DAMUNK: Here is the Wage issue of Rohr v Keshi and the rest....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
DAMUNK: Here is the Wage issue of Rohr v Keshi and the rest....

Post by Enugu II »

I know you really did not want this posted. The reality is that it is WHAT IT IS. People may claim expatriate wages, as Txj once did, but we know that there is unevenness in wages. Expatriate or not, has that expatriateness given Nigeria are better outcome over the years? Ask yourself. In all honesty, I really do not care whether we hire an expatriate or not. Ultimately, what matters is winning trophies. We do not EVER AGAIN want a guy hired who racks up the longest serving manager title with a fat salary and yet no trophy.

Well, read on:
Super Eagles Coach Salary: Gernot Rohr And Others Broken Down
https://goalballlive.com/super-eagles-coach-salary/

How much is Super Eagles coach salary? Do you know? If I tell you what Gernot Rohr salary is you’ll start thinking of how you too can become a coach.

Did you know that Rohr receives a monthly salary that’s equivalent to that of the president of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari? I meant the president’s annual salary.

As at 2018, the Super Eagles coach salary was about ₦16.9 million ($45,000) per month, using the then exchange rate of ₦360 to the dollar.

Whereas Nigeria’s president and vice president earn N14 million and N12.1 million annually with a monthly take home pay of ₦252,000 and ₦168,000 respectively, that’s according to the Revenue Mobilization Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC), remuneration package for political, public and judicial office holders since February 2007 till date.

I’m not done yet o.

Did you also know that Gernot Rohr’s salary got a $10,000 increment in 2019 to make his earnings about $55,000?!

Yes.

All these payments excludes win bonuses and other compensation for qualifying for national and international tournaments.

According to Footballlive.ng, president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Melvin Pinnick approved the increment.

Rohr became the world’s 24th highest paid coach from all 32 coaches that handled teams in Russia 2018.

While in Africa, Rohr is third highest paid coach behind Egypt’s Hector Cuper (£1.30m per annum) and Herve Renard of Morocco (£681,000), but ahead of Tunisia chief coach, Nabil Maaloul, who was quoted with £305,500 per annum.

So now, if we were to go by today’s exchange rate of – let’s safely say $1=₦455 – Rohr’s salary should now be about ₦26million, which means he now earns more than President Buhari, whose salary is in Naira and doesn’t change. …OMG!

Isn’t this guy lucky?!

NFF were also alleged to have paid Rohr four times the salary paid to Late Stephen Keshi and Sunday Oliseh.

Despite his failure to lead Nigeria in to defend their AFCON 2013 title in 2015, NFF disclosed that Keshi agreed to a ₦7m monthly salary deal (over $44,000) which will see him earn ₦84M per year.

Oliseh, whom Rohr took over from in August 2016, was on a ₦5 million Naira monthly salary (about $25,000) which sums up to ₦60 million.

Zenith Bank PLC were the one who foot the salary of Sunday Oliseh for a year.

The truth is that most Super Eagles coach salary are usually supported by corporations and companies.

Currently, Rohr had to accept terms of a new contract offered to him by the NFF despite the stringent conditions and a salary slash caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Gernot Rohr now earns $49, 000 – i.e. $6,000 short of his former take home pay.

Some of the new conditions given to Rohr by the NFF are the mandates to win the 2021 AFCON … which has now been moved to 2022, receive his salary in Naira and reside in Nigeria, and also qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.

Rohr has been in charge of the Super Eagles since August 2016, leading the Nigerian national football team to a third-place finish at the 2019 African Cup of Nations in Egypt. His current deal ends on June 30, 2022.
Sunday Oliseh: NFF Pays Gernot Rohr Four Times The Salary Paid To Stephen Keshi And I
https://soccernet.ng/2020/04/sunday-oli ... and-i.html
Imhons Erons by Imhons Erons 3 years ago in AFCON, News, Nigeria 0

The German tactician has been in charge of the Super Eagles since 2016, but the Nigerian legend believes the former Gabon coach has been working under better conditions than any local coach ever enjoyed.

Sunday Oliseh has taken a swipe at the Nigeria Football Federation for paying Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr four times the salary the football body paid to him or the late Stephen Keshi while occupying the post.

The former Juventus midfielder is also displeased that while the NFF usually held on to the stipends of Nigerian coaches, Rohr’s wages have often been paid as at when due.

Former international Keshi skippered Nigeria to glory at the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia, and 19 years later, he guided the Super Eagles to their third continental crown. In so doing, the late gaffer became the first-ever Nigerian to lift the AFCON as a player and a coach.

But he complained incessantly of unpaid wages and bonuses during his four-year spell in charge of the team.

Oliseh, another member of that Tunisia ’94 winning squad, only lasted four months as Super Eagles coach, quitting unceremoniously due to unresolved issues with the Nigeria Football Federation, including unpaid salaries.

The ex-Ajax ace feels it’s unfair treating a coach who has won nothing with the team better than individuals who helped the country to triumphs.

“Truth is, we have a foreign coach now and from what I heard and know, he is being paid four times the wages Stephen Keshi and I were paid, and these are two players (himself and Keshi) who won trophies for Nigeria,” Oliseh told The Punch.

“I’ve never heard Gernot Rohr complain about wages.

“Keshi, while he was coaching, was always complaining, when I was coaching for four months, I was unpaid. For six months, my assistants were unpaid, so I had to leave the job; we were also being frustrated.”
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: DAMUNK: Here is the Wage issue of Rohr v Keshi and the rest....

Post by Lolly »

Chief, I am not sure what the articles you posted tells us.

Btw, none of the articles mentioned that Rohr paid his own assistants from his wages. I am not sure that was the case with Keshi.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:07 pm Chief, I am not sure what the articles you posted tells us.

