Peseiro's evaluation of SE has become clearer......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Peseiro's evaluation of SE has become clearer......

Post by Enugu II »

There are several statements made by Peseiro that should give us a clue about what he thinks of the SE that he currently manages. I list them below for discussion.

1. That he is able to win the AFCON with the SE.

2. That the SE is not at the level to compete withe the top teams in the world. Check out his statements regarding the Portugal game.

The above two statements leads one to wonder given that Ghana showed clearly an ability to compete with Portugal in a critical, not friendly, atmosphere.

Given the above, I ask:

1. Is Peseiro over his head, given the task? As you will agree, many Nigerians not only believe that we can compete with Ghana but believe that we should be favored against Ghana.

2. If Peseiro believes that SE can win the AFCON but cannot compete with some top teams in the world, what does he truly think about capabilities of African teams, Nigeria included?

3. Is Peseiro really up to the task ahead?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Peseiro's evaluation of SE has become clearer......

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:37 pm There are several statements made by Peseiro that should give us a clue about what he thinks of the SE that he currently manages. I list them below for discussion.

2. That the SE is not at the level to compete withe the top teams in the world. Check out his statements regarding the Portugal game.

The above two statements leads one to wonder given that Ghana showed clearly an ability to compete with Portugal in a critical, not friendly, atmosphere.

Given the above, I ask:

1. Is Peseiro over his head, given the task? As you will agree, many Nigerians not only believe that we can compete with Ghana but believe that we should be favored against Ghana.

2. If Peseiro believes that SE can win the AFCON but cannot compete with some top teams in the world, what does he truly think about capabilities of African teams, Nigeria included?

i disagree with this 100%, we had nothing to play for. Winning that game won't change anything .. didn't we defeat Argentina 4-2 and France 1-0...Nigeria is normally very useless when it comes to friendlies. Let's really focus on competitive games, these friendlies are to access our rubbish and weak plays . YOu learn from them
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/11/ ... ion-talks/

na animal in agbada they run our football plus sports minister no sense they don embezzle the money!
thanks
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:37 pm There are several statements made by Peseiro that should give us a clue about what he thinks of the SE that he currently manages. I list them below for discussion.

Given the above, I ask:

EII,

My brother, let’s not empower mediocrity and incompetence by asking questions we already know the answer to. He asserts that Nigeria cannot compete with the top teams in the world yet he believes he can overcome the likes of Senegal to win the African Nations Cup. Is Senegal not one of the world’s top teams? By the way, haven’t we heard these same illogical sentiments previously? How exactly are his declarations different from Rohr’s opinion of the SuperEagles? We have players who compete day in and day out with the best players in some of the world’s best leagues yet he doesn’t believe he can raise a team that can compete favorably with the rest of the world. The man, just like his oyibo predecessor, is simply trying to lower our expectations of the SuperEagles. I hope the new NFF president is able to see right through him. In my humble opinion, he is not the man for the job❗️

Cheers.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

The statement disqualified him from being Nigeria’s manager.

Africa belongs at the top. Senegal, Tunisia, Ghana, Cameoun and Morocco are all showing we belong with the big boys.

So if we don’t belong with the big boys, we have no chance in Africa.

Gone are days when only one African team went into the final games of the first round with a chance. This year they all have. Senegal through; Tunisia very unlucky, Morocco and Ghana in pole position and Cameroon with an outside chance.

But illiterate Europeans and their African admirers will continue to tell us we don’t belong, and thus accept mediocrity. It’s gotta stop at some point.

Personally, I hope Paseiro walks away really soon and even an inexperienced but ambitious Nigerian takes over the way Rikard did in Holland.

What’s Mikel up to? Is SS still banned? Kanu and JJ? Olofinjana? Ikeme? Vin Magnet.

Come and save us from this insanity. Please.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

This is a dissapointing statement and indeed limiting as a manager
What level of confidence is he putting on the team
It sounds like he is preparing himself incase he fails
I think the NFF should give him set goals and if he doesnt meet then he leaves
Im yet to hear his plans on how we can "get us to compete"
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

My favourite to be the SE coach is Pitso Mosimane but I don't think he will tolerate salary delays.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

waka-man wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:07 pm The statement disqualified him from being Nigeria’s manager.

Africa belongs at the top. Senegal, Tunisia, Ghana, Cameoun and Morocco are all showing we belong with the big boys.

Gone are days when only one African team went into the final games of the first round with a chance. This year they all have. Senegal through; Tunisia very unlucky, Morocco and Ghana in pole position and Cameroon with an outside chance.

But illiterate Europeans and their African admirers will continue to tell us we don’t belong, and thus accept mediocrity. It’s gotta stop at some point.

Personally, I hope Paseiro walks away really soon and even an inexperienced but ambitious Nigerian takes over the way Rikard did in Holland.

What’s Mikel up to? Is SS still banned? Kanu and JJ? Olofinjana? Ikeme? Vin Magnet.

Not sure about this list and here is why:
1. Mikel is not one for NFF BS, so he might pull an Oliseh and walk away.
2. Kanu and JJ have not done anything to improve their coaching CV since they retired other than pledging their support from one politician to the other and attending games as soccer ambassadors.
3. I don't know about Ikeme but his health might be a factor. The young man don't need any added stress in his life.
4. Olofinjana has what it takes but someone said he has already turned them down.
5. Vince is probably still at home cutting okra but he will make a better GK coach than Alloy Agu.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

delisyomie don wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:44 pm https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/11/ ... ion-talks/

na animal in agbada they run our football plus sports minister no sense they don embezzle the money!
:rotf: Peseiro should just fight to get whatever money he is owed and leave, it's clear he's just wasting his time before he even started, at least he can say he coached Nigeria when he updates his CV.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

waka-man wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:07 pm The statement disqualified him from being Nigeria’s manager.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: nothing more to add
SuperEagles

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

National team success involves more than just handing the job to unqualified former players.

Can we just pay a coach for once and judge them on competitive results.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

You people are funny.

You don't like your current coach, hated the last one too and the one before that. No coach is good enough no matter what they do. You want to win with average talent but you don't want to invest in the infrastructure. No league, no stadium security, rubbish pitches and corrupt administrators.

Seems to me yall are looking for a magician nit a coach.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:53 pm

Given the above, I ask:

EII,

My brother, let’s not empower mediocrity and incompetence by asking questions we already know the answer to. He asserts that Nigeria cannot compete with the top teams in the world yet he believes he can overcome the likes of Senegal to win the African Nations Cup. Is Senegal not one of the world’s top teams? By the way, haven’t we heard these same illogical sentiments previously? How exactly are his declarations different from Rohr’s opinion of the SuperEagles? We have players who compete day in and day out with the best players in some of the world’s best leagues yet he doesn’t believe he can raise a team that can compete favorably with the rest of the world. The man, just like his oyibo predecessor, is simply trying to lower our expectations of the SuperEagles. I hope the new NFF president is able to see right through him. In my humble opinion, he is not the man for the job❗️

Cheers.
TTTK,

The question is: Does Peseiro believe that Senegal belongs? My view, is that he does not believe that any African team belongs.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Waka-man,

Na you tok am but the fact is that by Peseiro's statement, he does not believe any African team belongs among the best in the world. Put his statements together and interpret them.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:19 pm

Given the above, I ask:

i disagree with this 100%, we had nothing to play for. Winning that game won't change anything .. didn't we defeat Argentina 4-2 and France 1-0...Nigeria is normally very useless when it comes to friendlies. Let's really focus on competitive games, these friendlies are to access our rubbish and weak plays . YOu learn from them
Bigpokey,

Yea, you disagree and others join you to do so as well but Peseiro's thinking is clear. At least by his recent statements. He just does not believe that Nigeria or any African team belong among the best. TBH, given what has been written by some on this forum and the other larger forum, Peseiro has several on CE who agree with him.
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Paseiro Statement is self evidence . No interpretation needed. Reminds me of my college days one Summer Class. The Prof just heard my accent in class as a foreign student told me right away I can not pass his class. I asked him why. He said he do not believe I can understand his teaching. Racist? you bet.

The best team in the World in 1994 World Cup (no debate here.) was led by a coach we all revered then - Westerhoff who believed then that they (S. Eagles) over achieved. Racist? You bet. He was comfortable that that team lost to Italy. He do not need to say a word. His mannerism speaks volume.

But we were all beclouded by the euphoria of that tournament and could not see through after few years when almost same team won the Olympics even with absent of our top Snr players.

What am I driving at? As long as we will be so stupid continuously looking for a white skin person (who is as corrupt as his employers to come and use the Africans to up his resume) who do not give a hoot about your country football to lead you. You will always be debating comments like that of the current Coach.

I am out. Blinders. Daaaaammmmnnnnn....
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:04 pm National team success involves more than just handing the job to unqualified former players.

Peseiro ain't taking this team to anywhere, the man is another Rohr 2.0 who thinks we can't compete against the likes of Mexico, Portugal etc because they are "big teams", at least have some pride! this world cup has shown that with good coaching, African teams can hang with the best teams in the world...the likes of Morocco, Ghana, heck even Cameroon and Tunisia have already proved this already! had Nigeria qualified to the WC and the likes of Peseiro and Rohr were in charge, we would probably be the first African team not to win a damn game and then get the usual post match pressers that "we played well against a big team" or "how we missed some chances but were unlucky" Bull-shyte excuses.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Piss-ero has to go. Useless coach.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

packerland wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:06 pm

2. Kanu and JJ have not done anything to improve their coaching CV since they retired other than pledging their support from one politician to the other and attending games as soccer ambassadors.
3. I don't know about Ikeme but his health might be a factor. The young man don't need any added stress in his life.
4. Olofinjana has what it takes but someone said he has already turned them down.
5. Vince is probably still at home cutting okra but he will make a better GK coach than Alloy Agu.
That’s a bit of my point. Any Nigerian with football knowledge and belief in them would be amazing.

As for the specifics:
Ikeme is fully in remission and on the staff at Wolves
Mikel survived as captain and doesn’t have Oliseh sense of entitlement
JJ and Okocha would be entertaining and I’m desperate to be entertained
Ask Seyi again. And keep asking until he says yes
Vince and okra made me laugh

But again, my point is I’d take any ex-Nigerian player of the clueless bozo we have right now. I mean, what’s Garba Lawal up to? Mutiu nko?

Someone. Anyone.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:19 pm

Given the above, I ask:

Bigpokey,

Yea, you disagree and others join you to do so as well but Peseiro's thinking is clear. At least by his recent statements. He just does not believe that Nigeria or any African team belong among the best. TBH, given what has been written by some on this forum and the other larger forum, Peseiro has several on CE who agree with him.
that alone is why i am no longer in support of Pasero being our coach
SuperEagles

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:02 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:04 pm National team success involves more than just handing the job to unqualified former players.

Peseiro ain't taking this team to anywhere, the man is another Rohr 2.0 who thinks we can't compete against the likes of Mexico, Portugal etc because they are "big teams", at least have some pride! this world cup has shown that with good coaching, African teams can hang with the best teams in the world...the likes of Morocco, Ghana, heck even Cameroon and Tunisia have already proved this already! had Nigeria qualified to the WC and the likes of Peseiro and Rohr were in charge, we would probably be the first African team not to win a damn game and then get the usual post match pressers that "we played well against a big team" or "how we missed some chances but were unlucky" Bull-shyte excuses.
Have you guys ever thought maybe he made the comment so that they can be fired and get paid what's owed to him. Nobody wants to work and not be paid. As far as Peseiro is concerned, it's too early to fire him but if they do fire him, I won't lose sleep over it because his record before the SE was very poor.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

waka-man wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:14 pm
packerland wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:06 pm

That’s a bit of my point. Any Nigerian with football knowledge and belief in them would be amazing.

As for the specifics:
Ikeme is fully in remission and on the staff at Wolves
Mikel survived as captain and doesn’t have Oliseh sense of entitlement
JJ and Okocha would be entertaining and I’m desperate to be entertained
Ask Seyi again. And keep asking until he says yes
Vince and okra made me laugh

But again, my point is I’d take any ex-Nigerian player of the clueless bozo we have right now. I mean, what’s Garba Lawal up to? Mutiu nko?

Someone. Anyone.
I love Mutiu Adepoju, Ben Iroha and Uche Okechukwu were some of my favorite players from that 90's team. Mutiu and Uche seem level headed.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Given the above, I ask:

I can’t believe that I’m agreeing with TrollPokey for once :(. Enugu II and his hatred for anything foreign :lol:.