We Got A Learner and They Got This

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

olu
Egg
Egg
Re: We Got A Learner and They Got This

Post by olu »

Can't believe there's so much uproar over friendly games. Ghana and Cameroun struggled in most of their friendlies before the world cup and now seem to be getting it right. Germany, Iran, and Costa Rica lost their opening games only to rebound in their second games.

Give Peseiro time. I'm seen more positives than negatives in our friendlies and think the results will improve. It's way too early to be talking about a replacement.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

olu wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:17 pm Can't believe there's so much uproar over friendly games. Ghana and Cameroun struggled in most of their friendlies before the world cup and now seem to be getting it right. Germany, Iran, and Costa Rica lost their opening games only to rebound in their second games.

Give Peseiro time. I'm seen more positives than negatives in our friendlies and think the results will improve. It's way too early to be talking about a replacement.
Don't mind these eeediots.

Who fires a coach who has a 100% record in competitive matches because he lost FRIENDLIES.

Have we not already been here before with this dumb way of thinking.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

olu wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:17 pm Can't believe there's so much uproar over friendly games. Ghana and Cameroun struggled in most of their friendlies before the world cup and now seem to be getting it right. Germany, Iran, and Costa Rica lost their opening games only to rebound in their second games.

what positives are you seeing in Passeiro's friendlies?
I am not seeing anything. I am willing to give him more time. But I genuinely think this was a bad hire.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

amafolas wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:58 pm

what positives are you seeing in Passeiro's friendlies?
I am not seeing anything. I am willing to give him more time. But I genuinely think this was a bad hire.
Complete domination over an Ecuador team that is doing well this WC.

And that was with a half full squad, we failed to score so many sitters.

That was actually the best we've played under Peseiro if you are not counting Sao Tome.