Btw, none of the articles mentioned that Rohr paid his own assistants from his wages. I am not sure that was the case with Keshi.
That was up to Rohr. If he wants to use his wages to hire own coaches, that is his problem . The NFF provides assistants whom they pay. If you are paid 200k and you decide to hire a gardener and a cook, does that mean you are no longer paid 200K?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:07 pm Chief, I am not sure what the articles you posted tells us.

That was up to Rohr. If he wants to use his wages to hire own coaches, that is his problem . The NFF provides assistants whom they pay. If you are paid 200k and you decide to hire a gardener and a cook, does that mean you are no longer paid 200K?

Nevertheless, the pay for Oliseh and Keshi are their pay, right? I guess because they stuck with the assistants that NFF suggested and in a case or two the monies they allocated to managers are still assigned to them? Not so?

:rotf: :rotf:

Why have you nit tried the angle of expatriate compensation?

Whatever angle you choose, the outcomes in Rohr's case was meager given the outlay of funds. We, as Keshi's case demonstrates, can obtain more by paying less.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:11 pm I know you really did not want this posted. The reality is that it is WHAT IT IS. People may claim expatriate wages, as Txj once did, but we know that there is unevenness in wages. Expatriate or not, has that expatriateness given Nigeria are better outcome over the years? Ask yourself. In all honesty, I really do not care whether we hire an expatriate or not. Ultimately, what matters is winning trophies. We do not EVER AGAIN want a guy hired who racks up the longest serving manager title with a fat salary and yet no trophy.
Jeez Prof, why would you even say this?
I dont want it posted becos why?
Am I not the one that has been prompting you to do the research and bring up the figures?
You actually think I haven’t done my own research before asking you to verify or refute?

Na wa o.
Everything here is about scoring a point in any way possible.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:46 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:11 pm I know you really did not want this posted. The reality is that it is WHAT IT IS. People may claim expatriate wages, as Txj once did, but we know that there is unevenness in wages. Expatriate or not, has that expatriateness given Nigeria are better outcome over the years? Ask yourself. In all honesty, I really do not care whether we hire an expatriate or not. Ultimately, what matters is winning trophies. We do not EVER AGAIN want a guy hired who racks up the longest serving manager title with a fat salary and yet no trophy.
Am I not the one that has been prompting you to do the research and bring up the figures?
You actually think I haven’t done my own research before asking you to verify or refute?

Na wa o.
Damunk

I expected you to know this already and was taken aback when you asked me to find the stuff. This is something that I believe you already know and if I am not mistaken it is a topic already discussed here a few years back.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:36 am

Na wa o.
Damunk
I expected you to know this already and was taken aback when you asked me to find the stuff. This is something that I believe you already know and if I am not mistaken it is a topic already discussed here a few years back.
I have already mentioned that there has been a point of dispute between myself and TTTK and that I wanted you to serve as a referee. Your response is directed at me and me alone. You’ve not even asked what the dispute was and what TTTK has been claiming. But maybe it doesn’t matter? :lol:
No be fight, but I expected you to be neutral in this and not coming with preconceptions.

All we needed to know is what their documented salaries were, the difference, by how much and whether one was indeed earning “four times” (or did he even say ‘seven times’ self?) what another was earning as authoritatively claimed. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
But it’s okay. You are being diplomatic.
I get it. :lol:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:41 pm

So we can conclude that it doesn’t add up to 4 to times or 7 times what Keshi and the others earned as the article portrays.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:58 am
Enugu II wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:36 am

Na wa o.
Damunk
I have already mentioned that there has been a point of dispute between myself and TTTK and that I wanted you to serve as a referee. Your response is directed at me and me alone. You’ve not even asked what the dispute was and what TTTK has been claiming. But maybe it doesn’t matter? :lol:
No be fight, but I expected you to be neutral in this and not coming with preconceptions.

All we needed to know is what their documented salaries were, the difference, by how much and whether one was indeed earning “four times” (or did he even say ‘seven times’ self?) what another was earning as authoritatively claimed. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
But it’s okay. You are being diplomatic.
I get it. :lol:
Damunk

Not aware of being asked as an arbiter. I already have a position on this based on documented material.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Paying the Nigerian football coach $45K a month is absolutely scandalous. There is no basis for a developing country that has never gone past the 2nd round of the World Cup and which has won 1 trophy in 28 years, to pay its football coach such a large salary.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wiseone wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:13 pm :)
Paying the Nigerian football coach $45K a month is absolutely scandalous. There is no basis for a developing country that has never gone past the 2nd round of the World Cup and which has won 1 trophy in 28 years, to pay its football coach such a large salary.
So are you also saying Keshi’s $31k/month salary was undeserved?
Or Oliseh’s (roughly $25k/month) salary?

Senegal’s Cisse is on just over $27,000/month, the second lowest in the World Cup.

How much are you proposing? :D:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:02 am
wiseone wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:13 pm :)

Senegal’s Cisse is on just over $27,000/month, the second lowest in the World Cup.

What exchange rate are you using to arrive at $31K? Since Keshi was being paid in Naira, you can’t use the official rate in 2014 because if Keshi wanted to convert his money to dollars, he would have gone to the parallel market where the exchange rate was significantly higher❗️

Cheers.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I have no idea what you are talking about. My post was about $45K a month salary for the Nigerian manager so I do not know why you are citing the $27K salary of the Senegalese coach and other salaries.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wiseone wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:47 am I have no idea what you are talking about. My post was about $45K a month salary for the Nigerian manager so I do not know why you are citing the $27K salary of the Senegalese coach and other salaries.

Because those ‘other salaries’ belong to Martians, abi?
Ok. :rotf: