Go and hire Sunday Oliseh as the SE's coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

User avatar
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 11513
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Re: Go and hire Sunday Oliseh as the SE's coach

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:29 pm
Dammy wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:13 am All these because of FIFA Qatar WC technical committee appointment?
Do you realise these jobs are often given to jobless footballers and managers?
Oliseh's best role for Nigeria is to take over from Eguavoen as the NFF technical director
You know we are scraping the bottom of the barrel when we keep recycling the same old sacked coaches over decades.
And then the moment a Nigerian gets given the opportunity in a backwater league in Europe to coach a ‘Dundee Utd’ club of some description, he immediately gets catapulted to the front of the queue by Nigerian fans.
Is it so unusual? Isn't Van Gaal the Dutch coach? There are pros and cons for Oliseh's appointment but your "recycling" point no be am.
User avatar
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg
Posts: 741
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:04 pm
Location: london
Contact:
Re: Go and hire Sunday Oliseh as the SE's coach

Post by delisyomie don »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:06 am who cares he left ( that was all peamilk's fault) We aren't going anywhere with a trash coach like Pasero.. At least the new NFF chairman isn't bamboozled by everything foreign . Oliseh should be given the job. I am done with all these rubbish failures we've been using. The last time we won AFCON or got out of the group stages of the World-cup was with a Nigerian/African as coach . We failed to qualify for Qatar due to the destruction by **** we have no idea how to dominate possession football similar to the way a Keshi coached SE ruled Africa ( we haven't won anything at senior level in 10 freaking years)

yea we defeated two teams and managed to only defeat Salone by one goal in Abuja.. we look too weak, and seems pasero has no idea how to solve the midfield issue. E don do make the bobo dey go...
I agreed, Guinea-Bissau will final nail is the coffin in march 2023, the team that eguavon beat, this guy doesn't know our players he just using them because they establish players who are not fully committed to playing for Naija, no balance in the team using too many attacking-minded players like in midfield and wings.
thanks
User avatar
scholl
Egg
Egg
Posts: 6424
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:35 pm
Contact:
Re: Go and hire Sunday Oliseh as the SE's coach

Post by scholl »

jette1 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:38 pm We might actually do exceptionally well in Rugby. we have endless very fast very athletic muscles men all over Nigeria tat would bully :shock: . Football is in fact taking away from us
A malnourished generation, who have been on a cheap staple called Indomie? Have you seen the average youth in location 419 today?
icee
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1807
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:56 pm
Re: Go and hire Sunday Oliseh as the SE's coach

Post by icee »

Coaching is not our primary problem. It is however the easiest thing to change so perhaps we keep going back to the coach. I'm not endorsing Piserro neither am i dismissing hm - we got ourselves here.
User avatar
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 10076
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:29 am
Location: Indiana
Contact:
Re: Go and hire Sunday Oliseh as the SE's coach

Post by amafolas »

icee wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:57 pm Coaching is not our primary problem. It is however the easiest thing to change so perhaps we keep going back to the coach. I'm not endorsing Piserro neither am i dismissing hm - we got ourselves here.
normally yes, but this Passeiro might be the worst Nigerian coach I have seen in my life time. I have watched 3 games of his, and I still can't tell what his team is trying to do. They play like a bunch of strangers that just met 5 minutes earlier.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
User avatar
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 25591
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Location: Ukwuani
Re: Go and hire Sunday Oliseh as the SE's coach

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:19 am :rotf:
Maybe we should bring back some of the threads from when he was in charge and shortly after?
I don’t think this will end well for some commentators.
:lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
icee
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1807
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:56 pm
Re: Go and hire Sunday Oliseh as the SE's coach

Post by icee »

amafolas wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:19 pm
icee wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:57 pm Coaching is not our primary problem. It is however the easiest thing to change so perhaps we keep going back to the coach. I'm not endorsing Piserro neither am i dismissing hm - we got ourselves here.
normally yes, but this Passeiro might be the worst Nigerian coach I have seen in my life time. I have watched 3 games of his, and I still can't tell what his team is trying to do. They play like a bunch of strangers that just met 5 minutes earlier.
i am not endorsing the guy either. May be it's about time we take a step back and look at the powers that bring about these key decisions.
User avatar
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Posts: 4390
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Re: Go and hire Sunday Oliseh as the SE's coach

Post by waka-man »

I can’t stand Oliseh. But he’s better than these foreign mercenaries, that’s for sure
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
User avatar
lacidi
Egg
Egg
Posts: 3048
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:33 pm
Location: Nigeria
Contact:
Re: Go and hire Sunday Oliseh as the SE's coach

Post by lacidi »

waka-man wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:57 pm I can’t stand Oliseh. But he’s better than these foreign mercenaries, that’s for sure
What has he done in the last 3 years? We have other Nigerian coaches who are at least working and delivering with their clubs.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
User avatar
packerland
Egg
Egg
Posts: 5777
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:05 am
Location: Wisconsin
Re: Go and hire Sunday Oliseh as the SE's coach

Post by packerland »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:27 pm I think a combo of Finidi and Amuneke. Oliseh can be in the office tech director ?
I don’t like that combination crap. You give two head coaches the same job and then throw in a third one (Salisu). Just give one of them the job. If one wants to add the other to his coaching staff that’s ok.

