NOW that Herve Renard has Crashed out???????

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
NOW that Herve Renard has Crashed out???????

Post by Enugu II »

Image.

.... Should Nigeria pursue his services?

My view is..... YES!! If Nigeria cannot hire a Nigerian NOW then no more middling or lower-end European token. If we must hire an European or South American or non-Nigerian Manager it must be PROVEN.

Herve Renard's team may have imploded at this World Cup but their performance even in the defeat against the plodding Polish team confirms to me what was always known that this Manager is the one who can fully restore Nigeria's past glory. Make no mistake about it! What I do not know, however, is whether Nigeria is willing or capable of putting the necessary funds forward to get him.
Last edited by Enugu II on Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NOW that Herve Renard has Crashed out???????

Post by 1naija »

So he can crash us out too?
Enugu II wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:28 pm Image.

My view is..... YES!! Herve Renard's team may have imploded at this World Cup but their performance even in the defeat against the plodding Polish team confirms to me what was always known that this Manager is the one who can fully restore Nigeria's past glory. Make no mistake about it! What I do not know, however, is whether Nigeria is willing or capable of putting the necessary funds forward to get him.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

We should definitely go for Herve renard
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I'll stick with Peseiro. It's too early to change coaches. Btw, the NFF needs to pay the coach they have first before they hire another coach they will also struggle to pay.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:31 pm So he can crash us out too?

My view is..... YES!! Herve Renard's team may have imploded at this World Cup but their performance even in the defeat against the plodding Polish team confirms to me what was always known that this Manager is the one who can fully restore Nigeria's past glory. Make no mistake about it! What I do not know, however, is whether Nigeria is willing or capable of putting the necessary funds forward to get him.

No mind dem. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

olu wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:45 pm I'll stick with Peseiro. It's too early to change coaches. Btw, the NFF needs to pay the coach they have first before they hire another coach they will also struggle to pay.
Frankly I’d go with Onigbinde over Paseiro. It is so bleeding obvious this is a scam. The guy does not belong at this level.

Get Rene for the Afcon but please let’s wean ourselves off of 3rd rate journeymen like Rohr and 5th rate conmen like Paseiro.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...no reasonable coach will come to a dump and get his cv/resume soiled.
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

1) I do not see our current crop of players handling "why don't you take your camera with you so you can take a picture with Messi" well.

2) National team goalkeeping has gone up a notch. We have not.
Al Owais is a big part of the Saudi showing, in fact I doubt Seaman or Barthez would make their national squads today.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

My view is..... YES!! If Nigeria cannot hire a Nigerian NOW then no more middling or lower-end European token. If we must hire an European or South American or non-Nigerian Manager it must be PROVEN.

Herve Renard's team may have imploded at this World Cup but their performance even in the defeat against the plodding Polish team confirms to me what was always known that this Manager is the one who can fully restore Nigeria's past glory. Make no mistake about it! What I do not know, however, is whether Nigeria is willing or capable of putting the necessary funds forward to get him.
EII,

I think it is time we abandoned the idea of foreign coaches and look inwards for suitable home grown coaches. We have too many options in that department to keep wasting our meager resources on foreign coaches who can’t guarantee success. Sometime ago, I suggested they should go persuade Mike Emenalo to take on the challenge but some natives insisted that a technical director is not a coach yet it was a technical director that we trusted our 2002 World Cup team with🤔❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:32 am

EII,

I think it is time we abandoned the idea of foreign coaches and look inwards for suitable home grown coaches. We have too many options in that department to keep wasting our meager resources on foreign coaches who can’t guarantee success. Sometime ago, I suggested they should go persuade Mike Emenalo to take on the challenge but some natives insisted that a technical director is not a coach yet it was a technical director that we trusted our 2002 World Cup team with🤔❗️

Cheers.
U wan ruin Emenalo's life by saddling the man with the problems of Nigerian football? With no pay for months? Abeg go beg PA Oni jare. He's 80yrs old and needs some money.
OCCUPY NFF!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Bad idea EII
Renard had several years to build the Saudi team but he was unable to get them to the second round after a very favorable first result.

He’s won the CAN twice but his teams didn’t play great football. No team he’s ever coached played fantastic football. They weren’t necessarily cohesive or tactical excellent, not going forward anyway. Let’s not forget his stint at Lille which lasted all of six months.

These guys aren’t magicians. The answer to developing NTs is closer to home.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

YUJAM wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:21 am Bad idea EII
Renard had several years to build the Saudi team but he was unable to get them to the second round after a very favorable first result.

He’s won the CAN twice but his teams didn’t play great football. No team he’s ever coached played fantastic football. They weren’t necessarily cohesive or tactical excellent, not going forward anyway. Let’s not forget his stint at Lille which lasted all of six months.

