I see why Ghana beat us

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg
I see why Ghana beat us

Post by waka-man »

It’s not quality, although they’re not as bad as we make out.
It’s fight. There’s belief there.
They’re taking a battering in possession terms from Portugal but they’re sticking at it.
Tons of hustle, tons of endeavour.
No accident that they came to Nigeria and got a draw.

Now if Kundus can get himself further up the pitch they might just have a chance in this group.

They lack quality, but I like them all the same.

By the way, if Portugal thought playing SE was good prep for Ghana, they were sadly mistaken. Nigeria at the moment is like puff puff. Ghana are like dried meat.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
wazobia
Egg
Egg
Re: I see why Ghana beat us

Post by wazobia »

Ghana really gave it a go and were unlucky with refereeing as is usual. Unfortunately they are in a difficult group and are unlikely to make it through the group
WOWO = ONO (oh no!) = OBO

WOWO 'We only want Oyinbo'

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

waka-man wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:19 pm It’s not quality, although they’re not as bad as we make out.
They’re taking a battering in possession terms from Portugal but they’re sticking at it.

Now if Kundus can get himself further up the pitch they might just have a chance in this group.

By the way, if Portugal thought playing SE was good prep for Ghana, they were sadly mistaken. Nigeria at the moment is like puff puff. Ghana are like dried meat.
when did ghan beat us? i thought both games ended in a draw? Please post the video
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

You people are delusional. Ghana got beat fair, square and straight, in spite of their efforts or how hard they played. Africans need to learn to respect the result and stop looking for gratuity outside of the scoreboard.
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:08 pm
waka-man wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:19 pm It’s not quality, although they’re not as bad as we make out.

when did ghan beat us? i thought both games ended in a draw? Please post the video
They’re at the World Cup and you’re not. If you need to watch videos, go to YouTube.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Ghana bear us cos they were better coached and more organized.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

waka-man wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:12 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:08 pm

They’re at the World Cup and you’re not. If you need to watch videos, go to YouTube.
you get issues with me? Spill it out.. Did Egypt lose out due to PKS? did ALgeria miss out due to away goals?

shows how little you know about football...ghana lost, they are currently last in their group...zero points....
SuperEagles

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Nigeria was denied a stone wall penalty in the first leg. Nigeria had its second goal overturned by VAR in the second leg. Ghana were injuring all our players. Our starting left back could not play the second leg having been kicked all over the field even Bonnke was injured and didn’t play second leg.

Happy Portugal finish performing Doggy style on Ghana
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I know it's a story of woulda, coulda, shoulda, but Nigeria was some smart midfield selections away from actually beating Ghana on both legs (considering the fact that we had the better Xgs in an otherwise terrible game of football), from my recollection alone, either of Aribo, Moses and Osimhen could have scored in that first leg at Kumasi had they used their brains better...that's why I'll never forgive Eguavoen for picking a midfield of Etebo, Aribo, Bonke and Onyeka...three of these players were still recovering from injuries and hadn't even played any minutes of football at their clubs.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

olu wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:14 pm Ghana bear us cos they were better coached and more organized.
guess what, ghana lost today, the last time they won a game at the worldcup was in 2010 vs the USA ...guess what they will lose again ..come friday next week, they will all be in MaLoka Market in Accra buying christmas chicken to wash with their wache and kenken

a fluke park the bus team... who scores when losing then proceed to celebrate... smh
SuperEagles

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Straight from the kick off Ghana commenced kicking the Nigeria players Bonnke injured Chukweze injured Sanusi injured Ola Ania injured. The ref turned a blind eye to the violence. Two footed tackle on Victor ref waves play on.

Turned down a stone wall penalty. Now today having lost to Portugal they want sympathy from Nigeria…..

we are all Africans we are black we are brothers we are neighbors.

Ghana people always envious of Nigerians …….pissed off because our music has gone global….Nollywood global they are always peeping over the fence
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Flex Swift wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:32 pm Straight from the kick off Ghana commenced kicking the Nigeria players Bonnke injured Chukweze injured Sanusi injured Ola Ania injured. The ref turned a blind eye to the violence. Two footed tackle on Victor ref waves play on.

Turned down a stone wall penalty. Now today having lost to Portugal they want sympathy from Nigeria…..

we are all Africans we are black we are brothers we are neighbors.

Ghana people always envious of Nigerians …….pissed off because our music has gone global….Nollywood global they are always peeping over the fence
This is very unnecessary though
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

When did Ghana beat us?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

1naija wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:05 pm When did Ghana beat us?
They beat us to the WC ticket? Away goal rule count o!
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

packerland wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:39 pm
They were desperate to go cheating South Africa with the fake pen, then they attempted to maim the Nigerian players……. let them go. They are now being exposed
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Last edited by packerland on Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

packerland wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:43 pm You would think Ghana will be the ones to be cheated because the CAF president is from SA.
This is why I don’t trust corrupt African referees because we think they are getting orders from those above them but in reality they are the ones acting on their own, placing bets & controlling outcomes of games.
How exactly did Ghana get cheated? both teams had it bad with terrible officiating and it can be argued that Ronaldo's first goal was wrongly disallowed, Ghana played well but they didn't do enough to really hurt Portugal
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Flex Swift wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:45 pm
packerland wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:39 pm
They were desperate to go cheating South Africa with the fake pen, then they attempted to maim the Nigerian players……. let them go. They are now being exposed
You would think Ghana will be the ones to be cheated because the CAF president is from SA.
This is why I don’t trust corrupt African referees because we think they are getting orders from those above them but in reality they are the ones acting on their own, placing bets & controlling outcomes of games.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:09 am
packerland wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:43 pm You would think Ghana will be the ones to be cheated because the CAF president is from SA.
How exactly did Ghana get cheated? both teams had it bad with terrible officiating and it can be argued that Ronaldo's first goal was wrongly disallowed, Ghana played well but they didn't do enough to really hurt Portugal
I was talking about the Ghana vs SA WCQ
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Flex Swift wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:34 pm Nigeria was denied a stone wall penalty in the first leg. Nigeria had its second goal overturned by VAR in the second leg. Ghana were injuring all our players. Our starting left back could not play the second leg having been kicked all over the field even Bonnke was injured and didn’t play second leg.

Naw. Aside from the PK denied in Kumasi we fumbled the ticket. 1st that mumu Pinnick allowed the game to be played in Kumasi after they delibrately vanadalised the Cape Coast stadium, 2ndly the NFF put the game in Abuja instead of Uyo which the SE players had said multiple times that it was their stadium of choice.

During the game Aribo and that Block Head Simon Moses missed gilt edged chances. That game should have been wrapped up like MoiMoi in Kumasi.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:36 am
Flex Swift wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:34 pm Nigeria was denied a stone wall penalty in the first leg. Nigeria had its second goal overturned by VAR in the second leg. Ghana were injuring all our players. Our starting left back could not play the second leg having been kicked all over the field even Bonnke was injured and didn’t play second leg.

Naw. Aside from the PK denied in Kumasi we fumbled the ticket. 1st that mumu Pinnick allowed the game to be played in Kumasi after they delibrately vanadalised the Cape Coast stadium, 2ndly the NFF put the game in Abuja instead of Uyo which the SE players had said multiple times that it was their stadium of choice.

During the game Aribo and that Block Head Simon Moses missed gilt edged chances. That game should have been wrapped up like MoiMoi in Kumasi.
The Aribo miss was particularly annoying, a very inviting cross and he had only the Ghanaian goalie to beat, my man sent the ball over the bar...we have some really bones headed players, worst of all is Simon Moses
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:40 am
bret- hart wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:36 am

The Aribo miss was particularly annoying, a very inviting cross and he had only the Ghanaian goalie to beat, my man sent the ball over the bar...we have some really bones headed players, worst of all is Simon Moses
It wasn’t meant to be. Sometimes Karma came back to bite us for the wrong done by the people in charge of our football. After the WCQ failure a handful of our players starting banging in goals for their clubs including Aribo.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Nothing special about Ghana. Any team that can play as a team will beat Nigeria, who still rely on individual play rather than team play
I am happy