List of Local coaches for SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: List of Local coaches for SE

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:38 am
wanaj0 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:06 am
Damunk wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:04 am
packerland wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:50 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:06 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:52 am
packerland wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:19 pm

Personally, I would remove anyone that has already coached the SE twice or anyone accused of bribery. I don’t want no dark cloud or accusations following the new coach.
That would be the honorable thing to do.
But in Nigeria, these things don’t matter.
I mean, look who’s running for President in 2023. :idea:
In England were such things matter, Alladyce was accused with evidence and nothing happened.

Accusation is nothing until proven.

Only those convicted should be disqualified. The constitution also recognizes that.

Going by your logic, someone like Amodu and Keshi (RIP) should have been disqualified because VE accuses them of corruption.
Not exactly the same bro. In 2006 the allegation was that Allardyce was receiving kickbacks through his son for signing players and they couldn’t prove it. In 2016 a Telegraph reporters posing as businessmen filmed him talking about how to get around with breaking FA rules. He did the honorable thing and resigned even he had only being the England manager for 1 game. Allardyce has not managed a team ever since.

Salisu was caught on Tape receiving bribe and he refused to quit. They suspended him for a short time and gave him his job back. Today, he has his hand in more than 1 jobs. I call that a promotion for being naughty.
It’s wanaj0 you are talking to.
Allardyce who’s career has basically been terminated is his forever reference point - his perennial excuse for Nigerian football corruption for some strange reason.
But this is the guy that gives Ibori an overall pass, so don’t be surprised. :D:
I still tell you that Ibori is the BEST governor in Delta State in terms of infrastructural development. He committed a crime and was rightfully punished. That does not remove his achievement as governor of Delta State.

Alladyce was NOT punished for the crime and Damunk thinks that is the right thing to do because........................

But he will go on and on about someone who was rightfully punished.

The double standard of the WOWO people. Oyinbo can do no wrong!

Person that looks at Rohr's CV and ..................................
Kai! You’ve now gone fron straw man construction to constructing BIG BIG lies. :rotf:
Me? Tell you that Allardyce rightly went unpunished? When was that please?

You must be dreaming.
No, actually, you are not dreaming.
You know exactly what you are doing - clutching at straws (surprise, surprise) to make up your next dishonest, diversionary argument.
You like straw sha. :lol:

There should be ZERO tolerance for corruption in our football and national life.
That you keep referring to Allardyce time after time as an EXCUSE for corruption in NIGERIAN FOOTBALL says more about you than it does about me. Weytin consign me with Allardyce? In fact, weytin consign Allardyce with Nigeria?
You’ve probably brought him up a dozen times over the years. Is that your benchmark? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

And finally, you can throw coded insults at me all you like, but always remember you do not have exclusive rights.
If you have to concoct lies and insults to make your point, for now all I will do is :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Be careful, Mr Moderator.
You are supposed to be setting an example. :clap:
Was Alladyce punished?

Have you condemn or said anything about Alladyce not being punished?

As to your insults and innuendos, I will ignore and focus on the issue about

1) Someone committed a crime and was rightfully punished.
2) Someone committed a crime and was not punished.

So which of the two organisations/groups/ is against corruption? Which one is aiding and abetting it?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

For me. There is only One Nigerian Coach I will like to see given the time to coach our team again. This is solely due to the Naija way his teams play. No nonsense skill and tactical way of playing. I have never watched any of the Nigerian team he coached play and dont enjoy it. Plus if he is ready to put the word INTEGRITY into his job.

I am calling SIASIA - SAMSON.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

wanaj0 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:06 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:57 pm Oya, attention all locos, pls list all Local coaches you think are good enough to Coach SE back to glory. Doesn’t matter where they coach as long as they’re Nigerian. Here’s a list of some we know of already.

Eguavoen
Siasia
Finidi
Amokachi
Salisu
Amunike
Oliseh

Oya add yours and pick 1. I want non of the above and below. :thumb:
Personally, I would remove anyone that has already coached the SE twice or anyone accused of bribery. I don’t want no dark cloud or accusations following the new coach.
In England were such things matter, Alladyce was accused with evidence and nothing happened.

Only those convicted should be disqualified. The constitution also recognizes that.

Going by your logic, someone like Amodu and Keshi (RIP) should have been disqualified because VE accuses them of corruption.