These guys aren’t magicians. The answer to developing NTs is closer to home.
By home I’m guessing you mean local
Coaches? I’m not saying you are wrong or right but most of y’all avoided the recent thread on what local coach you would love to see manage the SE.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Post Colonial mindset neva finish for una side? Let's get a local coach. If Havre Renard is to come, he can only be support staff to the Nigerian coach
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:35 am Post Colonial mindset neva finish for una side? Let's get a local coach. If Havre Renard is to come, he can only be support staff to the Nigerian coach
Guy, name three coaches.
We’ve been asking you lot for credible local options for years.
Na so-so mouth and a heavy dose of virtue signaling, but nuttin from una. :rotf:

Name them and what they’ve done.
It can’t be that hard.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

We are done with these oyibos. We should stick with our local coaches. We either succeed or sink with them. Afterall we have not done any better with the oyibo coaches.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Damunk wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:14 am
highbury wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:35 am Post Colonial mindset neva finish for una side? Let's get a local coach. If Havre Renard is to come, he can only be support staff to the Nigerian coach
Guy, name three coaches.
Na so-so mouth and a heavy dose of virtue signaling, but nuttin from una. :rotf:

It can’t be that hard.
You may not like the names but there are several. Certainly many who have more a case than Pasiero to be our manager.

I’ll start again:

Amunike
Amokochi
Finidi
Olofinjana
Ikeme
Oliseh
Fidelis Ilechukwu
Felix Nwosu (v young, but certainly going places)
Ladan Bosso
Abdu Maikaba
Usman Ab'dallah
Ibrahim Musa
Kennedy Boboye
Imama Amapakabo
Ghenga Ogunbote

Are any of them world class? No. Not yet. Some will get there.
But they are better and more relevant than Paseiro.
And they’re Nigerian. Yes, that counts for something.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Guy, name three coaches.

It can’t be that hard.
I wouldn't name any for you. If I give you 3 names, is that all you need? I think not! You're not asking for the names because there is no local coach available, but because you believe none of them have the quality. All I can say is that look at the NPFL, look at ex SE players, look at Nigerian coaches in the diaspora. That should give you enough coaches to chose from. I will never accept any foreign coaches moving forward. It is time Nigerians take responsibility for themselves not relying on Foreigners to do that.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

waka-man wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:52 pm
Guy, name three coaches.

It can’t be that hard.
You may not like the names but there are several. Certainly many who have more a case than Pasiero to be our manager.

I’ll start again:

Amunike
Amokochi
Finidi
Olofinjana
Ikeme
Oliseh
Fidelis Ilechukwu
Ladan Bosso
Abdu Maikaba
Usman Ab'dallah
Ibrahim Musa
Kennedy Boboye
Imama Amapakabo
Ghenga Ogunbote

Olofinjana Is interesting. He has coaching/sports directing experience abroad. We should take a close look at him.
I also like Amunike, but doesn’t he have a lot of bribery allegations?

Cross Oliseh’s name out. That man is toxic.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Have the NFF fully payed their last coach?
Rohr tried to warn you how unorganised the NFF are but he was seen as a loser,until the NFF can embrace accountability and professionalism just forget about such a notion.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

olu wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:45 pm I'll stick with Peseiro. It's too early to change coaches. Btw, the NFF needs to pay the coach they have first before they hire another coach they will also struggle to pay.
thank you!!
thanks
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Nope! Get a local coach! Give Amokachi a chance!
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:52 pm
Guy, name three coaches.

It can’t be that hard.

I’ll start again:

Amunike
Amokochi
Finidi
Olofinjana
Ikeme
Oliseh
Fidelis Ilechukwu
Ladan Bosso
Abdu Maikaba
Usman Ab'dallah
Ibrahim Musa
Kennedy Boboye
Imama Amapakabo
Ghenga Ogunbote

There is no name I ‘like’ or ‘dislike’.
It is strictly determined by what they have done, are doing or their potential.
Forget all that WOWO nonsense.
It is prejudicing the discussion.
We just need to make the right, informed choice.
What have these people done that makes them credible prospects?

Please, it needs to be more than just the colour of their passport.
Sentiment shouldn’t come into it, because this same Peseiro we are calling a mediocre coach with a mediocre CV would be the undisputed no1 choice today if he was a Nigerian.
No living Nigerian can match his CV.

So let’s leave sentiment aside and just look at CVs rather than just their passports.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:58 pm
Guy, name three coaches.

It can’t be that hard.
I wouldn't name any for you. If I give you 3 names, is that all you need? I think not! You're not asking for the names because there is no local coach available, but because you believe none of them have the quality. All I can say is that look at the NPFL, look at ex SE players, look at Nigerian coaches in the diaspora. That should give you enough coaches to chose from. I will never accept any foreign coaches moving forward. It is time Nigerians take responsibility for themselves not relying on Foreigners to do that.
The expected cop out.
You have convinced yourself that whatever case you make, no one is listening.
That’s unfortunate.
Tbh, if you had a compelling case you’d jump on the opportunity to prove how blind and stupid we all are.
The point of the matter is that there really isn’t much in the barrel wrt our local coaches. It’s just a large dose of empty sentiment surrounded by a protective layer of insults, ‘nationalism’ and reverse race-baiting.

Anyway, I just wanted three names AND a brief breakdown of what they’d be presenting that would impress you so much if you were on the NFF panel.

Talk is cheap, but it’s okay Highbury. :lol: