NIGERIA WOULD HAVE DONE VERY WELL AT THIS WC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
NIGERIA WOULD HAVE DONE VERY WELL AT THIS WC

Post by vancity eagle »

Yes I said it.

The way things are going and with the squad we have I would really have fancied our chances, and I think Osimehn would have been one of the major stars in Qatar.

Such a shame, but sometimes you just need to get there, and then you regroup.

Tunisia and Cameroon are nowhere near our quality and they have done okay.

I put it to you that our team could have made the quarter finals.

Sometimes we are not as far away as we think we are, no need to make rash decisions, just stay level headed and work on problem areas.

Everybody thought Ghana would go to WC to stink up the joint. None of the African teams have done such a thing.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA WOULD HAVE DONE VERY WELL AT THIS WC

Post by Tobi17 »

If my Aunt had a pair of balls, she could have been my uncle
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:45 pm Yes I said it.

The way things are going and with the squad we have I would really have fancied our chances, and I think Osimehn would have been one of the major stars in Qatar.

Sometimes we are not as far away as we think we are, no need to make rash decisions, just stay level headed and work on problem areas.

Everybody thought Ghana would go to WC to stink up the joint. None of the African teams have done such a thing.
I think other wise.

Regardless of Group

Osimehn who is injury prone, would have been injured during our first match. Then Out for rest of tournament.
Towards the end of many close games Nigeria would peter-out due to fitness and lose

The same problems of hotels, payment, politicians disturbing players, etc would be the usual constant.

Now under what coach ?
With Rohr who believes we are inferior it would have been at best 2 draws a loss and out.
With Egu, we would have been out coached. Would not make 2nd round.
Without a good coach we would definitely be on our way out now.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:53 pm If my Aunt had a pair of balls, she could have been my uncle
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The problem was who Pinnick replaced **** with. Morocco had the same problem heading into the World Cup... and replaced their coach on August 31 with Walid Regragui who recalled some players and played the way Moroccans preferred playing. They didn't play in fear or play with trepidation.

BTW, I never thought Ghana will stink up the joint. The team they had against us was different than the team they used at the AFCON.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If Nigeria had qualified, it would have been in the same group as Portugal (which beat Nigeria 4-0 only a couple of weeks ago) and Uruguay (Nigeria has played South American teams 6 times at the World Cup and lost all 6 games). Can you imagine Nigeria's leaky defence facing Nunez and Cavani? (and even a past his best Suarez), being fed by Bentancur?
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Cellular wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:45 pm

The problem was who Pinnick replaced **** with. Morocco had the same problem heading into the World Cup... and replaced their coach on August 31 with Walid Regragui who recalled some players and played the way Moroccans preferred playing. They didn't play in fear or play with trepidation.

BTW, I never thought Ghana will stink up the joint. The team they had against us was different than the team they used at the AFCON.
It’s all about selection, selection, selection. Eguavoen, on his own wasn’t the problem. Pinnick and his cronies and their knack for interfering in team matters was the problem. Overhauling the team the way they did for the 2nd leg against Ghana was what did us in. The way things were shaping up, had we made it to Qatar, Iheanacho might have been dropped. In that case, where would the goals have come from? Stupidity is what kept us from going to the World Cup and it is the same thing that would have guaranteed a first round exit. In my opinion, Denis, Lookman and Aribo are way too soft to be effective, wether you want to admit it or not❗️

Cheers.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

wiseone wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:55 pm If Nigeria had qualified, it would have been in the same group as Portugal (which beat Nigeria 4-0 only a couple of weeks ago) and Uruguay (Nigeria has played South American teams 6 times at the World Cup and lost all 6 games). Can you imagine Nigeria's leaky defence facing Nunez and Cavani? (and a past his best Suarez), being fed by Bentancur?
Friendlies? You are using friendlies? Chei!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Egg
Egg

Post by 404 »

Sunset wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:06 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:53 pm If my Aunt had a pair of balls, she could have been my uncle
:thumbs: :rotf: :rotf: :smile:
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

wiseone wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:55 pm If Nigeria had qualified, it would have been in the same group as Portugal (which beat Nigeria 4-0 only a couple of weeks ago) and Uruguay (Nigeria has played South American teams 6 times at the World Cup and lost all 6 games). Can you imagine Nigeria's leaky defence facing Nunez and Cavani? (and even a past his best Suarez), being fed by Bentancur?
We would have been in pot 3. Ghana was in pot 4. The groups would have been different.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Oh shut up dia. We don't know that. The good news( if Pinnick kept his word) was that Eguaveon would have taken us to the World Cup in line with other teams who qualified.
I repeat, no more foreign roaches, I mean coaches. Nigeria must manage Nigerians. The World Cup is a festivity where every country displays their style of football as their country interprets it. Not how a foreigner interprets it.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:01 pm

It’s all about selection, selection, selection. Eguavoen, on his own wasn’t the problem. Pinnick and his cronies and their knack for interfering in team matters was the problem. Overhauling the team the way they did for the 2nd leg against Ghana was what did us in. The way things were shaping up, had we made it to Qatar, Iheanacho might have been dropped. In that case, where would the goals have come from? Stupidity is what kept us from going to the World Cup and it is the same thing that would have guaranteed a first round exit. In my opinion, Denis, Lookman and Aribo are way too soft to be effective, wether you want to admit it or not❗️

Cheers.
Absolute nonsense.

So the problem was switching an ineffective bunch of players who have been stinking up the joint ?

Nacho and Simon deserved to be dropped they were horrific.

So the problem was players who SCORED ONE GOAL, but we should have kept with players who went scoreless against Ghana in the first leg ?

Dumb brain Moses Simon only needed to square pass and we would have scored but he went for glory from a tight angle, typical DUMB African play.

Iheanacho was completely missing as always.

We screwed up over both legs for a number of reasons.

1. Uzoho
2. Braindead Moses Simon
3. Osimehn not keeping his cool
4. Poor midfield options including injured players.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:56 pm

Cheers.
Absolute nonsense.

So the problem was switching an ineffective bunch of players who have been stinking up the joint ?

So the problem was players who SCORED ONE GOAL, but we should have kept with players who went scoreless against Ghana in the first leg ?

Dumb brain Moses Simon only needed to square pass and we would have scored but he went for glory from a tight angle, typical DUMB African play.

1. Uzoho
2. Braindead Moses Simon
Fuccck you. You have been an Iheanacho hater from day 1. It is your likes that have destroyed Nigerian football, with your bigoted protestations and back room politics. You got your wishes to our eternal detriment. Ekong scored a disputed penalty otherwise we would have been disgraced right in our backyard. Who else, besides Osimhen, has the gumption to manufacture goals for Nigeria? Certainly not Lookman or the brain dead Denis. Ineffective my arse. We all saw just how effective Lookman and Denis were. I certainly hope never again❗️

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:35 pm

Cheers.
Absolute nonsense.

1. Uzoho
2. Braindead Moses Simon
Fuccck you. You have been an Iheanacho hater from day 1. It is your likes that have destroyed Nigerian football, with your bigoted protestations and back room politics. You got your wishes to our eternal detriment. Ekong scored a disputed penalty otherwise we would have been disgraced right in our backyard. Who else, besides Osimhen, has the gumption to manufacture goals for Nigeria? Certainly not Lookman or the brain dead Denis. Ineffective my arse. We all saw just how effective Lookman and Denis were. I certainly hope never again❗️

Cheers.
You are an eeeediot.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Cheers.
Absolute nonsense.

1. Uzoho
2. Braindead Moses Simon

Cheers.
He ( Van City) is a Nigerian bigot. He keeps calling or uses phrases like " fools" and " dumb" to characterize Nigerian or African players. Yet, he embodies those adjectives on a daily to weekly bases in this forum. In his deluded mind, no black man has the intelligence for excellence except himself. Japan doing their thang with their own local coach by the way. A complete rejection of the foreign coach narrative is so clearly displayed in this World Cup.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

isn't this the same fella who figured out why African teams were so bad?
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

highbury wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:06 pm

Cheers.
Absolute nonsense.

1. Uzoho
2. Braindead Moses Simon

Cheers.
He ( Van City) is a Nigerian bigot. He keeps calling or uses phrases like " fools" and " dumb" to characterize Nigerian or African players. Yet, he embodies those adjectives on a daily to weekly bases in this forum. In his deluded mind, no black man has the intelligence for excellence except himself. Japan doing their thang with their own local coach by the way. A complete rejection of the foreign coach narrative is so clearly displayed in this World Cup.
I call it as I see it

And if you think it's as simple as hiring ANY local coach to get success, then you indeed are a fool.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

some of you should learn to stop dealing with ifs, buts or maybes. Learn to deal with absolutes , this is a very daft thread .

my goodness what are we dealing with here?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

404 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:22 pm
Tobi ain’t having it. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:07 pm
404 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:22 pm
Tobi ain’t having it. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:bump: The stupid sh1t we wake up to read on CE
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:24 pm
highbury wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:06 pm

Cheers.
Absolute nonsense.

1. Uzoho
2. Braindead Moses Simon

Cheers.
I call it as I see it

And if you think it's as simple as hiring ANY local coach to get success, then you indeed are a fool.
The problem is you don’t live in reality, so we can’t really trust what you are seeing now can we? Imagine opening a dumb thread like this…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I don't see how you could do well without a goalkeeper. Our outfield players would have done just as well as Ghana, barring any injuries in midfield. We have no depth whatsoever in midfield, so one or two injuries, and we're in trouble. As for the goalkeepers, they would have undone any good the likes of Osimhen would have done. Three games and out, regardless of the coach. The better teams went ahead of us. It's just the way it is. A concentration of good talent is cyclical.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

We would have gone with **** or Egu, Then taken passengers like Etebo, Ogu, Musa, Abdulahi, Onazi, ighalo while leaving out better players like Yusuf, OnyeDika, Nwakali, Okereke etc.Yea it would have been a disaster.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.