, Lacazette 70 million pound man Pepe & Bernard Leno. The Arsenal team is young with quality in key areas.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Ndidi may be done.

Aribo looked lost.

you are clueless about football. this was primarily a failure in structure, not in individual performance. Txj got it right. you are clueless. The coach is 100% to blame for this. The team played like this was a pickup game, no structure, no cohesion. 10 different players, playing 10 different games, hoping that occasionally their plays will align
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Flex Swift wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:19 pm Before the match it was reported in the news that Bassey was injured and would not play. If that was the case he was not match fit neither was Ndidi or Etebo. It then begs the question why call up so few midfield players? Why the rush to call up players returning from injury? and why play injured players?

I now think this team needs a midfield over haul. Raphael Onyedika has champions league experience and can replace a recovering Ndidi. Kelechi Nwakali can replace a recovering Etebo.

I don’t think Bassey should have featured in yesterday’s game and he should not be playing LB because he doesn’t understand the role and left gaps in the defence (no one covered when he ventured forward).

Why do we play with two wingers none of whom feed the striker? The only winger we have had that provided assists to our strikers was Samuel Kalu (who is currently unfit).

I don’t think playing a right footed winger on the left has worked for us. We need somebody else on the left Simon Moses is not the answer.

Some people are calling for Eze the same clamor was made for Lukemon (who has been very ordinary in GWG).

To be honest I did not have any issues with the squad selection. However I knew we would struggle upfront if Moffi led the attack (good player but not international level yet) his replacement Onauchu needs service how many crossed did either Samu or Moses provide? Even from free kicks it was a problem.
A gassed out Bassey in the second half delivered crosses to nobody on the box.

The new right back gave away a pen and I thought it was a pen having seen it on replay. He played well as did Akpoguma. I am not sure about Iwobi’s free role,it just seems he is running all over the place. That midfield needed ball winners and ball handlers.Somebody needs to take the number 10 shirt away from Aribo.
this is first and foremost not a personnel issue. this is a poorly coached team. any group of properly coached and organized professional players should not be that disorganized. get any 10 hardworking scrubs, get the shape and structure right, and it would have been miles better than today's performance.

this game looks like having a band play music where every band member is deaf and blind, but continue to play their own instrument completely unaware of what everyone was doing. Honestly, one of the worst coaching I have seen in SE for a long long time.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.