List of Local coaches for SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: List of Local coaches for SE

Post by Synopsis »

Sunset wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:04 pm Club Statement: Daniel Ogunmodede
Published by Admin on November 25, 2022Categories Tags
https://remostarsfc.com/2022/11/25/club ... nmodede-2/
Head Coach, Daniel Ogunmodede departed the country for a coaching training course in Europe.

Club Statement: Daniel Ogunmodede
In a bid to improve his tactical knowledge in the game, Daniel Ogunmodede will be in in Portugal for a Football Data Analytics training and Continuous Coaching Education Development (CCED).

The gaffer will also make a trip to Spain and Germany respectively for first hand training tours and football education development.

The club continue to give support to the Technical crew in terms of development ahead of the new Nigeria Professional Football League, NPFL season.
I will keep tabs on this fellow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:50 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:06 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:52 am
packerland wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:19 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:57 pm Oya, attention all locos, pls list all Local coaches you think are good enough to Coach SE back to glory. Doesn’t matter where they coach as long as they’re Nigerian. Here’s a list of some we know of already.

Eguavoen
Siasia
Finidi
Amokachi
Salisu
Amunike
Oliseh

Oya add yours and pick 1. I want non of the above and below. :thumb:
Personally, I would remove anyone that has already coached the SE twice or anyone accused of bribery. I don’t want no dark cloud or accusations following the new coach.
That would be the honorable thing to do.
But in Nigeria, these things don’t matter.
I mean, look who’s running for President in 2023. :idea:
In England were such things matter, Alladyce was accused with evidence and nothing happened.

Accusation is nothing until proven.

Only those convicted should be disqualified. The constitution also recognizes that.

Going by your logic, someone like Amodu and Keshi (RIP) should have been disqualified because VE accuses them of corruption.
Not exactly the same bro. In 2006 the allegation was that Allardyce was receiving kickbacks through his son for signing players and they couldn’t prove it. In 2016 a Telegraph reporters posing as businessmen filmed him talking about how to get around with breaking FA rules. He did the honorable thing and resigned even he had only being the England manager for 1 game. Allardyce has not managed a team ever since.

Salisu was caught on Tape receiving bribe and he refused to quit. They suspended him for a short time and gave him his job back. Today, he has his hand in more than 1 jobs. I call that a promotion for being naughty.
It’s wanaj0 you are talking to.
Allardyce who’s career has basically been terminated is his forever reference point - his perennial excuse for Nigerian football corruption for some strange reason.
But this is the guy that gives Ibori an overall pass, so don’t be surprised. :D:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:17 am Nigerian. Is this not the same thing as continuing education
Definitely. It is what clubs and aspiring individuals should be doing. Rather the majority of our coaches are waiting for someone to come and send them to school.
None of us here waited for any government before we found our way into postgraduate education but somehow it’s the NFF’s responsibility to do so for coaches.

Congrats to the guy and the club for doing the right thing.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Who is our Aliou Cisse? 3 days on this thread now and there’s no consensus Nigerian candidate that we rally behind. Is it time to shut the door on local coaches for now?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:42 am Who is our Aliou Cisse? 3 days on this thread now and there’s no consensus Nigerian candidate that we rally behind. Is it time to shut the door on local coaches for now?
Maybe because you’ve already mentioned Nigeria’s undisputed ‘best of the best’.
All tried and tested and have come out with, well…results.
:atc:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:42 am Who is our Aliou Cisse? 3 days on this thread now and there’s no consensus Nigerian candidate that we rally behind. Is it time to shut the door on local coaches for now?
Emir

You don become teacher wey fail de exam wey imself set?

You asked for a list? Not so? You gave been provided a list, not so? Now did not ask for a consensus best so why are you expecting that?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:40 pm
Emir

You asked for a list? Not so? You gave been provided a list, not so? Now did not ask for a consensus best so why are you expecting that?
Enugu II,

I want to know who will be your choice if put in a position to make that decision?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Emir

Oga,

I already said all the answers were wrong but I wanted you to pick the one you thought might be the least wrong. I don't want a local coach.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

packerland wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:11 pm
Emir

Enugu II,

I want to know who will be your choice if put in a position to make that decision?
My choice will be either get a proven coach regardless of nationality or if we are to consider the levels that we have considered recently (i.e. Rohr, Peseiro, etc) then I will go with the likes of Finidi or Amunele without batting an eyelid.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

An African coach just made the semis. Any new Nigerian coaches you think can do the same?
OCCUPY NFF!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:24 pm An African coach just made the semis. Any new Nigerian coaches you think can do the same?
And we have a nobody Passero coach. Honestly, Pinnick has to be the worst FA president. tufiakwa! he may have the money and speaks well but he has immense low self-esteem. Morocco's coach has demystified the idea that we only need a foreign coach to succeed.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

highbury wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:52 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:24 pm An African coach just made the semis. Any new Nigerian coaches you think can do the same?
And we have a nobody Passero coach. Honestly, Pinnick has to be the worst FA president. tufiakwa! he may have the money and speaks well but he has immense low self-esteem. Morocco's coach has demystified the idea that we only need a foreign coach to succeed.
If NFF had hired the Morocco coach to replace Rohr instead of Eguavoen, I'm sure this place would've gone crazy with anger over hiring a nobody and perhaps claim fraud. Are we the priblem?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:29 pm
If NFF had hired the Morocco coach to replace Rohr instead of Eguavoen, I'm sure this place would've gone crazy with anger over hiring a nobody and perhaps claim fraud. Are we the priblem?
You are indeed correct because the focus is on a manager's previous record. What would you say if we nowe hire Amuneke?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:33 pm
You are indeed correct because the focus is on a manager's previous record. What would you say if we nowe hire Amuneke?
problem?

I will crap my pants. No thanks.
OCCUPY NFF!!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:04 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:57 pm Oya, attention all locos, pls list all Local coaches you think are good enough to Coach SE back to glory. Doesn’t matter where they coach as long as they’re Nigerian. Here’s a list of some we know of already.

Eguavoen
Siasia
Finidi
Amokachi
Salisu
Amunike
Oliseh

Personally, I would remove anyone that has already coached the SE twice or anyone accused of bribery. I don’t want no dark cloud or accusations following the new coach.
In England were such things matter, Alladyce was accused with evidence and nothing happened.

Only those convicted should be disqualified. The constitution also recognizes that.

Going by your logic, someone like Amodu and Keshi (RIP) should have been disqualified because VE accuses them of corruption.
Not exactly the same bro. In 2006 the allegation was that Allardyce was receiving kickbacks through his son for signing players and they couldn’t prove it. In 2016 a Telegraph reporters posing as businessmen filmed him talking about how to get around with breaking FA rules. He did the honorable thing and resigned even he had only being the England manager for 1 game. Allardyce has not managed a team ever since.

Salisu was caught on Tape receiving bribe and he refused to quit. They suspended him for a short time and gave him his job back. Today, he has his hand in more than 1 jobs. I call that a promotion for being naughty.
Allardyce who’s career has basically been terminated is his forever reference point - his perennial excuse for Nigerian football corruption for some strange reason.
But this is the guy that gives Ibori an overall pass, so don’t be surprised. :D:
I still tell you that Ibori is the BEST governor in Delta State in terms of infrastructural development. He committed a crime and was rightfully punished. That does not remove his achievement as governor of Delta State.

Alladyce was NOT punished for the crime and Damunk thinks that is the right thing to do because........................

But he will go on and on about someone who was rightfully punished.

The double standard of the WOWO people. Oyinbo can do no wrong!

Person that looks at Rohr's CV and ..................................
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:22 pm
packerland wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:11 pm
Emir

Enugu II,

My choice will be either get a proven coach regardless of nationality or if we are to consider the levels that we have considered recently (i.e. Rohr, Peseiro, etc) then I will go with the likes of Finidi or Amunele without batting an eyelid.
KPOM! But you know inferiority complex will not allow them.

Imagine the one still ANGRY that Keshi won the AFCON playing Sunday Mbah!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:06 am
Damunk wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:04 am

Eguavoen
Siasia
Finidi
Amokachi
Salisu
Amunike
Oliseh

I still tell you that Ibori is the BEST governor in Delta State in terms of infrastructural development. He committed a crime and was rightfully punished. That does not remove his achievement as governor of Delta State.

Alladyce was NOT punished for the crime and Damunk thinks that is the right thing to do because........................

But he will go on and on about someone who was rightfully punished.

The double standard of the WOWO people. Oyinbo can do no wrong!

Person that looks at Rohr's CV and ..................................
Kai! You’ve now gone fron straw man construction to constructing BIG BIG lies. :rotf:
Me? Tell you that Allardyce rightly went unpunished? When was that please?

You must be dreaming.
No, actually, you are not dreaming.
You know exactly what you are doing - clutching at straws (surprise, surprise) to make up your next dishonest, diversionary argument.
You like straw sha. :lol:

There should be ZERO tolerance for corruption in our football and national life.
That you keep referring to Allardyce time after time as an EXCUSE for corruption in NIGERIAN FOOTBALL says more about you than it does about me. Weytin consign me with Allardyce? In fact, weytin consign Allardyce with Nigeria?
You’ve probably brought him up a dozen times over the years. Is that your benchmark? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

And finally, you can throw coded insults at me all you like, but always remember you do not have exclusive rights.
If you have to concoct lies and insults to make your point, for now all I will do is :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Be careful, Mr Moderator.
You are supposed to be setting an example. :clap:
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Regragui was/is a CAF Champions League winner.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:13 pm

Eguavoen
Siasia
Finidi
Amokachi
Salisu
Amunike
Oliseh

The above demonstreates the problem on CE. Emir has listed all local coaches that he knows. Common denominator? They have all been with the NT one time or the other.

If we ask him to list possible FCs, he will list some that have only managed clubs.

What is the problem?

Many on CE have no clue about local Nigerian managers except if they have been with the NT.

Yet they will claim there are no good managers. Bros, there are several managers who have not been with the NT but have been successful at the club level. Should they be excluded? If so, why include FCs that have not coached NTs?
OK, name the good managers in the local league, sir.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:56 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:13 pm The above demonstreates the problem on CE. Emir has listed all local coaches that he knows. Common denominator? They have all been with the NT one time or the other.

If we ask him to list possible FCs, he will list some that have only managed clubs.

What is the problem?

Many on CE have no clue about local Nigerian managers except if they have been with the NT.

Yet they will claim there are no good managers. Bros, there are several managers who have not been with the NT but have been successful at the club level. Should they be excluded? If so, why include FCs that have not coached NTs?
Quoting Prof from earlier in the thread:
We had Ndubuisi Egbo show his ability, albeit in one competition, with his foreign club. But here are other managers who have also shown their ability:

1. Fidelis Ilechukwu
2. Abdu Maikaba
3. Kennedy Boboye
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

I would have taken him based on his knowledge of the African game and exploits with Wydad Casablanca. That is why my preference now is Pitso Mosimane.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:10 pm
I would have taken him based on his knowledge of the African game and exploits with Wydad Casablanca. That is why my preference now is Pitso Mosimane.
Exactly.
He has demonstrated his pedigree, which is all that we are asking for.
Not sentiment based on green passport alone.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:33 am
The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:56 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:13 pm The above demonstreates the problem on CE. Emir has listed all local coaches that he knows. Common denominator? They have all been with the NT one time or the other.

What is the problem?

Quoting Prof from earlier in the thread:
We had Ndubuisi Egbo show his ability, albeit in one competition, with his foreign club. But here are other managers who have also shown their ability:

1. Fidelis Ilechukwu
2. Abdu Maikaba
3. Kennedy Boboye
Thanks. I missed this.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.