OLISEH AND ETO'O

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
OLISEH AND ETO'O

Post by danfo driver »

Reading through the Eto'o thread, it seems like Eto'o and Oliseh are quite comparable. Both were at the very top top of their country's football, played for the best teams in the world and highly respected in the world. They both bled for their country and gave everything on the pitch. Both very passionate about their country and prepared to change things radically. Both also prefer to live a very honest and open life and unable to assimilate to the corruption and under-dealings of their countrymen.

However, I noticed that both are deeply hated by a good number of their countrymen. And anyone who generally likes Oliseh, likes Eto'o.

I would ask why? but it leads me to believe that the hatred for both comes from a group of corrupt criminals who are unable to accept a Nigerian/Cameroonian who fights corruption.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: OLISEH AND ETO'O

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Nigerian/Cameroonian who fights corruption.

this is why, you've said it all. They won't come back with any tangible response.. thei excuse will be no good local coaches. the likes of the cursed massa lovers, kongi and damunk
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:53 pm Reading through the Eto'o thread, it seems like Eto'o and Oliseh are quite comparable. Both were at the very top top of their country's football, played for the best teams in the world and highly respected in the world. They both bled for their country and gave everything on the pitch. Both very passionate about their country and prepared to change things radically. Both also prefer to live a very honest and open life and unable to assimilate to the corruption and under-dealings of their countrymen.

However, I noticed that both are deeply hated by a good number of their countrymen. And anyone who generally likes Oliseh, likes Eto'o.

I would ask why? but it leads me to believe that the hatred for both comes from a group of corrupt criminals who are unable to accept a Nigerian/Cameroonian who fights corruption.
For starter, Its a crime to even mention Olise - a failed national team coach, a failed division 4 coach :shock: on same par as Eto who is the President of Cameroon football federation.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jette1 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:06 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:53 pm Reading through the Eto'o thread, it seems like Eto'o and Oliseh are quite comparable. Both were at the very top top of their country's football, played for the best teams in the world and highly respected in the world. They both bled for their country and gave everything on the pitch. Both very passionate about their country and prepared to change things radically. Both also prefer to live a very honest and open life and unable to assimilate to the corruption and under-dealings of their countrymen.

For starter, Its a crime to even mention Olise - a failed national team coach, a failed division 4 coach :shock: on same par as Eto who is the President of Cameroon football federation.
Cool.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I'm an Oliseh fan but I'm suspicious of Eto'o.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

I loved Oliseh as a player but he is a terrible coach with serious man-management issues.

I don't know Eto'o enough to have an opinion of him.

Eto'o got Cameroun to the World Cup. Helped them get a point so far... and believes in his own people. I am a fan of that.

Ps., on Oliseh, coaching is not just about tactics and strategy... man management at that level is the biggest skill set required.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:23 pm I loved Oliseh as a player but he is a terrible coach with serious man-management issues.

I don't know Eto'o enough to have an opinion of him.

Eto'o got Cameroun to the World Cup. Helped them get a point so far... and believes in his own people. I am a fan of that.

Ps., on Oliseh, coaching is not just about tactics and strategy... man management at that level is the biggest skill set required.
Pkom x 2, No1 reason Rohr even lasted the long he did despite not having idea of what he was doing can be attributed to his father-figure skills and managerial presence. High Self esteem is a personality trait needed by anyone in mentorship status and some people with low self esteem might over time through learning and life experiences boost their self esteem however the bad news is that unconsciously when they hit a rough patch their reptilian brain takes over. That's exactly what happened when Oliseh abdicated his post at the super eagles and left a whole nation hanging
Last edited by jette1 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:59 pm Nigerian/Cameroonian who fights corruption.

this is why, you've said it all. They won't come back with any tangible response.. thei excuse will be no good local coaches. the likes of the cursed massa lovers, kongi and damunk
You forgot one big one. He loves his smell of foreign asss- Vancity
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Does either of them fight corruption? How did they fight the same system that brought them in? Did Eto'o bleed Cameroon or was he more sympathetic of Biya's cause? You can't support Biya and claim to "fight corruption" at the same time. Eto'o is more like Amokachi. They were great players but their passion for their countries was based on their support for the despots that supported them. Amokachi was more patroitic under Abacha because of his relationship with Abacha. Once Abacha left office, his patriotism waned.

Oliseh does not even fit into this picture. He would not have even been considered to coach Nigeria but for the same Pinnick that you all pilloried. He was the least qualified among his peers that had aspirations to coach Nigeria. So fighting corruption my aszz!

Daft post, daft thread, daft everything!

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:59 pm Nigerian/Cameroonian who fights corruption.

Last edited by 1naija on Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:48 am Does either of them fight corruption? How did they fight the samer system that brought them in? Did Eto'o bleed Cameroon or was he more sympathetic of Biya's cause? You can't support Biya and claim to "fight corruption" at the same. Eto'o is more like Amokachi. They were great players but their passion for their countries was based on their support for the despots that supported them. Amokachi was more patroitic under Abacha because of his relationship with Abacha. Once Abacha left office, his patriotism waned.

Oliseh does not even fit into this picture. He would not have even been considered to coach Nigeria but for the same Pinnick that you all pilloried. He was the least qualified among his peers that had aspirations to coach Nigeria. So fighting corruption my aszz!

You have no quality, the forum is suffering from mediocre comments from you. I think you should take some time off from the forum and just be on browse mode. This way you can learn how to improve your level of communication by observing . If not, you will continue to spill out daft and very unintelligent post
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:48 am Amokachi was more patroitic under Abacha because of his relationship with Abacha. Once Abacha left office, his patriotism waned.
A few things, Abacha never "left office."

Secondly, Abacha died in June 1998. Amokachi sustained a serious knee injury prior to the world cup, which was played on the same month. He played only one game in that world cup. His knee was pretty much done, and his career pretty much over. I believe he played only one more time for Nigeria in 1999.

I am not sure Amokachi had a chance to be unpatriotic or patriotic, as a player after Abacha died, as his career was pretty much over, thereafter.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

1naija wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:48 am Does either of them fight corruption? How did they fight the samer system that brought them in? Did Eto'o bleed Cameroon or was he more sympathetic of Biya's cause? You can't support Biya and claim to "fight corruption" at the same. Eto'o is more like Amokachi. They were great players but their passion for their countries was based on their support for the despots that supported them. Amokachi was more patroitic under Abacha because of his relationship with Abacha. Once Abacha left office, his patriotism waned.

Any additional comment would need uncivilized. Dare criticize Eto'o in Cameroon and they'll tell you how jealous you are of him. He hires a coach who has a losing track record as a coach for no other reason than the fact that that individual is his friend and he can manipulate him.
Look at the results.
Since Song took over, I think he has won 1 of nine games if my memories serve me well.
The game in Algeria where the luckily last minute goal qualified Cameroon to the world cup.
His teams have to strategy.
But dare open your mouth to call him out and you'll be labeled a jealous individual.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Dude, Amokachi is still alive. Nothing stops him from contuing his patriotism now like he did during Abacha's reign. Your post is about Eto'o now, not when he was banging in goals in France and at Barcelona. You sound confused like bigpunky. What are you trying to say? Send PM and I'll say it for you cohetently like i do for Bigpunky all the time.
danfo driver wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:12 am
1naija wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:48 am Amokachi was more patroitic under Abacha because of his relationship with Abacha. Once Abacha left office, his patriotism waned.
A few things, Abacha never "left office."

Secondly, Abacha died in June 1998. Amokachi sustained a serious knee injury prior to the world cup, which was played on the same month. He played only one game in that world cup. His knee was pretty much done, and his career pretty much over. I believe he played only one more time for Nigeria in 1999.

I am not sure Amokachi had a chance to be unpatriotic or patriotic, as a player after Abacha died, as his career was pretty much over, thereafter.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:23 pm ...
Winston Borgarde
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:24 am Dude, Amokachi is still alive. Nothing stops him from contuing his patriotism now like he did during Abacha's reign. Your post is about Eto'o now, not when he was banging in goals in France and at Barcelona. You sound confused like bigpunky. What are you trying to say? Send PM and I'll say it for you cohetently like i do for Bigpunky all the time.
Quite a few things. I have highlighted the relevant portion for ease of reference.

First, what would you consider "patriotism?" Would that relate solely to playing for the national team? or coaching the national team. Would you agree that there are other forms of patriotism?

Second, when I spoke about Eto'o and Oliseh, a large part of my comment related to their playing days -- as you put it, "when he was banging in goals in France and at Barcelona."

Finally, my response to your post was solely in relation to the factual inaccuracies in your comment. I noticed you have decided to side step those corrections and immediately deflect to other matters, completely unrelated to your earlier errors.

That said, I am glad you have finally learned that:

1. Abacha did not leave office; and
2. Amokachi's playing career ended pretty much when Abacha died.

The first, a lot of small children learned in school and adults learned on the news. The latter, all Nigerian football fans learned from following the Super Eagles.