IVE FINALLY FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM WITH SE & CAF TEAMS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: IVE FINALLY FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM WITH SE & CAF TEAMS

Post by amafolas »

Robotnik wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:07 pm It doesn't matter what it is. Like I have always said, if your players cannot trap ball there is only so far the team can go.. We do not have players with close first touch and good ball control.
wrong. you can go a long way even with players of limited talent, by being super organized, being well conditioned, playing a style that suits your talent, and playing with heart. The ceiling for this approach is a world cup semi.
yes at the end of the day talent speaks.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Robotnik wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:07 pm It doesn't matter what it is. Like I have always said, if your players cannot trap ball there is only so far the team can go.. We do not have players with close first touch and good ball control.
And why’s that?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

amafolas wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:57 pm
wrong. you can go a long way even with players of limited talent, by being super organized, being well conditioned, playing a style that suits your talent, and playing with heart. The ceiling for this approach is a world cup semi.
This is nonsense. Listen to Robotnik. What many of you don’t seem to understand well is the difference between chance occurrences and likely outcomes.

If you don’t have quality (in any area of life), you’re not going very far against those that do. Player no sabi trap ball and your talking organization and “heart”. Heart is evenly distributed. Talent is not
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Having players who can "trap ball" has never been our problem.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

amafolas wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:57 pm
:clap: Absolutely, If you also believe that fasting, prayers and blessed handkerchiefs will bring about miracles on the pitch.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:21 pm Having players who can "trap ball" has never been our problem.
As you know already, Robotnik didn’t mean that as literally as you’re implying …but if you haven’t seen the technical deficits in our players, you’re not really watching
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The 2013 SE under Keshi that won the AFCON were the least talented set of players we assembled save for a few like Victor Moses, Mikel Obi and to some lesser extent Emenike, yet they beat some of more touted favorites to win the AFCON. I believe that feat was achievable because Keshi had that team playing to a very unique system that brought out the best in the players, sometimes you don't need world beaters in your team to flourish, just adopt a system that works for you and stick to it.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:40 am The 2013 SE under Keshi that won the AFCON were the least talented set of players we assembled save for a few like Victor Moses, Mikel Obi and to some lesser extent Emenike, yet they beat some of more touted favorites to win the AFCON. I believe that feat was achievable because Keshi had that team playing to a very unique system that brought out the best in the players, sometimes you don't need world beaters in your team to flourish, just adopt a system that works for you and stick to it.
The team overall wasn't all that individually, but they had some very key players who we would kill to have on our current team.

Mikel
Moses
Enyeama
Onazi

All 4 of those players would easily start for our current team and were all worth their weight in gold. We would not have achieved zilch if we even lost one of those players.

Those 4 were superstars.

We saw the drastic drop in quality vs France once Onazi went out.
Calculator
Egg
Egg

Post by Calculator »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:19 pm Watching this world cup and reflecting on past ones, its become painfully obvious to me what the problem with SE and AFrican teams in general is, and its not what most people think, though I have seen some highlight this before.

It's not the players quality, absolutely not.

SE have the players to make a quarterfinal run, make no mistake about it. So do teams like Senegal, Morocco, even Ghana.

I dont ever want to hear that our players are not good enough. There is a problem with our players, but it isn't that they "aren't good enough"

It also IS NOT the coaching. I am not saying that the coaching cannot improve, because it can, but that is not the MAIN PROBLEM with SE and African teams in general.

The problem is rather a simple one, but it may be a hard one to fix because of what may be the "AFrican mentality"

THE PROBLEM IS THAT AFRICAN PLAYERS ARE LAZY AND LACK DETERMINATION.

YES IVE SAID IT THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH AFRICAN TEAMS AND THAT IS WHAT WILL KEEP HOLDING US BACK.

Just look at how sheer determination elevated Japan over Germany. Was it players or coaching ? No it wasn't, it was sheer determination.

Look at how sheer determination made Holland look like amateurs against the Ecuadorian team today.

Look at the sheer determination of Saudi to play to the end and deny the Argentines.

Look at the sheer determination of the Koreans as they hassled the Uruguayans non stop.

Look at the sheer determination of the US against England. (I am still at halftime but you can see that determination is the difference between these 2 teams)

Look at the sheer determination of Iran who lost their opening match 6-2 to come back and win against Wales.

IT IS ABOUT WHO WANTS IT MORE, AND AFRICANS ARE HAPPY TO JUST GO THROUGH THE MOTIONS. PURE LAZINESS AND BIGMANISM.

We think we have arrived when we haven't.