Not exactly the same bro. In 2006 the allegation was that Allardyce was receiving kickbacks through his son for signing players and they couldn’t prove it. In 2016 a Telegraph reporters posing as businessmen filmed him talking about how to get around with breaking FA rules. He did the honorable thing and resigned even he had only being the England manager for 1 game. Allardyce has not managed a team ever since.

Salisu was caught on Tape receiving bribe and he refused to quit. They suspended him for a short time and gave him his job back. Today, he has his hand in more than 1 jobs. I call that a promotion for being naughty.
So Alladyce was ACCUSED in 2006 and that did not disqualify him from getting a job in 2016. I thought ACCUSATION will disqualify any one.

In 2016, Alladyce was caught on tape and was not PUNISHED. He only resigned and the FA did nothing. Salisu was sanctioned.

Summary ACCUSATION was not a basis for disqualifying anyone from a job in England so why should it be in Nigeria?

Lets correct the misleading info here.

Allardyce resigned before he was fired.

He was subsequently never considered for a job by the FA.

Individual clubs are free to hire anyone they deem fit.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:57 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:33 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:56 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:13 pm The above demonstreates the problem on CE. Emir has listed all local coaches that he knows. Common denominator? They have all been with the NT one time or the other.

If we ask him to list possible FCs, he will list some that have only managed clubs.

What is the problem?

Many on CE have no clue about local Nigerian managers except if they have been with the NT.

Yet they will claim there are no good managers. Bros, there are several managers who have not been with the NT but have been successful at the club level. Should they be excluded? If so, why include FCs that have not coached NTs?
OK, name the good managers in the local league, sir.
Quoting Prof from earlier in the thread:
We had Ndubuisi Egbo show his ability, albeit in one competition, with his foreign club. But here are other managers who have also shown their ability:

1. Fidelis Ilechukwu
2. Abdu Maikaba
3. Kennedy Boboye
Thanks. I missed this.

Anyone can pull up a list of LCs.

The real question is, what is it based on?

The List is based on coaches who practice their profession in a league that comprises the following:

- unprofessional clubs
- lacking medical care
- players who are often unpaid
- unfit
- no insurance coverage
- depending on credit to feed
- poor pitches
- referees who cannot qualify for CAF appointments at AFCON
- inconsistent schedule
- official shenanigans
- lack of systemic record keeping
- lack of proper contracts
- inconsistent and unsustainable finances

This is the LABORATORY that is producing the recommended coaches.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:37 pm
Sunset wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:04 pm Club Statement: Daniel Ogunmodede
Published by Admin on November 25, 2022Categories Tags
https://remostarsfc.com/2022/11/25/club ... nmodede-2/
Head Coach, Daniel Ogunmodede departed the country for a coaching training course in Europe.

Club Statement: Daniel Ogunmodede
In a bid to improve his tactical knowledge in the game, Daniel Ogunmodede will be in in Portugal for a Football Data Analytics training and Continuous Coaching Education Development (CCED).

The gaffer will also make a trip to Spain and Germany respectively for first hand training tours and football education development.

The club continue to give support to the Technical crew in terms of development ahead of the new Nigeria Professional Football League, NPFL season.
Sunset,

You beat me to it. Ogunmodede is a rising star given his antecedents by bringing up this club to the NPFL and reports of how the team plays under his watch. the reality is that there are several Nigerian managers up to the task, some at home and others abroad. They do not need to have had a stint with the Super Eagles to be recognized as good managers. Their performances with their clubs ought to count for starters. We had Ndubuisi Egbo show his ability, albeit in one competition, with his foreign club. But here are other managers who have also shown their ability:

1. Fidelis Ilechukwu
2. Abdu Maikaba
3. Kennedy Boboye.
Egbo is currently coaching in the Saudi 2nd division actually, and one coach who I feel is goes under the radar is Gbenga Ogunbote, he steadied the ship at Remo and not only help them survive the NPFL for the 1st time but qualified them for the continent. He joined 3SC and might just do the same thing with them at the rate he's going.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:00 am
Enugu II wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:37 pm
Sunset wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:04 pm Club Statement: Daniel Ogunmodede
Published by Admin on November 25, 2022Categories Tags
https://remostarsfc.com/2022/11/25/club ... nmodede-2/
Head Coach, Daniel Ogunmodede departed the country for a coaching training course in Europe.

Club Statement: Daniel Ogunmodede
In a bid to improve his tactical knowledge in the game, Daniel Ogunmodede will be in in Portugal for a Football Data Analytics training and Continuous Coaching Education Development (CCED).

The gaffer will also make a trip to Spain and Germany respectively for first hand training tours and football education development.

The club continue to give support to the Technical crew in terms of development ahead of the new Nigeria Professional Football League, NPFL season.
Sunset,

You beat me to it. Ogunmodede is a rising star given his antecedents by bringing up this club to the NPFL and reports of how the team plays under his watch. the reality is that there are several Nigerian managers up to the task, some at home and others abroad. They do not need to have had a stint with the Super Eagles to be recognized as good managers. Their performances with their clubs ought to count for starters. We had Ndubuisi Egbo show his ability, albeit in one competition, with his foreign club. But here are other managers who have also shown their ability:

1. Fidelis Ilechukwu
2. Abdu Maikaba
3. Kennedy Boboye.
Egbo is currently coaching in the Saudi 2nd division actually, and one coach who I feel is goes under the radar is Gbenga Ogunbote, he steadied the ship at Remo and not only help them survive the NPFL for the 1st time but qualified them for the continent. He joined 3SC and might just do the same thing with them at the rate he's going.
Gbenga Ogungbote? Under the radar? He is only under the radar for those who are not aware of the local scene. Ogungbote clearly has been one of the best and he has shown it at many stops already and lately at Remo Stars last year, I believe.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

txj wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:54 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:57 pm Oya, attention all locos, pls list all Local coaches you think are good enough to Coach SE back to glory. Doesn’t matter where they coach as long as they’re Nigerian. Here’s a list of some we know of already.

Eguavoen
Siasia
Finidi
Amokachi
Salisu
Amunike
Oliseh

So Alladyce was ACCUSED in 2006 and that did not disqualify him from getting a job in 2016. I thought ACCUSATION will disqualify any one.

In 2016, Alladyce was caught on tape and was not PUNISHED. He only resigned and the FA did nothing. Salisu was sanctioned.

Summary ACCUSATION was not a basis for disqualifying anyone from a job in England so why should it be in Nigeria?

Yes we need to correct the misinformation.

Alladyce was not fired but resigned. He admitted to have made SERIOUS ERROR OF JUDGEMENT and the FA PUNISHED him with a payout of over 1m GBP :thumb: What a way to PUNISH serious error of judgement.

Indeed ANY ORGANISATION is free to hire anyone they deem fit!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:41 am

Alladyce was not fired but resigned. He admitted to have made SERIOUS ERROR OF JUDGEMENT and the FA PUNISHED him with a payout of over 1m GBP :thumb: What a way to PUNISH serious error of judgement.

But is it not an error of judgement akin to Salisu Yusuf in Nigeria? Which rule did he violate? Just asking for explication.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

A public organization funded by taxpayer money is NOT FREE to hire anyone.
There are minimum standards for a public organization that a private organization is not bound by.

As for the red herring of Allardyce, common sense should tell you why he resigned rather than wait to get fired...That probably preserved the contractual requirement for a payout.

In any case, Allardyce's offense was from his conduct as a CLUB MANAGER, not England manager, and had happened before he was appointed by the FA.

Contrast that with Salisu who was caught red handed.

If you justify theivery, then something must be wrong with you personally.

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

txj wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:19 pm

There are minimum standards for a public organization that a private organization is not bound by.

As for the red herring of Allardyce, common sense should tell you why he resigned rather than wait to get fired...That probably preserved the contractual requirement for a payout.

In any case, Allardyce's offense was from his conduct as a CLUB MANAGER, not England manager, and had happened before he was appointed by the FA.

You have moved from correcting misinformation to personal insults. It is your stock in trade so continue.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj,

You are struggling to differentiate both acts. I give that to you. But even from your statement one can reach the following conclusions:

1. You agree that both Allardyce and Salisu committed "Thievery" as you couch it. It is "thievery" whether it was committed on national assignment or at a club. "Thievery" is still thievery, not so?

2. The English FA forced Allardyce to quit because the FA considered his act unbecoming. If not, why was he forced to quit?

3. Saslisu was suspended by Nigeria because the NFF considered the act unbecoming, even though the NFF had no preceding rules stating the minimum amount of gift that one may accept.

Are the above, not accurate?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:21 pm

txj,

You are struggling to differentiate both acts. I give that to you. But even from your statement one can reach the following conclusions:

1. You agree that both Allardyce and Salisu committed "Thievery" as you couch it. It is "thievery" whether it was committed on national assignment or at a club. "Thievery" is still thievery, not so?

2. The English FA forced Allardyce to quit because the FA considered his act unbecoming. If not, why was he forced to quit?

3. Saslisu was suspended by Nigeria because the NFF considered the act unbecoming, even though the NFF had no preceding rules stating the minimum amount of gift that one may accept.

You forgot a minor detail.

You forgot to add where the NFF reappointed a proven thief.

And BTW, I'm not struggling to differentiate the two. They are both misconducts.

The difference is that one happened under the private sector, while the other happened in the public sector by someone under the employment of the govt and being paid with taxpayers money.
Last edited by txj on Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:37 am

But is it not an error of judgement akin to Salisu Yusuf in Nigeria? Which rule did he violate? Just asking for explication.
Various allegations against Big Sam but no 'proof' until an undercover journalist get to work. IN 2006 there were bribery allegations against him and his son. 10 years later he offered to help the journalist get around FA 3rd party ownership rules. He admitted that he made an error of judgement and decided to RESIGN when the video became public knowledge. Upon his resignation he was paid over 1m GBP.

There was no investigation by the FA just mutual agreement! Sam went on after to get other jobs in the same England from clubs under the same FA

Salisu was offered bribe/gift by a journalist posing as an agent. Unlike the English FA, NFF actually INVESTIGATED the allegation and Salisu was found GUILTY even though Salisu also claimed that it was an error of judgement. NFF went on to ban him for ONE YEAR from all football activities and also asked to pay a fine.

So while one organization decided to INVESTIGATE the allegation another decided to do NOTHING. While Salisu was PUNISHED and rightfully so, nothing was done to Big Sam! The 'error of judgement

Conte served a BAN for not reporting match fixing. He was investigated, found guilty and banned for 10 months which was later reduced to 4 months which he served! He still went on to get other jobs as a coach!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

txj,

Add the minor detail that he was paid 1m GBP for his 'unbecoming' act an went on to coach clubs affiliated to the same FA as evidence of their anti corruption campaign :clap:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:50 pm

txj,

Add the minor detail that he was paid 1m GBP for his 'unbecoming' act an went on to coach clubs affiliated to the same FA as evidence of their anti corruption campaign :clap:

Clubs affiliated to the FA? What does that mean?

The FA does not own the clubs, which are all privately owned as you well know and can hire whom they want.

That is different from an FA going back to hire someone who has been proven to be a thief.

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

txj wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:57 pm

txj,

The FA does not own the clubs, which are all privately owned as you well know and can hire whom they want.

That is different from an FA going back to hire someone who has been proven to be a thief.
For your education NFF is a PRIVATE organization! Every organization can hire whoever they want!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:00 pm

txj,

For your education NFF is a PRIVATE organization! Every organization can hire whoever they want!

The NFF is NOT a private organization. Its members come from govt organizations. Its funding comes from the govt. It is abudget line item in the Fed. Ministry of Sports and Youth Devpt

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

txj wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:01 pm

txj,

The NFF is NOT a private organization. Its members come from govt organizations. Its funding comes from the govt. It is abudget line item in the Fed. Ministry of Sports and Youth Devpt
Educate yourself please. Government can provide gift/funding to any organisation. That does not change the status. Like the English FA, NFF is a NOT FOR PROFIT organisation. The Football associations are NOT a PUBLIC body. That's why FIFA does not allow GOVERNMENT interference.

Even FIFA is a PRIVATE entity.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj,

WanajO

The NFF is not a private organization ooo. It is directly funded by the state and the Secretary General is assigned from the state.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:21 pm

txj,

WanajO

The NFF is not a private organization ooo. It is directly funded by the state and the Secretary General is assigned from the state.
Nigerian Stock Exchange before the demutualisation get funding from the government!

NFF is a NOT FOR PROFIT organisation just like the LMC and not a PUBLIC company
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:28 pm
Enugu II wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:21 pm

txj,

WanajO

Nigerian Stock Exchange before the demutualisation get funding from the government!

NFF is a NOT FOR PROFIT organisation just like the LMC and not a PUBLIC company

Yet another red herring!
Nobody is arguing its for profit status.

The NFF is a parastatal of the govt, with a budget line item under the Ministry.

FIFA's agreement with the govts is one of non interference in its management.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Eguavoen
Siasia
Finidi
Amokachi
Salisu
Amunike
Oliseh

Emir, where is my name? Please add my name to the list, I want to coach the SE's team. I promise to win the AFCON Cup
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I think Bosso deserves a chance.