You saw after our WC DNQ, Amunike came out and said he gave Egu some technical advice and he didn’t take it.
"MILF 4 Life"
User avatar
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 12278
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Location: loughborough.
Re: Go and hire Sunday Oliseh as the SE's coach

Post by fabio »

packerland wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:16 pm
Siddonlook11 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:27 pm I think a combo of Finidi and Amuneke. Oliseh can be in the office tech director ?
I don’t like that combination crap. You give two head coaches the same job and then throw in a third one (Salisu). Just give one of them the job. If one wants to add the other to his coaching staff that’s ok.

You saw after our WC DNQ, Amunike came out and said he gave Egu some technical advice and he didn’t take it.
He doesn't have to take the advice.

Daniel Amokachi claims, Egu starting line up (2nd leg Ghana) was changed by some individuals.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
User avatar
packerland
Egg
Egg
Posts: 5777
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:05 am
Location: Wisconsin
Re: Go and hire Sunday Oliseh as the SE's coach

Post by packerland »

fabio wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:35 pm
packerland wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:16 pm
Siddonlook11 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:27 pm I think a combo of Finidi and Amuneke. Oliseh can be in the office tech director ?
I don’t like that combination crap. You give two head coaches the same job and then throw in a third one (Salisu). Just give one of them the job. If one wants to add the other to his coaching staff that’s ok.

You saw after our WC DNQ, Amunike came out and said he gave Egu some technical advice and he didn’t take it.
He doesn't have to take the advice.

Daniel Amokachi claims, Egu starting line up (2nd leg Ghana) was changed by some individuals.
True. But he sounded like it was something that would’ve made a difference in the match. Amunike sounded like he didn’t want his name attached to that colossal failure.

Amokachi is full of it. How does someone even change a lineup? Was it that same person that subbed in Shehu when we needed a goal to go through?
"MILF 4 Life"
User avatar
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Posts: 4390
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Re: Go and hire Sunday Oliseh as the SE's coach

Post by waka-man »

lacidi wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:34 am
waka-man wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:57 pm I can’t stand Oliseh. But he’s better than these foreign mercenaries, that’s for sure
What has he done in the last 3 years? We have other Nigerian coaches who are at least working and delivering with their clubs.
Oh I agree. I don’t want him. Just saying I’d chose him over the bozo currently running things
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
User avatar
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 12278
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Location: loughborough.
Re: Go and hire Sunday Oliseh as the SE's coach

Post by fabio »

packerland wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:47 pm True. But he sounded like it was something that would’ve made a difference in the match. Amunike sounded like he didn’t want his name attached to that colossal failure.

Amokachi is full of it. How does someone even change a lineup? Was it that same person that subbed in Shehu when we needed a goal to go through?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
User avatar
packerland
Egg
Egg
Posts: 5777
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:05 am
Location: Wisconsin
Re: Go and hire Sunday Oliseh as the SE's coach

Post by packerland »

fabio wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:21 pm
packerland wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:47 pm True. But he sounded like it was something that would’ve made a difference in the match. Amunike sounded like he didn’t want his name attached to that colossal failure.

Amokachi is full of it. How does someone even change a lineup? Was it that same person that subbed in Shehu when we needed a goal to go through?
Just watched the clip, Amo sound like a suit. Look at how many time he gave props to their sponsor (Budweiser). It sound like he wants to be in leadership/ management position rather than coaching.

I don’t like his criticism of the foreign players. Iwobi is as naija as they come while a guy like Denis acts and talk like he is a foreigner. It shows you that the coaching staff didn’t have a good bonding with the foreign players like Lookman that was introduced to the team at that time. Which begs the question, why did Egu agree to go on that recruiting London trip with Pinnick or voice his displeasure?
Last edited by packerland on Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"MILF 4 Life"
User avatar
packerland
Egg
Egg
Posts: 5777
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:05 am
Location: Wisconsin
Re: Go and hire Sunday Oliseh as the SE's coach

Post by packerland »

DNQ no good o! Amo said he would’ve been in Qatar as a pundit making 200K if we had qualified.
"MILF 4 Life"
Agbako
Egg
Egg
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:01 am
Location: The Kingdom
Re: Go and hire Sunday Oliseh as the SE's coach

Post by Agbako »

When I read threads like this. I wonder which country you guys are from? So it has to take a genius to finally know that Foreign coaches are not hired on Merritt.? do we need to take wood and split some heads to let that sink in? They are hired by the ones willing to play ball of splitting their wages into NFF coffers.. How hard is that to explain. Erikson just published why he was not hired. Carlos Alberto of Brazil walked out of his contract By gooossshhh..

Nothing is changing because the new guy stepping in is from the same corrupt system . He have to chop his own. Anyone expecting a miraculous change has a better chance to join the religious that sleeps in churches/Mosques in Nigeria shouting" I receive it" Shikena...

Post Reply