See how pure laziness and lack of determination cost Senegal against Holland, as players were ball watching and Mendy was rooted to his goal. See how pure laziness from Senegal allowed Qatar to score a goal they should not have scored. The determination from Qatar today, had they half the quality of Senegal, they would have won the match. Who remembers how Senegal in 2018 again were ball watching as they allowed Colombia to score a header. Who remembers how in 2014 Ivory Coast allowed the same Colombia to score on them from a corner. It was a tiny player who got it. Disgraceful.

Our 4-0 loss to Portugal the other day was pure lack of will to run and fight on the pitch. Our loss to Argentina in 2018 again pure lack of will to fight for every minute.

Africans are always standing around losing the people they are supposed to mark, they switch off they dont press, they lack the fight.

I put it to you all here today, that this is the main thing holding AFrican football back, its lack of determination and fight for an entire match.

Why do you think the Asian teams are doing better than us ?

Do they have better players ? NO

Do they have better coaches ? Probably yes slightly, but its not about coaching really

Do they fight harder for a full 90 plus minutes ? YES.

People may not want to hear this but it is the absolute truth.

If we look back to when we won AFCON with Keshi, it came down to that match with CIV, and the reason we won was not because we had better players, not even better tactics or coaching. THE PLAYERS WANTED IT MORE, plain and simple.

We need to only call players who will die on the pitch. Primadonnas and lazy players need to be dumped big time.
Yeees! This is what I have been trying to figure out for a long time. African players are just lazy. We refuse to fight like it is the last game on the schedule. As I see it, we have the talent. But we play like big men on the field. We believe we have arrived and our skills we take us to the finish line. If an African like Mbappe can look like a cheetah every time he touches the ball, there is no reason that other African players can't do the same. Please look at Saudi Arabia look so good with players that can't light a candle to the current crop of SE players. We need to put a fighting heart into each an every African player. Our yansh too big to run for 90 minutes like crazy!
If at first you are Failure to Succeed, TRY TRY Again -- According to Basi Okon of Village Headmaster.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lol, but then VE will accuse a coach of being an agent for using ‘hungry’ players rather than the established ones (he’s complaining about) that would be playing big man lazy footie and won’t go all out the country…😝
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:40 am The 2013 SE under Keshi that won the AFCON were the least talented set of players we assembled save for a few like Victor Moses, Mikel Obi and to some lesser extent Emenike, yet they beat some of more touted favorites to win the AFCON. I believe that feat was achievable because Keshi had that team playing to a very unique system that brought out the best in the players, sometimes you don't need world beaters in your team to flourish, just adopt a system that works for you and stick to it.
And when they got to the World Cup, what was the result? Another 2nd round elimination. And the next nations cup? They didn’t even qualify.

For the last 40 years, Nigeria has consistently been one of the best teams at the Afcon. And our numerous bronzes and few golds are evidence of that. And until the Toures came along, we also had the highest profile African players in Europe.

But when it comes to the World Cup, we haven’t cut it in a while. We just don’t measure up, quality wise.

My brother, leave story. Quality is what matters. When you face better quality players, you will falter. “Heart” is nonsense. Everybody has that…or at the very least, can generate it if needed.

I’ve lived in America a long time and have participated in sports at a high level. Forget about the Hollywood depictions of “wanting it bad enough”. Behind all those glorious stories about the triumph of desire lies a very methodical and scientific approach to skill development in sports. When you have that, then you can motivate your players to achieve. Without that, you’re just making noise
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:36 am Lol, but then VE will accuse a coach of being an agent for using ‘hungry’ players rather than the established ones (he’s complaining about) that would be playing big man lazy footie and won’t go all out the country…😝
some of these folks don't know whether they are coming or going.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:50 am
The team overall wasn't all that individually, but they had some very key players who we would kill to have on our current team.

Mikel
Moses
Enyeama
Onazi

All 4 of those players would easily start for our current team and were all worth their weight in gold. We would not have achieved zilch if we even lost one of those players.

Those 4 were superstars.

We saw the drastic drop in quality vs France once Onazi went out.
And they failed to qualify for the ANC before and after :taunt:

I know that giving any credit to the big boss will continue to be a problem for you. You cannot bring yourself to admit how wrong you are

And the superstar was Sunday Mba the Elephant slayer :clap:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

First; are we talking about mental laziness and attributing same to African genetics ?
I can’t even begin to phantom that forumers are this lazy and are actually replying without first even attempting to address that point alone. May be the thread starter is after all right, we are lazy.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Our 2013 team was packed with talent compared to our current team.

Vincent Enyeama <= Kai, we can only dream of having a keeper like this now.
Kenneth Omeruo
Godfrey Oboabona
Elderson Echiéjilé
Efe Ambrose
Mikel Obi
Ogenyi Onazi
Emmanuel Emenike
Victor Moses

Just look at this team. You can see a SOLID spine from back to front. Some of those players faded in later years and were derided here, but in 2013 they were at their peak or close. Even Yobo, who was still a decent player at that time (as he proved at the 2014 WC) couldn't secure a place in that team.

The only players from our current team that'll make the 2013 first team (on current form), are Osimhen and maybe Iwobi.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Calculator wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:21 am
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:19 pm Watching this world cup and reflecting on past ones, its become painfully obvious to me what the problem with SE and AFrican teams in general is, and its not what most people think, though I have seen some highlight this before.

SE have the players to make a quarterfinal run, make no mistake about it. So do teams like Senegal, Morocco, even Ghana.

I dont ever want to hear that our players are not good enough. There is a problem with our players, but it isn't that they "aren't good enough"

It also IS NOT the coaching. I am not saying that the coaching cannot improve, because it can, but that is not the MAIN PROBLEM with SE and African teams in general.

The problem is rather a simple one, but it may be a hard one to fix because of what may be the "AFrican mentality"

YES IVE SAID IT THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH AFRICAN TEAMS AND THAT IS WHAT WILL KEEP HOLDING US BACK.

Just look at how sheer determination elevated Japan over Germany. Was it players or coaching ? No it wasn't, it was sheer determination.

Look at how sheer determination made Holland look like amateurs against the Ecuadorian team today.

Look at the sheer determination of Saudi to play to the end and deny the Argentines.

Look at the sheer determination of the Koreans as they hassled the Uruguayans non stop.

Look at the sheer determination of the US against England. (I am still at halftime but you can see that determination is the difference between these 2 teams)

Look at the sheer determination of Iran who lost their opening match 6-2 to come back and win against Wales.

IT IS ABOUT WHO WANTS IT MORE, AND AFRICANS ARE HAPPY TO JUST GO THROUGH THE MOTIONS. PURE LAZINESS AND BIGMANISM.

See how pure laziness and lack of determination cost Senegal against Holland, as players were ball watching and Mendy was rooted to his goal. See how pure laziness from Senegal allowed Qatar to score a goal they should not have scored. The determination from Qatar today, had they half the quality of Senegal, they would have won the match. Who remembers how Senegal in 2018 again were ball watching as they allowed Colombia to score a header. Who remembers how in 2014 Ivory Coast allowed the same Colombia to score on them from a corner. It was a tiny player who got it. Disgraceful.

Our 4-0 loss to Portugal the other day was pure lack of will to run and fight on the pitch. Our loss to Argentina in 2018 again pure lack of will to fight for every minute.

Africans are always standing around losing the people they are supposed to mark, they switch off they dont press, they lack the fight.

I put it to you all here today, that this is the main thing holding AFrican football back, its lack of determination and fight for an entire match.

Do they have better coaches ? Probably yes slightly, but its not about coaching really

If we look back to when we won AFCON with Keshi, it came down to that match with CIV, and the reason we won was not because we had better players, not even better tactics or coaching. THE PLAYERS WANTED IT MORE, plain and simple.

We need to only call players who will die on the pitch. Primadonnas and lazy players need to be dumped big time.
Yeees! This is what I have been trying to figure out for a long time. African players are just lazy. We refuse to fight like it is the last game on the schedule. As I see it, we have the talent. But we play like big men on the field. We believe we have arrived and our skills we take us to the finish line. If an African like Mbappe can look like a cheetah every time he touches the ball, there is no reason that other African players can't do the same. Please look at Saudi Arabia look so good with players that can't light a candle to the current crop of SE players. We need to put a fighting heart into each an every African player. Our yansh too big to run for 90 minutes like crazy!
oh my goodness, a TV watcher calling a professional football player who earns a living by running Lazy...wonders will never end.. Kai. I will like to see you run 3 miles... The internet has really made a lot of folks think so highly of themselves smh..carry on .. hmm a footballer is lazy eh?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Orion wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:12 am
Our 2013 team was packed with talent compared to our current team.

Vincent Enyeama <= Kai, we can only dream of having a keeper like this now.
Kenneth Omeruo
Godfrey Oboabona
Elderson Echiéjilé
Efe Ambrose
Mikel Obi
Ogenyi Onazi
Emmanuel Emenike
Victor Moses

Just look at this team. You can see a SOLID spine from back to front. Some of those players faded in later years and were derided here, but in 2013 they were at their peak or close. Even Yobo, who was still a decent player at that time (as he proved at the 2014 WC) couldn't secure a place in that team.

The only players from our current team that'll make the 2013 first team (on current form), are Osimhen and maybe Iwobi.
guess what, they were all born in Nigeria
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

deanotito wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:41 am
And when they got to the World Cup, what was the result? Another 2nd round elimination. And the next nations cup? They didn’t even qualify.

