**** was really a useless coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: **** was really a useless coach

Post by waka-man »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:00 am
aruako1 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:33 pm We were conservative and boring against Croatia but remember that they did not have a shot on target until the 52nd minute. They scored with an own goal and a penalty
Morocco also played Croatia very cautious, and they have topped the group.

We were very unlucky against Croatia.
Very unlucky.

The 2018 SE were a decent side. But Rohr’s unwillingness to let the dogs out except under exceptional circumstances like the must wins 2nd half against Iceland and against Cameroon a year later, meant we left early. We should have got something out of both the Croatia and Argentina games.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
kawawa
Egg
Egg
Re: **** was really a useless coach

Post by kawawa »

Rohr did not fail to get us to the WC. He got us to a good place for qualification. Egu blew it not Rohr. Rohr did not ask Ighalo to miss a goal that would have sent us to the round of 16 in 2018. Croatia was better and least we forget played in the final. Comparing the 2018 team and 2022 team for Croats is just illogical.
Rohr played really dumb soccer after the pandemic not sure why but was miles ahead of this new fake dude that BP and anti Rohr gang campaigned for ( anyone but Rohr or ****) and we hired.
The talk of Oliseh for one just drives me bunkers. Why would anyone give this guy our beloved SE ever again?