Another week, another loss for the G. Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Another week, another loss for the G. Eagles

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Same fate? :taunt: :sneaky:
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Another week, another loss for the G. Eagles

Post by Odas »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:40 pm Image

Well, we tried. I think we learned a thing, or two from the match/defeat. In all, finding the RIGHT combination of players for the team continues.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Odas wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:02 am

Well, we tried. I think we learned a thing, or two from the match/defeat. In all, finding the RIGHT combination of players for the team continues.
I hear you! But the defeats will be hard to erase from the minds of the players. Gone will be the confidence displayed by the likes of Amokachi and Oliseh over 30 years ago. What happened to Osimhen? Couldn't he find the back of the net even once? Is it a needle in the haystack moment for him when it comes to scoring for the country? So, despite all the hype, he ain't no Yekini?
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:45 am

I hear you! But the defeats will be hard to erase from the minds of the players. Gone will be the confidence displayed by the likes of Amokachi and Oliseh over 30 years ago. What happened to Osimhen? Couldn't he find the back of the net even once? Is it a needle in the haystack moment for him when it comes to scoring for the country? So, despite all the hype, he ain't no Yekini?
I hear you in general, especially regarding the Osimhen part. To me, he hasn't really played well for the national team (NT). Perhaps he doesn't have a player, or players in the NT - like he does in his club(s) - to make him thrive.

In all, the effort to get things right with the NT, continues
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Osimehn started well for SE.

It's once Rohr switched to 442 , since then Osimehn hasn't had a great game for us. He always puts in an effort though.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Are you guys not tired of learning a thing or two from defeats? The team has like 2 wins in 10 games.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

packerland wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:48 pm

Are you guys not tired of learning a thing or two from defeats? The team has like 2 wins in 10 games.
Tired of leaming? Packerland, have you ever heard of anyone being tired of learning? I think learning is a continuous activity until one dies.

Thus, as a team, we will continue to learn and hopefully improve from such learnings. My only fear is, until the NFF leaves the players' selection for the team coaches (if the rumours about the NFF interference is true), we will continue to stagnate instead of improving
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Odas wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:09 am
packerland wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:48 pm

Tired of leaming? Packerland, have you ever heard of anyone being tired of learning? I think learning is a continuous activity until one dies.

Thus, as a team, we will continue to learn and hopefully improve from such learnings. My only fear is, until the NFF leaves the players' selection for the team coaches (if the rumours about the NFF interference is true), we will continue to stagnate instead of improving
Have you heard “ insanity is doing the same thing over and over gain?” Player selection/interference by the NFL which you admitted has been going on for more the 2 decades now. So, how can learning take place when you’re constantly doing the same thing that we’re unsuccessful all these times? We don’t have reflective leaders in football or politics so nothing will change.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .