Peseiro's evaluation of SE has become clearer......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: Peseiro's evaluation of SE has become clearer......

Post by waka-man »

iworo wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:42 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:19 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:37 pm There are several statements made by Peseiro that should give us a clue about what he thinks of the SE that he currently manages. I list them below for discussion.

1. That he is able to win the AFCON with the SE.

2. That the SE is not at the level to compete withe the top teams in the world. Check out his statements regarding the Portugal game.

The above two statements leads one to wonder given that Ghana showed clearly an ability to compete with Portugal in a critical, not friendly, atmosphere.

Given the above, I ask:

1. Is Peseiro over his head, given the task? As you will agree, many Nigerians not only believe that we can compete with Ghana but believe that we should be favored against Ghana.

2. If Peseiro believes that SE can win the AFCON but cannot compete with some top teams in the world, what does he truly think about capabilities of African teams, Nigeria included?

3. Is Peseiro really up to the task ahead?
i disagree with this 100%, we had nothing to play for. Winning that game won't change anything .. didn't we defeat Argentina 4-2 and France 1-0...Nigeria is normally very useless when it comes to friendlies. Let's really focus on competitive games, these friendlies are to access our rubbish and weak plays . YOu learn from them

I can’t believe that I’m agreeing with TrollPokey for once :(. Enugu II and his hatred for anything foreign :lol:.
I don’t get this nothing to play for thing. As if they’ve been winning when we had something to play for.

Here’s what they had to play for: the GWG and 200 million people who are let down by their leaders, their clergymen and now, their footballers.

To quote Robby, it’s a damn shame when we think none of that matters. A damn shame.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

We are back to wanting to fire a coach

Not because of his competitive record

But because of something he allegedly SAID.

No wonder we are in complete disarray.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:27 am We are back to wanting to fire a coach

Don’t you think it makes a big difference if he had an admirable record while saying what he did as opposed to the less than flattering record he has? His unguarded words have only served to accentuate his pathetic record. One gets the impression he’s merely covering up for his failures by insinuating that Nigerian players are not good❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:37 pm There are several statements made by Peseiro that should give us a clue about what he thinks of the SE that he currently manages. I list them below for discussion.

2. That the SE is not at the level to compete withe the top teams in the world. Check out his statements regarding the Portugal game.

The above two statements leads one to wonder given that Ghana showed clearly an ability to compete with Portugal in a critical, not friendly, atmosphere.

Given the above, I ask:

1. Is Peseiro over his head, given the task? As you will agree, many Nigerians not only believe that we can compete with Ghana but believe that we should be favored against Ghana.

2. If Peseiro believes that SE can win the AFCON but cannot compete with some top teams in the world, what does he truly think about capabilities of African teams, Nigeria included?

Are we now equating the Ghana vs Portugal game with the Portugal vs Nigeria game?

And using this as a basis to assess the coach?

How is this possible?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

txj wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:05 am

Given the above, I ask:

Are we now equating the Ghana vs Portugal game with the Portugal vs Nigeria game?

How is this possible?
It is possible because we never seem to use our heads in regards to anything.

For the 2nd time many people are advocating to fire a coach because of what he said. Even forgetting his English is not great.

Did he not also say Nigetia deserved to be in the WC instead of Ghana ?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:28 am

Given the above, I ask:

How is this possible?

For the 2nd time many people are advocating to fire a coach because of what he said. Even forgetting his English is not great.

What’s the point in keeping a coach who doesn’t believe his charges can overcome foreign opposition because they are not at the level of the opposition? Fundamentally, you can’t successfully coach a team you believe is sub standard. What’s his plan? Recruit new players? From where? Given that our players only come together a few times a year for a few days, how are you going to provide the level of coaching and training required to bring them up to par❓❗️

On the same note, I’ll wager that when he interviewed for the job, he convinced his would be employers that he can turn the team into world beaters❗️

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:57 am

Given the above, I ask:

How is this possible?

What’s the point in keeping a coach who doesn’t believe his charges can overcome foreign opposition because they are not at the level of the opposition? Fundamentally, you can’t successfully coach a team you believe is sub standard. What’s his plan? Recruit new players? From where? Given that our players only come together a few times a year for a few days, how are you going to provide the level of coaching and training required to bring them up to par❓❗️

On the same note, I’ll wager that when he interviewed for the job, he convinced his would be employers that he can turn the team into world beaters❗️

Cheers.
And just like last time you've created your version of reality in order to support your aims.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:35 am

Given the above, I ask:

How is this possible?

Cheers.
And just like last time you've created your version of reality in order to support your aims.
One of these days, I’ll be pleasantly surprised that you actually have something meaningful to say but definitely not today🙂❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:14 pm
packerland wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:06 pm
waka-man wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:07 pm The statement disqualified him from being Nigeria’s manager.

Africa belongs at the top. Senegal, Tunisia, Ghana, Cameoun and Morocco are all showing we belong with the big boys.

So if we don’t belong with the big boys, we have no chance in Africa.

Gone are days when only one African team went into the final games of the first round with a chance. This year they all have. Senegal through; Tunisia very unlucky, Morocco and Ghana in pole position and Cameroon with an outside chance.

But illiterate Europeans and their African admirers will continue to tell us we don’t belong, and thus accept mediocrity. It’s gotta stop at some point.

Personally, I hope Paseiro walks away really soon and even an inexperienced but ambitious Nigerian takes over the way Rikard did in Holland.

What’s Mikel up to? Is SS still banned? Kanu and JJ? Olofinjana? Ikeme? Vin Magnet.

Come and save us from this insanity. Please.
Not sure about this list and here is why:
1. Mikel is not one for NFF BS, so he might pull an Oliseh and walk away.
2. Kanu and JJ have not done anything to improve their coaching CV since they retired other than pledging their support from one politician to the other and attending games as soccer ambassadors.
3. I don't know about Ikeme but his health might be a factor. The young man don't need any added stress in his life.
4. Olofinjana has what it takes but someone said he has already turned them down.
5. Vince is probably still at home cutting okra but he will make a better GK coach than Alloy Agu.
That’s a bit of my point. Any Nigerian with football knowledge and belief in them would be amazing.

As for the specifics:
Ikeme is fully in remission and on the staff at Wolves
Mikel survived as captain and doesn’t have Oliseh sense of entitlement
JJ and Okocha would be entertaining and I’m desperate to be entertained
Ask Seyi again. And keep asking until he says yes
Vince and okra made me laugh

But again, my point is I’d take any ex-Nigerian player of the clueless bozo we have right now. I mean, what’s Garba Lawal up to? Mutiu nko?

Someone. Anyone.
Then you’d better go for Amokachi or Eguavon.
At least they’re coaches.
Abi you don forget? :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Given the above, I ask:

How is this possible?

Cheers.
He actually did. He had done the research on Nigerian players and wowed Pinnick and the NFF.
Pinnick said it.

But wait…isn’t this what we said we wanted? Big mouth to “instill confidence in the team”.
He has said countless times that his mission is to win AFCON.
So now we want him to say we will win the World Cup?

Okay nah. Let’s keep hiring and firing based on headless chickenness.
I’ve said it before: local coach o, foreign coach o….any true transition will be extremely painful. Too painful for Nigerians. See how we are convulsing over a meaningless friendly 4-0 massacre.

It’s a game of musical chairs between foreign and local. We run in cycles turn by turn. It been like this for decades and right now, it’s the local coaches’ turn coming up. You can sense it.

‘Local l’o kan’. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

This was the same campaign of calumny that E11 and his cohorts led against Rohr for the 5 years he was in charge of the SE. Always gripping and moaning and finally celebrated the appointment of their hero, Eguavoen, on the forum. We know how it all ended.
He has started again, keep it up!
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:15 am This was the same campaign of calumny that E11 and his cohorts led against Rohr for the 5 years he was in charge of the SE. Always gripping and moaning and finally celebrated the appointment of their hero, Eguavoen, on the forum. We know how it all ended.
Like I said, na turn by turn:
Peseiro today.
Eguavon yesterday.
Rohr last week.
Oliseh a fortnight ago.
Keshi last month.
Amodu last year.

Tomorrow na Mr Local Coach’s turn to hear wien.
As predictable as night and day.

No be anybody curse us. Na we curse awasef. :clap:
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Damunk wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:31 am
waka-man wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:14 pm
packerland wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:06 pm
waka-man wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:07 pm The statement disqualified him from being Nigeria’s manager.

Africa belongs at the top. Senegal, Tunisia, Ghana, Cameoun and Morocco are all showing we belong with the big boys.

So if we don’t belong with the big boys, we have no chance in Africa.

Gone are days when only one African team went into the final games of the first round with a chance. This year they all have. Senegal through; Tunisia very unlucky, Morocco and Ghana in pole position and Cameroon with an outside chance.

But illiterate Europeans and their African admirers will continue to tell us we don’t belong, and thus accept mediocrity. It’s gotta stop at some point.

Personally, I hope Paseiro walks away really soon and even an inexperienced but ambitious Nigerian takes over the way Rikard did in Holland.

What’s Mikel up to? Is SS still banned? Kanu and JJ? Olofinjana? Ikeme? Vin Magnet.

Come and save us from this insanity. Please.
Not sure about this list and here is why:
1. Mikel is not one for NFF BS, so he might pull an Oliseh and walk away.
2. Kanu and JJ have not done anything to improve their coaching CV since they retired other than pledging their support from one politician to the other and attending games as soccer ambassadors.
3. I don't know about Ikeme but his health might be a factor. The young man don't need any added stress in his life.
4. Olofinjana has what it takes but someone said he has already turned them down.
5. Vince is probably still at home cutting okra but he will make a better GK coach than Alloy Agu.
That’s a bit of my point. Any Nigerian with football knowledge and belief in them would be amazing.

As for the specifics:
Ikeme is fully in remission and on the staff at Wolves
Mikel survived as captain and doesn’t have Oliseh sense of entitlement
JJ and Okocha would be entertaining and I’m desperate to be entertained
Ask Seyi again. And keep asking until he says yes
Vince and okra made me laugh

But again, my point is I’d take any ex-Nigerian player of the clueless bozo we have right now. I mean, what’s Garba Lawal up to? Mutiu nko?

Someone. Anyone.
Then you’d better go for Amokachi or Eguavon.
At least they’re coaches.
Abi you don forget? :rotf:
Heresy I know but I’d take clueless Eguavon over conman Paseiro. At least the money chopped will stay in Nigeria.

And while I don’t think Egu is a good coach, he did deliver Nigeria’s best performance of the last 4 years when we nullified everything Egypt had to offer.

But here’s another thing… who said we need a coach? We need a manager. Someone with a vision of what we can be and how we need to play to become that. The manager can go hire coaches.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:49 am
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:27 am We are back to wanting to fire a coach

Don’t you think it makes a big difference if he had an admirable record while saying what he did as opposed to the less than flattering record he has? His unguarded words have only served to accentuate his pathetic record. One gets the impression he’s merely covering up for his failures by insinuating that Nigerian players are not good❗️

Cheers.
you're arguing with someone who doesn't know that motivating players and instilling belief is a big part of coaching,
that's why he underrates coaches who that well (e.g. Keshi), but supports coaches who are terrible at it (e.g. Rohr, Passeiro)
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

So we are to just forget all of the abject failure all of our recent local coaches heaped upon us ?

From failing to qualify for 3 Common AFCONs, to our worst AFCON performance in over 30 years, to losing a WC ticket to a Ghana team with worse players and a coach playing his first match.

What abject, and utter FAILURE.

All this scrambling for those who have brought us nothing but FAILURE, simply because of a friendly and a set of words which can be interpreted any way you want.

Like I said no wonder we are a mess. We can't even pay our coaches, yet we dream of success.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

We should fire all the FCs, even the one in the Falcon. We cannot afford paying them. It makes no sense going for what you cannot afford. A Nigerian coach will perform better . Enough is enough ...There is inflation
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:24 pm A Nigerian coach will perform better . Enough is enough ...There is inflation
But this has been proven time and time again not to be true.

We are literally watching the shi%%y results of your "local coaches" (DNQ FOR QATAR) but you all have short memories.

But it's the same recycled garbage from you guys over and over.

You are now even reusing the "fire him based on media statements" rubbish AGAIN.

Do you guys not get tired of your cluelessness and delusions.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:28 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:24 pm A Nigerian coach will perform better . Enough is enough ...There is inflation
But this has been proven time and time again not to be true.

We are literally watching the shi%%y results of your "local coaches" (DNQ FOR QATAR) but you all have short memories.

But it's the same recycled garbage from you guys over and over.

You are now even reusing the "fire him based on media statements" rubbish AGAIN.

Do you guys not get tired of your cluelessness and delusions.
do you think we all have amnesia from 2013?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:24 am
Dammy wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:15 am This was the same campaign of calumny that E11 and his cohorts led against Rohr for the 5 years he was in charge of the SE. Always gripping and moaning and finally celebrated the appointment of their hero, Eguavoen, on the forum. We know how it all ended.
Like I said, na turn by turn:
Peseiro today.
Eguavon yesterday.
Rohr last week.
Oliseh a fortnight ago.
Keshi last month.
Amodu last year.

Tomorrow na Mr Local Coach’s turn to hear wien.
As predictable as night and day.

No be anybody curse us. Na we curse awasef. :clap:

There's nothing wrong with criticism and I'm 100% with EII on that.

But it needs to be valid criticism and based understanding of the game and intelligence...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:45 am

Given the above, I ask:

How is this possible?

Cheers.
He actually did. He had done the research on Nigerian players and wowed Pinnick and the NFF.
Pinnick said it.

But wait…isn’t this what we said we wanted? Big mouth to “instill confidence in the team”.
He has said countless times that his mission is to win AFCON.
So now we want him to say we will win the World Cup?

Okay nah. Let’s keep hiring and firing based on headless chickenness.
I’ve said it before: local coach o, foreign coach o….any true transition will be extremely painful. Too painful for Nigerians. See how we are convulsing over a meaningless friendly 4-0 massacre.

It’s a game of musical chairs between foreign and local. We run in cycles turn by turn. It been like this for decades and right now, it’s the local coaches’ turn coming up. You can sense it.

‘Local l’o kan’. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
… but that is a total contradiction with what he’s saying now. Winning the World Cup is a far cry from saying your players aren’t on the level to compete. If he had said that from the get go, I doubt he would have been hired❗️

Cheers.