African teams should stop trying to change their style of play

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
African teams should stop trying to change their style of play

Post by Bigpokey24 »

We are now so useless at the WC because we are trying to play like what we aren't ..play with what we used in the past.. Speed and power.. all these useless pointless passes CAF teams are now playing offers horrible 1st round exits.. we are about to pull a back to back 1st round exist..use what we are used to. use speed like the SE in 94, Power like Cameroon in 1990.. Pace and power by Senegal in 2002.

today just look at the useless copy copy wannabe football we are playing ..too much European influence..no wonder they will continue to dominate the WC..even South Americans are going their way as well, wanting to the like Europeans
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: African teams should stop trying to change their style of play

Post by Synopsis »

Let’s bring back Egu so we can go back to playing wing play like the good times of the 90’s. :thumbs:
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Synopsis wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:43 pm Let’s bring back Egu so we can go back to playing wing play like the good times of the 90’s. :thumbs:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Look at how far that got us.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

packerland wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:48 pm
Synopsis wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:43 pm Let’s bring back Egu so we can go back to playing wing play like the good times of the 90’s. :thumbs:
We really have to acknowledge that this not about FC or LC but appointing an affordable good manager with a track record of winning or a manager who has the personality to grow with the team. We have reviewed records of previous Nigerian managers and there is nothing that points to an FC being better than an LC. Nothing at all.
Last edited by Enugu II on Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:54 pm
We really have to acknowledge that this not about FC or LC but appointing an affordable good manager with a track record of winning or a manager who has the personality to grow with the team. We have reviewed records of previous Nigerian managers and their is nothing that points to an FC being better than an LC. Nothing at all.
I’m not arguing. Would you also agree that the record shows that LC is not better than FC? Tell me any manager with a good record that won’t cost as twice as much as we are paying Peseiro?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I have to be honest here I don’t give a damn what other African countries do. I am only interested in the improvement of Nigerian football what usually happens is the team is sabotaged by Nigerians.

A few not so clever individuals that shout the loudest and have influence have sabotaged the team. We were told removing Rohr just before the Afcon was to avert disaster; guess what Nigeria experienced the worst Afcon in 35 years. Rather then remove the caretaker coach (who was clearly out of his depth) they left him in charge of the final World Cup qualifying games…………. You have to be really really stupid to be the person that made these decisions.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Flex Swift wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:14 pm I have to be honest here I don’t give a damn what other African countries do. I am only interested in the improvement of Nigerian football what usually happens is the team is sabotaged by Nigerians.

A few not so clever individuals that shout the loudest and have influence have sabotaged the team. We were told removing Rohr just before the Afcon was to avert disaster; guess what Nigeria experienced the worst Afcon in 35 years. Rather then remove the caretaker coach (who was clearly out of his depth) they left him in charge of the final World Cup qualifying games…………. You have to be really really stupid to be the person that made these decisions.
Nigeria v Central African Republic | FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Qualifier
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Flex Swift wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:14 pm I have to be honest here I don’t give a damn what other African countries do. I am only interested in the improvement of Nigerian football what usually happens is the team is sabotaged by Nigerians.

They wanted to fire Rohr, use Egu for AFCON, see how it goes and then either keep him or hire a new FC. Where they failed was to have the funds to hire the new coach in place before letting go of Rohr. That was such an amateur move. When the funds didn’t arrive, they went back to Egu which is why we are watching the WC on tv.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:39 pm

Nigeria v Central African Republic | FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Qualifier
I wasn’t against firing Rohr just that timing was wrong. He should gone after the last World Cup where he went to learn. Or after the last Afcon when we lost to Algeria in the Semi finals but not on the eve of Afcon. Like said very very stupid people were in charge
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:54 pm
We really have to acknowledge that this not about FC or LC but appointing an affordable good manager with a track record of winning or a manager who has the personality to grow with the team. We have reviewed records of previous Nigerian managers and their is nothing that points to an FC being better than an LC. Nothing at all.
No decent manager will wait patiently unpaid in Nigeria whilst the locals try to convince him that Nigeria should be winning the World Cup,you get what you pay for and if you don’t pay on time you definitely shouldn’t expect much.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI