Not interested anymore

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Not interested anymore

Post by highbury »

I have gotten to the point that I am not interested in SE anymore. The players are not good. The players lack the needed passion for the game. The coach is not it. Could you imagine a local coach losing against Portugal by this margin and still smiling after the game? Until the day, Nigeria mumu finishes and realize that Foreign coaches no get 2 brains, I am done investing any emotions with this team. I can't believe I paid extra $10 for ESPN plus to watch this trash. I will not use my money to watch SE, will not sponsor anything SE for the foreseeable future. I will rather focus on Arsenal and US national team. SE are the best at disappointing their supporters. My friend who is from the Caribbean a Cardio Thoracic Surgeon said that he followed and supported the SE for years and SE kept disappointing him. He said he got to the point that he had enough and decided to follow Argentina ( that hurt me).
Investing your time with SE is an exercise in futility.
highbury
Egg
Egg
Re: Not interested anymore

Post by highbury »

I have had enough with trashy Super Eagles
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

So the problem is foreign coaches ?

Last I checked local coach failed to qualify for world cup going up against a coach, coaching his FIRST game for Ghana

Last I checked thos same local coach gave us our worst AFCON in 30 years

Last I checked 2 local coaches failed to qualify for 2 separate afcons.

Certainly the problem is not foreign coaches of you have any ounce of honesty in you.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:02 pm So the problem is foreign coaches ?

Last I checked local coach failed to qualify for world cup going up against a coach, coaching his FIRST game for Ghana

Last I checked thos same local coach gave us our worst AFCON in 30 years

Last I checked 2 local coaches failed to qualify for 2 separate afcons.

Certainly the problem is not foreign coaches of you have any ounce of honesty in you.
The problem is not only foreign coaches but a big part of the problem is the foreign coaches changing. Every foreign coach has their own ideas and styles. The core of Nigerian style is found in our youth teams. No wonder they all play the same way. Our National Team always look lost.
These coaches that you claimed to have failed us where only given the job as a fire brigade approach when their predecessor screwed up( be it local or foreign).
Apart from Keshi( successful coach) who was given a full contract, please tell me another local coach who was given a contract that failed to qualify in recent times?
Look, it appears You've chosen to die on sword of foreign coaches but realize you know these foreign coaches aren't necessarily improving our team that much despite the huge cost.
Deep down, I know you know it's the truth but your pride wouldn't let you admit it.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...I am a part-time SE watcher. My national team to watch and follow will be the USA.
Nigeria football problem is the ogas at the top, bunch of incompetent armature thieves masquerading as if they know what they are doing.
Until that is fixed, we'll continue to have poor coaches, hey-you players.
Nigeria has become a damn joke.
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Oh boy, I think I'm done with the Super Eagles.
It is quite clear that Nigeria is not ready to build a team.
Na everyday wey them dey invite new player to join the team and to come scatter everything.
When are we going to try to build a team A and Team B?
We keep mixing stuff around and never settle.
Instead of just focsuing on strategy and working on a pattern, they just keep inviting new players and reshuffling them.
The thing done tire me oh.

Honestly, at this point the only solution might be to just let everybody go except for Victor Oshimen and maybe 1 or 2 other players and just start with our under 23 squad. At least they already have a pattern and them dey play team game.

This current Super Eagles squad play like strangers. They can't beat any team, not even Mexico. Let everybody just go and play at their clubs. They are blended with their clubs and not with the Super Eagles.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

...And where is Pinnick to explain how he single handedly ran Naija football down?
From start, I kinda knew the man is a 'snake oil' salesman whose main outlook
is how to enrich himself on the job. All those hallucinating about how he will take
our football to mars are now in hiding, waiting to hail the next clueless sweet talker.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The biggest problem is that our players are not ambitious enough. And the painful truth is that Nigerians are the reason. Most Nigerians are losers and have zero ambition. Again, thats the reason they voted for a dead person, Buhari, TWO TIMES! Thats the reason you see young people supporting a lifeless corpse, Tinubu and a fattened criminal thief, Atiku.

Nigerians are losers! This is a fact that you guys have to accept. You have a bunch of them supporting clubs like Arsenal and Tottenham, that lose repeatedly and have zero ambition. How many Nigerians do you see supporting Madrid? Barca? Bayern? Chelseaa? Even City of today? Most of them are Arsenal supporters and tottenham.. They are sexually attracted to losing and failure.

Then you have the recent trend of cybereagles -- CE members sharing link to a Div 2 game or backwater league to "follow our players!" I couldnt believe my eyes. Why wont the players be losers and failures, when we have created a comfortable environment for them to be losers and failures??

Do you remember the days when it was a cardinal sin to lose at National Stadium in Surulere? And we went for more than 25 years or so, without losing? Today, we transfer games across the country, to sh1t stadia and our team gets humiliated by crap teams and they are allowed to leave the stadium smiling and waving.

Nigerians are losers!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Even seeing Ghana being welcomed by Ghanaians in Qatar lead my their own local coach made me more sad for Nigeria but proud of Ghana. I hope they do well. I suspect they will.
I am so glad these players didn't get to go to the World Cup. Imagine player and coach fighting for Pepe's jersey after their butt was handed to them by Portugal. Imagine a goalie laughing after the game and hugging Bruno Fernandes.Imagine our foreign coach smiling after being questioned about Dennis refusing to hand the ball to the Captain to take the penalty. Nigeria is going nowhere. The only place we will see relative success is in our youth teams.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

highbury wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:13 am Even seeing Ghana being welcomed by Ghanaians in Qatar lead my their own local coach made me more sad for Nigeria but proud of Ghana. I hope they do well. I suspect they will.
I am so glad these players didn't get to go to the World Cup. Imagine player and coach fighting for Pepe's jersey after their butt was handed to them by Portugal. Imagine a goalie laughing after the game and hugging Bruno Fernandes.Imagine our foreign coach smiling after being questioned about Dennis refusing to hand the ball to the Captain to take the penalty. Nigeria is going nowhere. The only place we will see relative success is in our youth teams.
...that was a personal beef being settled there.

Fernandes: why no good like the last time we play you at manchester?
Uzoho: we get better defenders, better players that day, na the reason
:lol: :lol: (Uzoho lafin', and that was the laughing you saw)
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

highbury wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:16 am I have gotten to the point that I am not interested in SE anymore. The players are not good. The players lack the needed passion for the game. The coach is not it. Could you imagine a local coach losing against Portugal by this margin and still smiling after the game? Until the day, Nigeria mumu finishes and realize that Foreign coaches no get 2 brains, I am done investing any emotions with this team. I can't believe I paid extra $10 for ESPN plus to watch this trash. I will not use my money to watch SE, will not sponsor anything SE for the foreseeable future. I will rather focus on Arsenal and US national team. SE are the best at disappointing their supporters. My friend who is from the Caribbean a Cardio Thoracic Surgeon said that he followed and supported the SE for years and SE kept disappointing him. He said he got to the point that he had enough and decided to follow Argentina ( that hurt me).
Your points are valid! I think corruption is the root cause of G.E flop. We have the same problem with Harambee stars.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:29 pm The biggest problem is that our players are not ambitious enough. And the painful truth is that Nigerians are the reason. Most Nigerians are losers and have zero ambition. Again, thats the reason they voted for a dead person, Buhari, TWO TIMES! Thats the reason you see young people supporting a lifeless corpse, Tinubu and a fattened criminal thief, Atiku.

Nigerians are losers! This is a fact that you guys have to accept. You have a bunch of them supporting clubs like Arsenal and Tottenham, that lose repeatedly and have zero ambition. How many Nigerians do you see supporting Madrid? Barca? Bayern? Chelseaa? Even City of today? Most of them are Arsenal supporters and tottenham.. They are sexually attracted to losing and failure.

Then you have the recent trend of cybereagles -- CE members sharing link to a Div 2 game or backwater league to "follow our players!" I couldnt believe my eyes. Why wont the players be losers and failures, when we have created a comfortable environment for them to be losers and failures??

Do you remember the days when it was a cardinal sin to lose at National Stadium in Surulere? And we went for more than 25 years or so, without losing? Today, we transfer games across the country, to sh1t stadia and our team gets humiliated by crap teams and they are allowed to leave the stadium smiling and waving.

Nigerians are losers!
And when was the last time ever in your entire life time that you bought a ticket and travelled as a professed Nigerian fan to go anywhere to cheer the SE or just wear the national colors in the stadium like argentines, the English even the lowly Ethiopians
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

highbury wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:13 am Even seeing Ghana being welcomed by Ghanaians in Qatar lead my their own local coach made me more sad for Nigeria but proud of Ghana. I hope they do well. I suspect they will.
:clap: Like I said, the loser mentality is deep in the culture. :oops: Imagine fighting for a jersey worn by a trash retired defender in his last legs. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

return2k2 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:27 pm Oh boy, I think I'm done with the Super Eagles.
It is quite clear that Nigeria is not ready to build a team.
Na everyday wey them dey invite new player to join the team and to come scatter everything.
When are we going to try to build a team A and Team B?
We keep mixing stuff around and never settle.
Instead of just focsuing on strategy and working on a pattern, they just keep inviting new players and reshuffling them.
The thing done tire me oh.

Honestly, at this point the only solution might be to just let everybody go except for Victor Oshimen and maybe 1 or 2 other players and just start with our under 23 squad. At least they already have a pattern and them dey play team game.

This current Super Eagles squad play like strangers. They can't beat any team, not even Mexico. Let everybody just go and play at their clubs. They are blended with their clubs and not with the Super Eagles.
correct. even on here. many think inviting new and "better" players is the solution. we play like strangers.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Sometimes, I feel like we should have 70% of our team based on local players. These local players will be training with each other at least 4 times a month for at least 3-4 years to really gel.

By the way, this is first time in my life where the World Cup is today and I am not even excited for it. I never knew I could feel like that. Thanks to the corrupt Pinnick, the low grade foreign coach, below average players, and delusional fans.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:29 pm The biggest problem is that our players are not ambitious enough. And the painful truth is that Nigerians are the reason. Most Nigerians are losers and have zero ambition. Again, thats the reason they voted for a dead person, Buhari, TWO TIMES! Thats the reason you see young people supporting a lifeless corpse, Tinubu and a fattened criminal thief, Atiku.

Nigerians are losers!
Oh so no be Gernot Rohr fault again? I thought all problems would be solved after he departs.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Some of you "fans" don't have the mental toughness to support the team especially in the downtime, the same mental toughness you criticize the players of not having

If you want results, you invest, and take a long view
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

greg wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:16 am

Nigerians are losers!
Oh so no be Gernot Rohr fault again? I thought all problems would be solved after he departs.
The b45t4rd is gone and will never return. He is jobless and will never find a job. You can cry and cry all you like! your lord and personal savior is gone! fired like the trash dog that he is. Make e pain you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

highbury wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:16 am I have gotten to the point that I am not interested in SE anymore. The players are not good. The players lack the needed passion for the game. The coach is not it. Could you imagine a local coach losing against Portugal by this margin and still smiling after the game? Until the day, Nigeria mumu finishes and realize that Foreign coaches no get 2 brains, I am done investing any emotions with this team. I can't believe I paid extra $10 for ESPN plus to watch this trash. I will not use my money to watch SE, will not sponsor anything SE for the foreseeable future. I will rather focus on Arsenal and US national team. SE are the best at disappointing their supporters. My friend who is from the Caribbean a Cardio Thoracic Surgeon said that he followed and supported the SE for years and SE kept disappointing him. He said he got to the point that he had enough and decided to follow Argentina ( that hurt me).
Honestly, where you are, I arrived there after Russia 2018. After getting back from Russia, it hit me that Nigeria had lost to Argentina by 1 goal in 5 of its 6 world cups. That was when I realized that Nigeria was stagnant and wasn’t worth my deep emotional investment.

It may seem like an overreaction, but it was my most significant sign that try as we may, we had made no progress in 24 years.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

highbury wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:58 am Sometimes, I feel like we should have 70% of our team based on local players. These local players will be training with each other at least 4 times a month for at least 3-4 years to really gel.

By the way, this is first time in my life where the World Cup is today and I am not even excited for it. I never knew I could feel like that. Thanks to the corrupt Pinnick, the low grade foreign coach, below average players, and delusional fans.
Let me state categorically that many Nigerian fans lack emotional maturity (no pun intended). We continue to apportion blames left and right...Today bad administration, tomorrow choice of coach :lol: ?? When are you guys ever gonna come to terms that the current crop of players (local or foreign) are simply not good enough to compete at international level? They lacked the quality to beat any well-drilled team, even if the players are of lower quality than Nigeria’s. The current NFF administration (Amaju or Gusau) are much better than the past administrations, including the Super Eagles's golden era administrator (Emeka Omeruah 1993–1997). Westerhof was not all that as well for christ sake, but we had so many hungry phenomenal players at that time.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:58 am Sometimes, I feel like we should have 70% of our team based on local players. These local players will be training with each other at least 4 times a month for at least 3-4 years to really gel.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You’re funny.
So what happens to their local clubs that pay their salaries for services not rendered?
Hope you’re not planning on running for the NFF Presidency? :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:11 am

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You’re funny.
So what happens to their local clubs that pay their salaries for services not rendered?
Hope you’re not planning on running for the NFF Presidency? :taunt:
...what highbury said is true, but given our penchant anything foreign it may never happen.
We have these so called foreign based players who gather few days before a match, then try to learn about each others' style of plays and movements.
We have a long way to go to return to the apex of world and African football again.