I've seen enough in this world cup to suggest...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
I've seen enough in this world cup to suggest...

Post by Tobi17 »

That anybody who still defends Rohr must either be a minimalist, must have the lowest form of self-esteem, or just subtly hates everything about Nigeria.

You don't have to have "world class" players to play good football and compete, and before the "oh but you haven't fixed your league" crew come for me, 80% of the Morrocan players that are playing some of the best football in this tournament were born or raised in France (go and verify), same with Senegal...so yes two truths can co-exist, we can fix our local football league while still assembling a solid core of talented players who can play well within a system under a tactically astute coach...we've actually been scammed into believing we are not good enough because of the low esteem mentality the likes of Rohr fed us for years, now we have another garbage journeyman coach in Peseiro who hasn't coached a decent team in years now been hailed by some clowns here...meanwhile the likes of Canada, Morocco, USA etc who have about the same level of quality as we do are playing their best form of football while we sulk over Rohr's consolatory one-liners about how "we are still young and learning."

God will continue to punish Pinnick for the damage he has brought upon Nigerian football honestly.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: I've seen enough in this world cup to suggest...

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:28 pm That anybody who still defends Rohr must either be a minimalist, must have the lowest form of self-esteem, or just subtly hates everything about Nigeria.

You don't have to have "world class" players to play good football and compete, and before the "oh but you haven't fixed your league" crew come for me, 80% of the Morrocan players that are playing some of the best football in this tournament were born or raised in France (go and verify), same with Senegal...so yes two truths can co-exist, we can fix our local football league while still assembling a solid core of talented players who can play well within a system under a tactically astute coach...we've actually been scammed into believing we are not good enough because of the low esteem mentality the likes of Rohr fed us for years, now we have another garbage journeyman coach in Peseiro who hasn't coached a decent team in years now been hailed by some clowns here...meanwhile the likes of Canada, Morocco, USA etc who have about the same level of quality as we do are playing their best form of football while we sulk over Rohr's consolatory one-liners about how "we are still young and learning."

God will continue to punish Pinnick for the damage he has brought upon Nigerian football honestly.
oh, now your eyes have finally opened. However you've abused and insulted me , when i started ranting way before the WC 2018..I cried and cried , that we should fire him right after Russia..made so many threads prior to AFCON 2019.. but no they abused me..I even said we aren't going to qualify for Qatar.... but it was too late ./. We had 3 horrible home games Salone, Cape Verde and CAR.... but no Bigpokey was the yeye one .. Now you see what lesser teams are doing in Qatar.. now they claim we don't have top players...yeah right..but these players are tearing up their leagues week in week out..The weak system,mentality and inferiority complex **** instilled on us will take nothing less than 12-18 months to overcome .
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:28 pm That anybody who still defends Rohr must either be a minimalist, must have the lowest form of self-esteem, or just subtly hates everything about Nigeria.

I'm not a Rohr fan but a good league helps. The teams do not have to be EPL quality but the league must be organised to have relatively stable teams that can nurture talent for a couple of seasons before the inevitable move abroad. Such a league can also offer valuable minutes to Nigerian players who are struggling abroad.

On Rohr, I think he lost his way towards the rnd but he had his qualities. As for Peserio, it us way too early to judge him. He needs more time.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:40 pm

I'm not a Rohr fan but a good league helps. The teams do not have to be EPL quality but the league must be organised to have relatively stable teams that can nurture talent for a couple of seasons before the inevitable move abroad. Such a league can also offer valuable minutes to Nigerian players who are struggling abroad.

On Rohr, I think he lost his way towards the rnd but he had his qualities. As for Peserio, it us way too early to judge him. He needs more time.
Aruako1

Point!! The league does not have to Big 5 or some souped up hyped up contraction. It simply needs to be stable and be able to serve as a reasonable avenue for grooming talent that play together.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1, Tell us how many countries without a functioning league system have ever qualified for the WC.
2, How many have ever made it to the group stage?
3, How many have ever gone past the rd of 16?
OCCUPY NFF!!