Africa should be allowed to consolidate at WC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Africa should be allowed to consolidate at WC

Post by bushboy »

Instead of having 5 different African countries compete at the world cup, they should just have 5 teams of African players. They can be called Africa 1, Africa 2 etc...

The teams will be made of all eligible African players regardless of nationality. In other words, 5 African super teams.

This is the only way we can compete. As individual nations, we are just not good enough.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Africa should be allowed to consolidate at WC

Post by packerland »

Bro, the WC is not an Allstar game. Africans are not know for organization and planning. We wouldn’t even be able to assemble our best 5 teams without wahala. African team suck because of tribalism (Nigeria, Cameroon and even Senegal have that issue), lack of infrastructure, planning (most countries that didn’t make it are already planning for 2026), and hiring of foreign wows coaches.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

packerland wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:13 pm Bro, the WC is not an Allstar game. Africans are not know for organization and planning. We wouldn’t even be able to assemble our best 5 teams without wahala. African team suck because of tribalism (Nigeria, Cameroon and even Senegal have that issue), lack of infrastructure, planning (most countries that didn’t make it are already planning for 2026), and hiring of foreign wows coaches.
Planning for 2026? We don't plan $@#%! We will start planning a week before the draw for 2026!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

packerland wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:13 pm Bro, the WC is not an Allstar game. Africans are not know for organization and planning. We wouldn’t even be able to assemble our best 5 teams without wahala. African team suck because of tribalism (Nigeria, Cameroon and even Senegal have that issue), lack of infrastructure, planning (most countries that didn’t make it are already planning for 2026), and hiring of foreign wows coaches.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

bushboy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:55 pm Instead of having 5 different African countries compete at the world cup, they should just have 5 teams of African players. They can be called Africa 1, Africa 2 etc...

The teams will be made of all eligible African players regardless of nationality. In other words, 5 African super teams.

This is the only way we can compete. As individual nations, we are just not good enough.
limited introspection would do that to you
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

... abeg no maind 'Bushboy', jor.

DNQ is making many of us to lose our minds; therefore, the thought process of many of us is not functioning properly
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Odas wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:47 am
... abeg no maind 'Bushboy', jor.

DNQ is making many of us to lose our minds; therefore, the thought process of many of us is not functioning properly
Bros needs to fix his own bias before fixing African’s WC problem. Imagine if Bushboy was appointment the coach of this All Africa Allstar team, Osimhen will not make any of the 5 teams because according to him, he’s not top quality.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

If you had any doubts that bushboy is a moron, I hope this post convinces you of your folly🤔❗️

Cheers.
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

One has to be very careful what thread one opens here to read. Conso what? I guess we have infants on this forum. When we are still fighting for more seats at this event. W Cup? I guess dis kid did not know we barely had one country repping Africa before. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Very sad indeed to read this...
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

bushboy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:55 pm Instead of having 5 different African countries compete at the world cup, they should just have 5 teams of African players. They can be called Africa 1, Africa 2 etc...

:twisted: :evil:
Dead on arrival.... why should Africa participation be any different ... ?
======================================================
Ahhhh gaaaddammnn itt !! wherez my Heineken + wet bubble booty chics ?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:33 pm If you had any doubts that bushboy is a moron, I hope this post convinces you of your folly🤔❗️

Cheers.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 'Bushboy', oya make you reply make I see. Dat your post make me even vex more say we no day for Qatar
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Agbako wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:01 pm One has to be very careful what thread one opens here to read. Conso what? I guess we have infants on this forum. When we are still fighting for more seats at this event. W Cup? I guess dis kid did not know we barely had one country repping Africa before. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Very sad indeed to read this...
He probably doesn't know, or he has forgotten we had ONLY five (5) spots before and we are still fighting for more spots in the worldcup.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

What a thread.
Missing a World-Cup does take a toll on one's mental health.
Peter Obi For President 2023
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Thank you for all the comments and insults. I appreciate it.

I stand by what I said wholeheartedly. It brings me no joy to see African nations show up at the world stage every 4 years to get humbled. I just saw our African champions beaten by a Dutch side a far cry from their glory days. It was shameful.

I want us to compete. I want us to win. I want to proudly see black men holding the trophy high. France has shown us that black men are dominant. They won the last world cup with basically an African squad.

I want to see that happen again, but not as service to a foreign invader, but as a feat for the continent. With consolidated squads consisting of the very best players from ALL of Africa, I am confident we will lift the cup many times. This is what will bring me joy. Not watching 5 nations getting used to pad points for oyinbos.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

So not true.
Tunisia, played the Danes of the park.
Morocco battled the last WC runners up to a stalemate
Neither of these teams is dominant in Africa. There are at least another 5-10 African countries on par with them.
And Senegal were unfortunate to lose to the Dutch, despite missing one of the word’s greatest player.

Let’s stop doing Oyibo’s work and acting like Nigeria’s dysfunction defines the continent. It doesn’t.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

waka-man wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:55 pm

So not true.
Neither of these teams is dominant in Africa. There are at least another 5-10 African countries on par with them.
And Senegal were unfortunate to lose to the Dutch, despite missing one of the word’s greatest player.

Let’s stop doing Oyibo’s work and acting like Nigeria’s dysfunction defines the continent. It doesn’t.
Don't you get tired of moral victories? Not a single African team has won a game. Ghana will be hammered tomorrow, but you take comfort in words like "battled" and "unfortunate"...ok, no yawa. To each his own.
Who will be next?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

So not true.

:D

He is 4 years :D too late with his thread. African teams are actually doing well in this WC even though it’s too early. For the first time, even Tunisia played like they want to win something. It might be the Qatar factor. These Arabs live their cousins. Saudi, Tunisia, Morocco have all acquitted themselves well.

**I’m rooting for Africa but I still want Ghana to be flogged well well by Portugal because of Rawlings & Tfco Lol**
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

bushboy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:00 pm

So not true.

Don't you get tired of moral victories? Not a single African team has won a game. Ghana will be hammered tomorrow, but you take comfort in words like "battled" and "unfortunate"...ok, no yawa. To each his own.
We don’t even have a train system that will take you around Africa like in Europe and you want African to assemble 5 WC allstar teams. You know not all the players speak english? And even if you assemble Africa best using players from Nigeria, Ghana, Morocco, Ivory Coast, & Senegal, countries like south Africa, Congo, Kenya will want their own players too.

By the way, what will be the national anthem of all the 5 teams? Your head no Dey house.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The 2026 World Cup for starters will see 8. African teams for starters and a possible 9th team qualifying from a playoff. It certainly will not be five teams as discussed here.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

bushboy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:00 pm

So not true.

Nothing moral about it. They're competing and you should not deny their people the chance to see them perform for their national colours just because your country can’t wipe its own backside
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

^^^
They have zero wins bro! I don't understand the chest beating.

I would rather see Africa do well as a whole rather than individual countries humbled. I don't think I mentioned Nigeria even once. You're the one who is making my post about Naija, not me.
Who will be next?
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

bushboy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:19 pm ^^^

I would rather see Africa do well as a whole rather than individual countries humbled. I don't think I mentioned Nigeria even once. You're the one who is making my post about Naija, not me.
No one is beating chests. We’re simply telling you that the three games played by africa so far don’t provide any factual basis for your assertions.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

waka-man wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:28 pm
bushboy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:19 pm ^^^

No one is beating chests. We’re simply telling you that the three games played by africa so far don’t provide any factual basis for your assertions.
They have ZERO wins is as FACTUAL as it gets.
Who will be next?