NIGERIA WOULD HAVE DONE VERY WELL AT THIS WC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA WOULD HAVE DONE VERY WELL AT THIS WC

Post by vancity eagle »

iworo wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:13 am
hestonap wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:24 pm Absolutely no evidence to support that pronouncement. Folks wey dey draw Cape Verde and lost to CAR. The arrogance of Eagles supporters only surpassed by the English.GTFOH
Thank you my brother :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :agree:.
And Japan lost to Oman.

Korea lost to UAE.

What is your point ? Football is not these simple meaningless mathematics you do.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:03 am
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:00 pm
packerland wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:18 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:40 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:44 pm Lol you guys clearly don't get it.

Nigeria was the better team than Ghana over 2 legs.

It's not how you get there.

Ghana was thrashed by Brazil 3-0, they barely beat Nicaragua 1-0. They had to even cheat to beat South Africa, yet on the world stage they look pretty good.

You are clowns who know nothing about football if you don't think we would have done well in Qatar.

It seems it has become fashionable to just hate on our team because of one damn friendly.

Control your emotions.

We would’ve been in the same group and gotten the same result as Ghana or worse. Uruguay and Portugal would definitely shave spanked us and maybe we draw with South Korea.
Please tell them. We will thrash every country in the WC with a defence that has Ekong paired with one of Akpoguma or Omeruo. You people got jokes today.
Those defenders are better than the ones Australia paraded.

You think football is Playstation.

It all depends on the focus and determination of the players on game day.
And when have our players shown to have focus and determination?
Focus and determination for a WC game? I’ve heard it all. You can eat your cake and have it. You yourself said we don’t have a midfield and I just want to know how the Osimhens’ will get service. Moffi who is one of the hottest strikers in Europe didn’t get service until he got substituted in the 60th minute against Portugal.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

packerland wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:20 am
maceo4 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:03 am
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:00 pm
packerland wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:18 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:40 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:44 pm Lol you guys clearly don't get it.

Nigeria was the better team than Ghana over 2 legs.

It's not how you get there.

Ghana was thrashed by Brazil 3-0, they barely beat Nicaragua 1-0. They had to even cheat to beat South Africa, yet on the world stage they look pretty good.

You are clowns who know nothing about football if you don't think we would have done well in Qatar.

It seems it has become fashionable to just hate on our team because of one damn friendly.

Control your emotions.

We would’ve been in the same group and gotten the same result as Ghana or worse. Uruguay and Portugal would definitely shave spanked us and maybe we draw with South Korea.
Please tell them. We will thrash every country in the WC with a defence that has Ekong paired with one of Akpoguma or Omeruo. You people got jokes today.
Those defenders are better than the ones Australia paraded.

You think football is Playstation.

It all depends on the focus and determination of the players on game day.
And when have our players shown to have focus and determination?
Focus and determination for a WC game? I’ve heard it all. You can eat your cake and have it. You yourself said we don’t have a midfield and I just want to know how the Osimhens’ will get service. Moffi who is one of the hottest strikers in Europe didn’t get service until he got substituted in the 60th minute against Portugal.
VE lives in his own fantasy…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:45 pm Yes I said it.

The way things are going and with the squad we have I would really have fancied our chances, and I think Osimehn would have been one of the major stars in Qatar.

Such a shame, but sometimes you just need to get there, and then you regroup.

Tunisia and Cameroon are nowhere near our quality and they have done okay.

I put it to you that our team could have made the quarter finals.

Sometimes we are not as far away as we think we are, no need to make rash decisions, just stay level headed and work on problem areas.

Everybody thought Ghana would go to WC to stink up the joint. None of the African teams have done such a thing.
VE,

You must have lost it, mate!!

Are you not aware that Nigeria was a participant at this very World Cup 2022? Have you forgotten that Nigeria was eliminated by Ghana? Thus, I read this and kept wondering what you meant..... Nigeria was a participant and could not have won it because Ghana already made certain of that.... How can you forget that very fact?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:05 am
hestonap wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:24 pm Absolutely no evidence to support that pronouncement. Folks wey dey draw Cape Verde and lost to CAR. The arrogance of Eagles supporters only surpassed by the English.GTFOH
And Japan lost to Oman.

Korea lost to UAE.

What is your point ? Football is not these simple meaningless mathematics you do.
By your incomprehensible logic CAR and Cape Verde would have performed better than Nigeria at this WC right. A Nigerian team that consistently underperformed against supposedly inferior opponents we are somehow to believe would beat more superior opposition ? The slap the Portuguese gave to barely a fortnight ago was apparently not severe enough to cure your delusions. Nigerians and their love for magical thinking
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

hestonap wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:45 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:05 am
And Japan lost to Oman.

Korea lost to UAE.

By your incomprehensible logic CAR and Cape Verde would have performed better than Nigeria at this WC right. A Nigerian team that consistently underperformed against supposedly inferior opponents we are somehow to believe would beat more superior opposition ? The slap the Portuguese gave to barely a fortnight ago was apparently not severe enough to cure your delusions. Nigerians and their love for magical thinking
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The funny thing is that Nigeria was not disqualified.....Nigeria actually played in the 2022 World CUP and it is a FACT (not conjecture) that Nigeria was eliminated by Ghana!!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:45 pm Yes I said it.

The way things are going and with the squad we have I would really have fancied our chances, and I think Osimehn would have been one of the major stars in Qatar.

Such a shame, but sometimes you just need to get there, and then you regroup.

Tunisia and Cameroon are nowhere near our quality and they have done okay.

I put it to you that our team could have made the quarter finals.

Sometimes we are not as far away as we think we are, no need to make rash decisions, just stay level headed and work on problem areas.

Everybody thought Ghana would go to WC to stink up the joint. None of the African teams have done such a thing.
...you want your ferrari to go faster but refuse to fix your tires.
Putting fuel is not the only thing.
The problem in Nigeria football is the administration of it.
Osimhem himself is frustrated with them, most likely reason he was a no show for the friendlies before world cup.
You go from being a professional, working with and around professionals, to come down to taking direction from amatures and pretenders.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

may be Nigeria is indeed the only team capable in Africa never mind our absence right now; just cant believe that even the much hyped Senegal is this bad
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

jette1 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:53 pm may be Nigeria is indeed the only team capable in Africa never mind our absence right now; just cant believe that even the much hyped Senegal is this bad
Has Nigeria proven capable? Senegal went to the final tournament. The same tournament where Nigeria failed at the preliminary stage. I am not sure the logic here.

Maybe, I am confused. Can you please explain.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Minus Tunisia, it sucks that most of the regular WC qualifiers from Africa have reached the QF and we haven’t- Cameroon, Ghana, Senegal and now Morocco.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .