List of Local coaches for SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
List of Local coaches for SE

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Oya, attention all locos, pls list all Local coaches you think are good enough to Coach SE back to glory. Doesn’t matter where they coach as long as they’re Nigerian. Here’s a list of some we know of already.

Eguavoen
Siasia
Finidi
Amokachi
Salisu
Amunike
Oliseh

Oya add yours and pick 1. I want non of the above and below. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: List of Local coaches for SE

Post by Tobi17 »

Maybe we need to try another approach and hire coaches from other African countries that have proven track records in the stronger leagues, there are decent coaches in Egypt, South Africa, Tunisia and Morocco we could try...unpopular submission but I'm tired of this European journeymen coaches that just want to use Nigeria to pimp up their poor CVs.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:01 pm Maybe we need to try another approach and hire coaches from other African countries that have proven track records in the stronger leagues, there are decent coaches in Egypt, South Africa, Tunisia and Morocco we could try...unpopular submission but I'm tired of this European journeymen coaches that just want to use Nigeria to pimp up their poor CVs.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I want that South African guy.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:57 pm Oya, attention all locos, pls list all Local coaches you think are good enough to Coach SE back to glory. Doesn’t matter where they coach as long as they’re Nigerian. Here’s a list of some we know of already.

Eguavoen
Siasia
Finidi
Amokachi
Salisu
Amunike
Oliseh

The above demonstreates the problem on CE. Emir has listed all local coaches that he knows. Common denominator? They have all been with the NT one time or the other.

If we ask him to list possible FCs, he will list some that have only managed clubs.

What is the problem?

Many on CE have no clue about local Nigerian managers except if they have been with the NT.

Yet they will claim there are no good managers. Bros, there are several managers who have not been with the NT but have been successful at the club level. Should they be excluded? If so, why include FCs that have not coached NTs?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:57 pm Oya, attention all locos, pls list all Local coaches you think are good enough to Coach SE back to glory. Doesn’t matter where they coach as long as they’re Nigerian. Here’s a list of some we know of already.

Eguavoen
Siasia
Finidi
Amokachi
Salisu
Amunike
Oliseh

Personally, I would remove anyone that has already coached the SE twice or anyone accused of bribery. I don’t want no dark cloud or accusations following the new coach.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

packerland wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:13 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:01 pm Maybe we need to try another approach and hire coaches from other African countries that have proven track records in the stronger leagues, there are decent coaches in Egypt, South Africa, Tunisia and Morocco we could try...unpopular submission but I'm tired of this European journeymen coaches that just want to use Nigeria to pimp up their poor CVs.

Finally, Tobi has gotten out of the box. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:13 pm

Eguavoen
Siasia
Finidi
Amokachi
Salisu
Amunike
Oliseh

The above demonstreates the problem on CE. Emir has listed all local coaches that he knows. Common denominator? They have all been with the NT one time or the other.

If we ask him to list possible FCs, he will list some that have only managed clubs.

What is the problem?

Many on CE have no clue about local Nigerian managers except if they have been with the NT.

Yet they will claim there are no good managers. Bros, there are several managers who have not been with the NT but have been successful at the club level. Should they be excluded? If so, why include FCs that have not coached NTs?

Oga , list their names if you know you know them pls. I only listed the ones I know, I’m sure you know some.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Eguavoen
Siasia
Finidi
Amokachi
Salisu
Amunike
Oliseh
Ogunbote

OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:13 pm
Hi
Eguavoen
Siasia
Finidi
Amokachi
Salisu
Amunike
Oliseh

What is the problem?

Enugu,

Maybe it has something to do with the standard of our NPFL. How much credit are club coaches in Nigeria given for the success of their team. Sometime ago some posted that 70% of club teams in Nigeria win their home games. I can’t remember the actual number but it was eye raising. If we did value the ability of our local Coaches then it will be easy for us to do what the Germans did by plucking Hansi Flick away from Bayern or Spain with Enrique and Lopetegui from their respective clubs.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:19 pm

Eguavoen
Siasia
Finidi
Amokachi
Salisu
Amunike
Oliseh

Personally, I would remove anyone that has already coached the SE twice or anyone accused of bribery. I don’t want no dark cloud or accusations following the new coach.
That would be the honorable thing to do.
But in Nigeria, these things don’t matter.
I mean, look who’s running for President in 2023. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

The one that his own country does not want? Must you guys always want something foreign? Haba
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:01 pm Maybe we need to try another approach and hire coaches from other African countries that have proven track records in the stronger leagues, there are decent coaches in Egypt, South Africa, Tunisia and Morocco we could try...unpopular submission but I'm tired of these European journeymen coaches that just want to use Nigeria to pimp up their poor CVs.
All those countries you listed have always had foreign coaches. Morroco and Tunisia just engaged their own local coaches for this world cup and now you want to run to them for SE coach? If they had such wonderful coaches, why have they been employing European journeymen all this while? The problem here is a lack of self-worth and the feeling that anything foreign is superior to what you have. I can tell you clearly that the coach of Rivers United will win the CAF champions league with the Al-Ahly squad. When Enyimba had a decent squad, they won CAF champions league twice with Naija coaches.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:52 am

Eguavoen
Siasia
Finidi
Amokachi
Salisu
Amunike
Oliseh

In England were such things matter, Alladyce was accused with evidence and nothing happened.

Accusation is nothing until proven.

Only those convicted should be disqualified. The constitution also recognizes that.

Going by your logic, someone like Amodu and Keshi (RIP) should have been disqualified because VE accuses them of corruption.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

wanaj0 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:06 pm

Eguavoen
Siasia
Finidi
Amokachi
Salisu
Amunike
Oliseh

In England were such things matter, Alladyce was accused with evidence and nothing happened.

Only those convicted should be disqualified. The constitution also recognizes that.

Going by your logic, someone like Amodu and Keshi (RIP) should have been disqualified because VE accuses them of corruption.
Not exactly the same bro. In 2006 the allegation was that Allardyce was receiving kickbacks through his son for signing players and they couldn’t prove it. In 2016 a Telegraph reporters posing as businessmen filmed him talking about how to get around with breaking FA rules. He did the honorable thing and resigned even he had only being the England manager for 1 game. Allardyce has not managed a team ever since.

Salisu was caught on Tape receiving bribe and he refused to quit. They suspended him for a short time and gave him his job back. Today, he has his hand in more than 1 jobs. I call that a promotion for being naughty.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

lacidi wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:17 am

The one that his own country does not want? Must you guys always want something foreign? Haba
I put his name down because his team plays sexy football which is what some of you say you want for the SE. He will also not qualify as a journeyman white man which is what some of you don’t want.

His country may not want him because they are in love with that journeyman white coach that has managed SA like 4 times now, but they love him in Qatar. I think he is the highest paid African coach.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Locos are yet to mention a Nigerian coach. Gives us their names pls. We're waiting.
OCCUPY NFF!!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

packerland wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:50 pm

Eguavoen
Siasia
Finidi
Amokachi
Salisu
Amunike
Oliseh

Not exactly the same bro. In 2006 the allegation was that Allardyce was receiving kickbacks through his son for signing players and they couldn’t prove it. In 2016 a Telegraph reporters posing as businessmen filmed him talking about how to get around with breaking FA rules. He did the honorable thing and resigned even he had only being the England manager for 1 game. Allardyce has not managed a team ever since.

Salisu was caught on Tape receiving bribe and he refused to quit. They suspended him for a short time and gave him his job back. Today, he has his hand in more than 1 jobs. I call that a promotion for being naughty.
So Alladyce was ACCUSED in 2006 and that did not disqualify him from getting a job in 2016. I thought ACCUSATION will disqualify any one.

In 2016, Alladyce was caught on tape and was not PUNISHED. He only resigned and the FA did nothing. Salisu was sanctioned.

Summary ACCUSATION was not a basis for disqualifying anyone from a job in England so why should it be in Nigeria?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

wanaj0 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:06 pm

Eguavoen
Siasia
Finidi
Amokachi
Salisu
Amunike
Oliseh

So Alladyce was ACCUSED in 2006 and that did not disqualify him from getting a job in 2016. I thought ACCUSATION will disqualify any one.

In 2016, Alladyce was caught on tape and was not PUNISHED. He only resigned and the FA did nothing. Salisu was sanctioned.

Summary ACCUSATION was not a basis for disqualifying anyone from a job in England so why should it be in Nigeria?
In Allardyce case in 2006, his son took all the hit and that ruined his management business. The more serious charges was not really bribery but the way they were courting other teams players. Now Bolton could have fired him but they didn’t. But other former players including Harry Rednap were arrested. The case involved a lot of people.

In 2016, he was the manager of England and what he did was brag on camera on how you can get away with cheating. You can’t embarrass a whole nation and so they had to let him go. My guy, you know that resignation is a nice way of the bosses telling you to quit or be fired. I would’ve been fine if Salisu stepped down
But we know most Nigerians don’t resign.

In summary, I don’t think people should lose their job because VE or some other bloke accuse them of bribery but if they got a video on you (Salisu) or email evidence (Siasia) then I don’t think you should be considered for the position.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

@packerland, you still don't know how to use the quote function, after all these years?'

Maybe a MILF can teach you. :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

packerland wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:57 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:06 pm

Eguavoen
Siasia
Finidi
Amokachi
Salisu
Amunike
Oliseh

In Allardyce case in 2006, his son took all the hit and that ruined his management business. The more serious charges was not really bribery but the way they were courting other teams players. Now Bolton could have fired him but they didn’t. But other former players including Harry Rednap were arrested. The case involved a lot of people.

In 2016, he was the manager of England and what he did was brag on camera on how you can get away with cheating. You can’t embarrass a whole nation and so they had to let him go. My guy, you know that resignation is a nice way of the bosses telling you to quit or be fired. I would’ve been fine if Salisu stepped down
But we know most Nigerians don’t resign.

In summary, I don’t think people should lose their job because VE or some other bloke accuse them of bribery but if they got a video on you (Salisu) or email evidence (Siasia) then I don’t think you should be considered for the position.
Innocent until proven guilty.

Interesting that you did not see bribery as a serious charge s far as the Alladyce case is concerned.

Again Sam was NEVER punished by the FA or any agency in the UK even after the journalist blew the whistle.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Club Statement: Daniel Ogunmodede
Published by Admin on November 25, 2022Categories Tags
https://remostarsfc.com/2022/11/25/club ... nmodede-2/
Head Coach, Daniel Ogunmodede departed the country for a coaching training course in Europe.

In a bid to improve his tactical knowledge in the game, Daniel Ogunmodede will be in in Portugal for a Football Data Analytics training and Continuous Coaching Education Development (CCED).

The gaffer will also make a trip to Spain and Germany respectively for first hand training tours and football education development.

The club continue to give support to the Technical crew in terms of development ahead of the new Nigeria Professional Football League, NPFL season.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:04 pm Club Statement: Daniel Ogunmodede
Published by Admin on November 25, 2022Categories Tags
https://remostarsfc.com/2022/11/25/club ... nmodede-2/
Head Coach, Daniel Ogunmodede departed the country for a coaching training course in Europe.

In a bid to improve his tactical knowledge in the game, Daniel Ogunmodede will be in in Portugal for a Football Data Analytics training and Continuous Coaching Education Development (CCED).

The gaffer will also make a trip to Spain and Germany respectively for first hand training tours and football education development.

The club continue to give support to the Technical crew in terms of development ahead of the new Nigeria Professional Football League, NPFL season.
Sunset,

You beat me to it. Ogunmodede is a rising star given his antecedents by bringing up this club to the NPFL and reports of how the team plays under his watch. the reality is that there are several Nigerian managers up to the task, some at home and others abroad. They do not need to have had a stint with the Super Eagles to be recognized as good managers. Their performances with their clubs ought to count for starters. We had Ndubuisi Egbo show his ability, albeit in one competition, with his foreign club. But here are other managers who have also shown their ability:

1. Fidelis Ilechukwu
2. Abdu Maikaba
3. Kennedy Boboye.
Last edited by Enugu II on Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Nigerian. Is this not the same thing as continuing education