Meanwhile Flying Eagles resume camping...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Meanwhile Flying Eagles resume camping...

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so you are telling me this dude is younger than 21? who ever said so, craze dey worry am
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Sunset wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:11 am
bret- hart wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:14 am
Otitokoro wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:04 pm So, why is anyone surprised at the invited players who are overaged, when you have a so called coach who is not only incompetent, but a renowned cheat himself?
This is someone who was fired as FE coach in 2009 for incompetence, but was brought back to the same post over 10 years later. In between, our local NPFL coaches found it in their infinite wisdom to elect him as President of the Coaches Association, in spite of him being fired from numerous head coach posts in the NPFL due to his gross incompetence.
Now this is the person Nigeria has decided to place the mantle of grooming our next U20 generation with, and of course, not to mention the numerous allegations of bribery and pay-to-play schemes under this his current reign.
Nigeria we hail thee!
I tell you. We are seriously flirting with a FIFA ban. All it takes is a simple YouTube search by our future opponents and evidence go plenty. This was how Morocco got Ghana kicked out of the Womens U17 world cup. Honestly Landan Bozzo needs to be let go.
If you look at the latest set of players in the match reports, you'll see that most of the questionable players aren't in camp anymore so at least there's some semblance of competency but at the same time those errors shouldn't be made in the first place.
They usually test the mic and then do the needful if the noise is much. As you said, they shouldn’t be making such obvious errors in the first place.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Sunset wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:11 am
bret- hart wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:14 am
Otitokoro wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:04 pm So, why is anyone surprised at the invited players who are overaged, when you have a so called coach who is not only incompetent, but a renowned cheat himself?
This is someone who was fired as FE coach in 2009 for incompetence, but was brought back to the same post over 10 years later. In between, our local NPFL coaches found it in their infinite wisdom to elect him as President of the Coaches Association, in spite of him being fired from numerous head coach posts in the NPFL due to his gross incompetence.
Now this is the person Nigeria has decided to place the mantle of grooming our next U20 generation with, and of course, not to mention the numerous allegations of bribery and pay-to-play schemes under this his current reign.
Nigeria we hail thee!
I tell you. We are seriously flirting with a FIFA ban. All it takes is a simple YouTube search by our future opponents and evidence go plenty. This was how Morocco got Ghana kicked out of the Womens U17 world cup. Honestly Landan Bozzo needs to be let go.
If you look at the latest set of players in the match reports, you'll see that most of the questionable players aren't in camp anymore so at least there's some semblance of competency but at the same time those errors shouldn't be made in the first place.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

He was amongst the best rookies of the NPFL last season and Remo's biggest attacking threat in their continental run so this isn't that much of a surprise.
FEATURE: Adams Olamilekan becoming an embodiment of charisma and inspiration for Flying Eagles
https://futbalgalore.com.ng/2022/12/16/ ... ng-eagles/

By Ademetan Abayomi -December 16, 2022181 0
Forward Adams Olamilekan has continued to keep tongues wagging in the Flying Eagles camp with his superlative contributions for the team.

Olamilekan scored a brilliant free kick as the Nigeria U20 defeated Wikki Tourists 2-0 in a friendly on Thursday.

The Remo Stars youngster is a master of his own destiny and also blessed with special presence on the field which many would dearly like to acquire.

So much about football is about temperament: the carpe diem certitude that Olamilekan has always maintained.

The point of the history lesson is that the 18-year-old is not a static entity. He churns and evolves. Ubiquity has been the reason Olamilekan has become so important for the Flying Eagles.

He is lionhearted thoroughly modern in his use of leadership on the field to promote confidence and knows how to cope with pressure. This support strikes a chord with his colleagues who responds with total perfection.

Who doesn’t love a player who is prepared to step in the void of offensive role behind the striker; and who doesn’t like a player who is almost ready to play any role his coach assigns him to fetch results?

He is ambitious, explosive and quick, and has dense aggression. He provides the best blend of left – footed thrust, incisive assist and has cold blooded finishing.

Adam Olamilekan will certainly help Flying Eagles achieve greatness because he is provider and finisher.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

As Nigeria should have learnt, it only takes one bad apple to ruin the basket (case in point, Samson Siasia).
Therefore, a zero-tolerance for age cheating should be the standard, not a 'semblance of competency' (which does not exonerate the country from potential FIFA punishment).

In this day and age of technology, how difficult was it for him to have done some internet research on the players he called to camp? Shouldn't the checks and verifications have been conducted PRIOR to inviting these grown men to camp?
For someone who was the President of the Nigerian Coach's Association, Ladan 'bozo' Bosso is not only incompetent, he comes across as incredibly stupid.
Sunset wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:11 am If you look at the latest set of players in the match reports, you'll see that most of the questionable players aren't in camp anymore so at least there's some semblance of competency but at the same time those errors shouldn't be made in the first place.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Sunset wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:10 pm

:oops:
You can't tell anyone's age range from his picture.

Sincerely,

Uncles Gotti and EII
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Adams Olamilekan nets late equalizer as Nigeria U20 share spoils with Nasarawa United
https://futbalgalore.com.ng/2022/12/16/ ... nt5CA31ToM
By Ademetan Abayomi -December 16, 202293 0

An experimental Flying Eagles side fought back from a goal down to draw 1-1 with Nasarawa United in a friendly match today FIFA Goal Project Pitch, Futbalgalore.com.ng reports.

The Solid Miners stunned their hosts through Ikenna Offor who scored from the penalty spot in the 69th minute.

With four minutes left on the clock, Flying Eagles levelled matters as the keeper failed to hold on to Wilfred George’s effort. The rebound fell to the path of Adams Olamilekan who showed gratitude with the equalizer.

The national U20 team paraded fringe players in the first half and they could even have won this test game but for the agility of the goalkeeper of their opponents as he pulled off several big saves.

The Flying Eagles are preparing for next year’s U20 AFCON in Egypt.

Ladan Bosso’s boys will face Lobi Stars in another test match on Saturday at FIFA Goal Project Pitch.

Flying Eagles XI Vs Nasarawa United: Nathaniel Nwosu, Njoku Augustine, Agbalaka Solomon, Tambe Nathaniel, Benjamin Frederick, Daniel Daga, Yahaya Ibrahim, Abdulrahman Adam, Olusegun Otusanya, Onuche Ogbule, Jude Sunday

Subs: Saheed Jimoh, Dominion Ohaka, Daniel Bamaiyi, Adio Ojora Mustapha, Ayuba Francis, Umar Shettima, AbdulMajid Ibrahim, Obinna Agha, Israel Joseph, Wilfred George, Onyedikachi Ohanedu
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:23 pmYou can't tell anyone's age range from his picture.

Sincerely,

Uncles Gotti and EII
You mean like this then 19 year old teenager? 8-)

Dude, while I cannot recall ever having any such conversation with YOU (and obviously you do not seem to grasp the nuances of the age-related discourse some of us have had on this forum), the likes of Bigpokey “reliably” informs us that you “look” well past 70 years old, but one can only hope that’s a false positive of ageology (albeit some of you village-reared boys can only ‘approximate’ your age and/or birthdate :lol: ).

For seemingly the zillionth time, what is true of the particular is not necessarily true of the general and (somewhat ironically) vice versa. In other words, the fact that Nigerian 1NAIJA is (for example) a fraudster is not synonymous with all Nigerians (or all Nigerians in diaspora or in Texas) being fraudsters. Neither does a true statement that there many Nigerians involved in crime abroad translate to 1NAIJA and each Nigerian abroad being involved in crime.

I will repeat until blue in the face that I personally cannot vouch for the age of ANYONE - not on CE, FE, SE nor anywhere else (except perhaps for my own family), but I treat each ALLEGATION of age cheating on an INDIVIDUAL basis.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Sunset wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:20 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:54 pm Abeg, who are these ‘Roma Academy’ people?
They're just another Nigerian Academy with a catchy name.
It’s part of the OFFICIAL AS Roma network of football schools around the world (for 5-18 year olds)…

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:14 amI tell you. We are seriously flirting with a FIFA ban. All it takes is a simple YouTube search by our future opponents and evidence go plenty. This was how Morocco got Ghana kicked out of the Womens U17 world cup. Honestly Landan Bozzo needs to be let go.
Nope, that’s NOT “how Morocco got Ghana kicked out of the Women U17 world Cup”…
They beat Ghana on the field of play 4-2 on PKs (after each won 2-0 at home), with the now usual N/African shenanigans!

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

I understand he's confident in his guys but maybe he should focus on what they do at the AFCON before talking about the World Cup

MAIDABOI
Egg
Egg

Post by MAIDABOI »

AC Milan Teen Wonder Tops List Of Five Foreign Based
Players Invited To Join Nigeria U20 Team For U20 AFCON
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/12/ ... ilan-teen-
wonder-tops-list-of-five-foreign-based-players-invited-to-
join-nigeria-u20-team-for-u20-afcon/
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

MAIDABOI wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:36 pm AC Milan Teen Wonder Tops List Of Five Foreign Based
Players Invited To Join Nigeria U20 Team For U20 AFCON
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/12/ ... ilan-teen-
wonder-tops-list-of-five-foreign-based-players-invited-to-
join-nigeria-u20-team-for-u20-afcon/
Sounds about right
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Classic Gotti bait n switch, mixed with the usual, misplaced dose of whataboutism :D :D :D

Gotti wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:04 pm
1naija wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:23 pmYou can't tell anyone's age range from his picture.

Sincerely,

Uncles Gotti and EII
You mean like this then 19 year old teenager? 8-)

Dude, while I cannot recall ever having any such conversation with YOU (and obviously you do not seem to grasp the nuances of the age-related discourse some of us have had on this forum), the likes of Bigpokey “reliably” informs us that you “look” well past 70 years old, but one can only hope that’s a false positive of ageology (albeit some of you village-reared boys can only ‘approximate’ your age and/or birthdate :lol: ).

For seemingly the zillionth time, what is true of the particular is not necessarily true of the general and (somewhat ironically) vice versa. In other words, the fact that Nigerian 1NAIJA is (for example) a fraudster is not synonymous with all Nigerians (or all Nigerians in diaspora or in Texas) being fraudsters. Neither does a true statement that there many Nigerians involved in crime abroad translate to 1NAIJA and each Nigerian abroad being involved in crime.

I will repeat until blue in the face that I personally cannot vouch for the age of ANYONE - not on CE, FE, SE nor anywhere else (except perhaps for my own family), but I treat each ALLEGATION of age cheating on an INDIVIDUAL basis.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

txj wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:58 pm Classic Gotti bait n switch, mixed with the usual, misplaced dose of whataboutism :D :D :D
Unlike your usual resort to childish personal attacks (still befuddled you actually ‘raise’ kids), I let FACTS do the talking…
If Greg Oden was Nigerian, Lookologists like you would proclaim his rash of injuries and early retirement as “proof” of cheating.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gotti wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:52 pm
txj wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:58 pm Classic Gotti bait n switch, mixed with the usual, misplaced dose of whataboutism :D :D :D
Unlike your usual resort to childish personal attacks (still befuddled you actually ‘raise’ kids), I let FACTS do the talking…
If Greg Oden was Nigerian, Lookologists like you would proclaim his rash of injuries and early retirement as “proof” of cheating.

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Classic Gotti misplaced whataboutism.

If Nigeria had the same history of use of appropriate ages like Greg Oden's country, lookology wouldn't exist. Not even in the minds of the grandiloquent.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

No disrespect but this way of thinking is why Nigeria is the way it is. The U.S has never been guilty of age cheating so who cares if Greg Odden looks 40. In the U.S once a child is born, they give you the form to fill out the child’s birth certificate and social security number. The hospital also have their own record. In Nigeria it’s not so easy to verify someone’s age which is why looks is what usually triggers suspicion.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

packerland wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:42 am
No disrespect but this way of thinking is why Nigeria is the way it is. The U.S has never been guilty of age cheating so who cares if Greg Odden looks 40. In the U.S once a child is born, they give you the form to fill out the child’s birth certificate and social security number. The hospital also have their own record. In Nigeria it’s not so easy to verify someone’s age which is why looks is what usually triggers suspicion.

Its the sad reality of our country, where normally educated folks use their education in support of thievery...

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Nigeria coach invites foreign pros for AFCON
https://futbalgalore.com.ng/2022/12/28/ ... for-afcon/
By Ademetan Abayomi -December 28, 20221604 0

Nigeria Manager Ladan Bosso has invited some foreign professionals for the TotalEnergies U20 Africa Cup of Nations, Futbalgalore.com.ng reports.

The invitation letters was mailed to the players’ clubs last week to meet up with global standards.

According to insiders in the team, Bosso sees the importance of having these lads in camp to help his team conquer Africa.

Zalgaris forward Adam Olubi tops the list of foreign pros invited by Bosso.

AS Istanbulspor central defender Michael Ologo is also bound to be on the train.

Others are Abel Ogwuche (Trelleborg) and Lekan Oyedele (Feirense).

Nigeria will play hosts Egypt, Mozambique, and Senegal at the group stage of the 2023 Africa U20 Cup of Nations.

Tournament will be played from 19 February to 11 March 2023 in Egypt: Cairo, Ismailia, and Alexandria.

The top four teams at the championship will secure qualification tickets for the 2023 FIFA U20 World Cup in Indonesia.
No Surprise here, but I don't think his club will release him for the U20 AFCON even though they let him play the home fixture against Tanzania's U23 recently
Sunset wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:10 pm
Michael Ologo - 18
There's not much I know about him except for how well he has been doing in the Turkish 2nd division in his first season of professional football. I've only seen him once but from what I saw he is very good at reading a game both in possession and off it. And for a player that was only playing Academy football until this season that is quite the feat in itself.

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

packerland wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:42 am
Disrespect intended, but obviously yet another one who cannot grasp basic context…
Many of us have said repeatedly on CE that the age-cheating problem is primarily a SYSTEMIC problem.

Nonetheless, how does that change the FACT that (as shown by teenager Oden), you cannot ascertain age merely from looks. Nigerians like you too busy chasing shadows in derogation of substance “is why Nigeria is the way it is”. SMH @ drivel.
Last edited by Gotti on Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

txj wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:14 pmIts the sad reality of our country, where normally educated folks use their education in support of thievery...
You should know, given as you used your “education” in of thievery of AIDS funds with your crooked prof…. :taunt:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Sunset wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:10 amNo Surprise here, but I don't think his club will release him for the U20 AFCON even though they let him play the home fixture against Tanzania's U23 recently
Why not? They may not release for all of the training camp period but U20 AFCON should be FIFA-sanctioned?
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Gotti wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:02 am
Sunset wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:10 amNo Surprise here, but I don't think his club will release him for the U20 AFCON even though they let him play the home fixture against Tanzania's U23 recently
Why not? They may not release for all of the training camp period but U20 AFCON should be FIFA-sanctioned?
It seems like he reclaimed his spot in their 1st XI since his debut with the U23's and with the threat of relegation they're facing I don't think it's to release him at such a crucial period of the season where he's starting to find his feet. Though its totally down to the clubs discretion.