For the last 40 years, Nigeria has consistently been one of the best teams at the Afcon. And our numerous bronzes and few golds are evidence of that. And until the Toures came along, we also had the highest profile African players in Europe.

But when it comes to the World Cup, we haven’t cut it in a while. We just don’t measure up, quality wise.

My brother, leave story. Quality is what matters. When you face better quality players, you will falter. “Heart” is nonsense. Everybody has that…or at the very least, can generate it if needed.

I’ve lived in America a long time and have participated in sports at a high level. Forget about the Hollywood depictions of “wanting it bad enough”. Behind all those glorious stories about the triumph of desire lies a very methodical and scientific approach to skill development in sports. When you have that, then you can motivate your players to achieve. Without that, you’re just making noise
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Calculator
Egg
Egg

Post by Calculator »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:27 am
Calculator wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:21 am

oh my goodness, a TV watcher calling a professional football player who earns a living by running Lazy...wonders will never end.. Kai. I will like to see you run 3 miles... The internet has really made a lot of folks think so highly of themselves smh..carry on .. hmm a footballer is lazy eh?
Interesting you know me and what I can do. But I can assure you that running 3 miles during a football game has never been an issue for me. The level I've played the game and where it took me is not necessary for me to have an opinion.
If at first you are Failure to Succeed, TRY TRY Again -- According to Basi Okon of Village Headmaster.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Calculator wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:27 am
Interesting you know me and what I can do. But I can assure you that running 3 miles during a football game has never been an issue for me. The level I've played the game and where it took me is not necessary for me to have an opinion.
I don't know you and it's by chance i was able to read such a very unintelligent comment with zero critical thinking applied to it from you. I have no intentions of getting to know you at all , real talk.

You claim you were an athlete or you played the game, no so called athlete would call a professional athlete lazy. My goodness... you call a man who earns a living chasing a ball lazy . Ok oooo
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:27 am oh my goodness, a TV watcher calling a professional football player who earns a living by running Lazy...wonders will never end.. Kai. I will like to see you run 3 miles... The internet has really made a lot of folks think so highly of themselves smh..carry on .. hmm a footballer is lazy eh?
If you didn’t spend your whole life planted in front of your TV and computer eating pork with your no neck and notching up 100,000 posts on CE you might not see running 3 miles as a superhuman feat. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:34 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:27 am oh my goodness, a TV watcher calling a professional football player who earns a living by running Lazy...wonders will never end.. Kai. I will like to see you run 3 miles... The internet has really made a lot of folks think so highly of themselves smh..carry on .. hmm a footballer is lazy eh?
If you didn’t spend your whole life in front of your computer eating pork with your no neck and notching up 100,000 posts on CE you might not see running 3 miles as a superhuman feat. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
damunkey , finally you show face. We all know you are baled , fat and very round. We saw you on the zoom call. It's Ok . If you cut down on the carbs, it will do you a whole lot. You can incorporate running, cycling and probably weight lifting .

I am very confident you cannot stand toe to toe against me ( before i fractured my ankle , 3 weeks ago) when it comes to push ups, running , cycling and weight lifting . This is a fact. You are a fat man and you need to work on ensuring your BP, Cholesterol, body fat , BMI are all at a healthy level . Shocking you are a doctor according to CE..but you should know better

The new year is around the corner, ensure you start working on improving your health. You do not want to be catching your breath when the next world-cup comes around. i am giving you 3 years to lose just 20lbs
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:44 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:34 am
If you didn’t spend your whole life in front of your computer eating pork with your no neck and notching up 100,000 posts on CE you might not see running 3 miles as a superhuman feat. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
damunkey , finally you show face. We all know you are baled , fat and very round. We saw you on the zoom call. It's Ok . If you cut down on the carbs, it will do you a whole lot. You can incorporate running, cycling and probably weight lifting .

I am very confident you cannot stand toe to toe against me ( before i fractured my ankle , 3 weeks ago) when it comes to push ups, running , cycling and weight lifting . This is a fact. You are a fat man and you need to work on ensuring your BP, Cholesterol, body fat , BMI are all at a healthy level . Shocking you are a doctor according to CE..but you should know better

The new year is around the corner, ensure you start working on improving your health. You do not want to be catching your breath when the next world-cup comes around. i am giving you 3 years to lose just 20lbs
Awwww, you fractured your ankle?
Sorry bro.

It couldn’t take your weight.
You should get out more. Seriously. Too much CE for one man. :rotf:

Do you need any help with your groceries?
I’ve got a friend near your neck of the woods that I can call to do some healthy shopping for you.
No more pork for starters. :thumb: